Sign in to follow this  
voicey99

Numerical-named Planets

Question

voicey99    340
Posted (edited)

Loading up KSP one time, and on load several mods start spewing errors at me from all angles. Strategia announces that all of the body programs are now invalid due to the planets no longer existing. Scatterer and CustomAsteroids are throwing NREs like confetti. My previously 96% reputation is now -284. And then KSP crashes and takes my entire PC down with it.

On looking into the logs and the trackstation, all bodies (including Kerbol) have been renamed to numbers-for example, Jool is now "38327"-what just happened?

My modlist is contained at the start of the logs (16:51:56.133, under "folders and files in GameData"), which are from another (later, but with all the same issues) instance that was closed before it could crash, since I have no desire to sit around for 20 minutes to wait for my desktop to become responsive again.

Edited by voicey99

3 answers to this question

JetJaguar    145

Same problem here.  It's another Sigma Binary prank.  Remove that mod, and that fixes the names.  On Valentines' Day, that mod changed all of the planets to Mun.  I see today is 3/14, or Pi Day.  The numbers are the digits of pi: 31415, 92653, 58979, and so on. 

Sigma88    1613
1 hour ago, JetJaguar said:

Same problem here.  It's another Sigma Binary prank.  Remove that mod, and that fixes the names.  On Valentines' Day, that mod changed all of the planets to Mun.  I see today is 3/14, or Pi Day.  The numbers are the digits of pi: 31415, 92653, 58979, and so on. 

the change in name should only be cosmetic and not cause any issues with reputation

I'll check just to make sure, but I had already tested that :wink:

voicey99    340
6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

the change in name should only be cosmetic and not cause any issues with reputation

I'll check just to make sure, but I had already tested that :wink:

Well, it's not funny. It broke everything, and cost me several hours of progress from having to revert to a backup. The change was most certainly not cosmetic, as every single mod that relied on planet names broke and brought the rest of the save down with it.