[1.2.2] The Dwarf Star (Kopernicus)

electricpants

Possible future second star  

37 members have voted

1. 1. If the Phoenix system gets too crowded, I will add another star. What should this other star's type be?

• M-type (Red Dwarf)
    • L-type (Red Dwarf/High-mass Brown Dwarf)
    • T-type (High-mass Brown Dwarf)
    • Y-type (Low-mass Brown Dwarf/Sub-Brown Dwarf)

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Also, what's the issue with this:

• Neebrille has a weird bug with the ScaledSpace atmosphere that will (hopefully) be fixed in the next update

I can talk you through fixing it if you explain it a bit :wink:

The atmosphere is red but is supposed to be blue, and has no gradient to it from space (So it goes straight from red to the black void of space without a smooth transition).

I have no idea what causes it, though. :huh:

(Also, 3 pages!)

Edited by electricpants

9 minutes ago, electricpants said:

The atmosphere is red but is supposed to be blue, and has no gradient to it from space (So it goes straight from red to the black void of space without a smooth transition).

I have no idea what causes it, though. :huh:

(Also, 3 pages!)

The atmosphere colour in your config (not ambient light, the other one) uses reversed colours. I know it's weird. So 0 , 1 , 0 is not green, it's purple. For blue try 0.75, 0.5, 0.05, 1.0 (RGBA). Remember that using Kittopia in game using the atmosphere editor can do this a lot better so that you can get the desired colour, then copy the numbers into your config.

Just now, Gameslinx said:

The atmosphere colour in your config (not ambient light, the other one) uses reversed colours. I know it's weird. So 0 , 1 , 0 is not green, it's purple. For blue try 0.75, 0.5, 0.05, 1.0 (RGBA). Remember that using Kittopia in game using the atmosphere editor can do this a lot better so that you can get the desired colour, then copy the numbers into your config.

Ahh, that is weird.

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm needing some planet ideas myself heheh

tbh, I think you've reached the limit for planets in the Kerbol System. :P

Also, how do I use MapDecal PQSMods to add eastereggs? (I've never done that before (I've never even added eastereggs to my planets before :P))

Edited by electricpants

14 minutes ago, electricpants said:

tbh, I think you've reached the limit for planets in the Kerbol System. :P

Also, how do I use MapDecal PQSMods to add eastereggs? (I've never done that before (I've never even added eastereggs to my planets before :P))

I'm on my phone at the moment, so I can't remember the code off the top of my head. If you have version 1.2 of my mod, open up Sojos's config and copy the MapDecal code. It will take tweaking but I can help you if you get any issues.

• 1 month later...

@electricpants Herodotus is the particularly toxic planet suggested by MysterySloth.

Particular specs, if you can implement them, are that most of the terrain needs to be above sea level and nearly reach the short, (possibly thick) atmosphere's edge, so the only place where you can feel any real atmosphere pressure is in the canyon lakes/seas.

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

most of the terrain needs to be above sea level and nearly reach the short, (possibly thick) atmosphere's edge, so the only place where you can feel any real atmosphere pressure is in the canyon lakes/seas.

Like Asclepius? (I'll get back to work on this planet now, btw :wink:)

16 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Like Asclepius?

Actually, yes... I hadn't thought about that. But, I repeat, these lakes/seas shouldn't be all connected. They should be like a few wide, deep craters with lakes and not an actual canyon playground. I don't intend for you to clearly copy that planet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.