Update 1.2.9 Pre-release: Localization Pack is here!

UomoCapra

The dv readout should have been part of the (early game) techtree. Life support should be quite easy and should be there (optionally).

Also there should be no need for the better burn time addon! (I would consider this a bug)

A few clouds should be part of the game as well, and better plumes...

Oh, I forgot: ROBOTIC PARTS! Why are they not a priority thing? They expand the possibilities by so much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 6:38 PM, UomoCapra said:

Asteroid Redirect Mod: The official mod will finally be merged to the base game to add that extra facet to contract gameplay without needing an extra download - including the SENTINEL Infrared Telescope.

Please correct this to read "Asteroid Day Mod" by the time 1.3 officially arrives. It may seem like a small detail but it should be frankly embarrassing to Squad that they don't seem to know the difference between two completely different parts of their own game's development history. 

The Asteroid Redirect Mission (aka ARM update) was v0.23.5 released in April 2014. It included several parts inspired by the then-planned mission to use SLS to capture an asteroid into lunar orbit. Notably this includes SLS-style launchers (all of the 3.75m parts, plus the Twin-Boar LFB from Block 2 SLS proposals) and the Klaw.

The Asteroid Day mod was from June 2015, inspired by the B612 Foundation's plan to put a telescope into solar orbit to identify asteroids that may threaten Earth. Three of the four parts were incorporated into stock in v1.1 in April 2016.

Edited by PocketBrotector

4 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

SoonTM

I'm just saying. Since 1.2.9 was released, I've gone from not worried about finals, to worried about finals. to struggling through finals, to dying after finals, to reincarnating myself, all while waiting for full release. 

Edited by Grenartia

17 minutes ago, Grenartia said:

I'm just saying. Since 1.2.9 was released, I've gone from not worried about finals, to worried about finals. to struggling through finals, to dying after finals, to reincarnating myself, all while waiting for full release. 

All we can do is guess; you might be able to get a sense of how close the release is by looking at the number and severity of open issues in the bug tracker, but that has not been a reliable indicator in previous releases.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/prerelease/issues

• 2 weeks later...

By God, I hope 1.3 comes out in a year, I have been trying to play KSP for a long time, real world responsibilities took a lot, now I'm free, I got over my mod addiction, managed to install just 27 mods on ckan to play RSS (yes rss and the visuals included in the 27) and here this announcement comes. Any time an update may be soon I refuse to play career, then it comes out maybe in 3 months, then I gotta wait for mods to update, and my head explodes. I haven't been able to play a full career mode ever, I'm losing it now

39 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

By God, I hope 1.3 comes out in a year, I have been trying to play KSP for a long time, real world responsibilities took a lot, now I'm free, I got over my mod addiction, managed to install just 27 mods on ckan to play RSS (yes rss and the visuals included in the 27) and here this announcement comes. Any time an update may be soon I refuse to play career, then it comes out maybe in 3 months, then I gotta wait for mods to update, and my head explodes. I haven't been able to play a full career mode ever, I'm losing it now

You know you can play any version you want, right? Nobody's forcing you to update. You could play the current verison after 1.3 comes out and only switch over after your mods have been updated. Just keep copies of the old installs on your computer of HDs or whatever. I still play 0.9 sometimes for the old VTOL SSTOs.

On 5/1/2017 at 4:41 PM, Omaha said:

Perhaps I came out of the gate swinging a bit hard on that one.

Maneuver nodes are not available at game start in Career Mode; you need to do some work and upgrade first to earn them, which makes sense because the Kerbals need to learn how to do it.  If we want to take orbital plots away in the very beginning of the game and turn it into a lower level upgrade, I wouldn't have a problem with that because again, it makes sense to the game flow.

I usually do calculate my own burns because the in-game calculator is inaccurate in many cases, such as when you have a powerful rocket but a tiny maneuver, or you plot the maneuver before staging, and you'll need to do it yourself anyway if you want an accurate burn that crosses a stage, or if you plot your maneuver and then exit the game or just go back to KSC and return later.

I can see a delta-v calculator being an upgrade-enabled feature, but I really hope it would be toggleable because it removes an entire segment of the gameplay. 

I apologize for responding to this so late but... this is just so fundamentally WRONG. The ability to calculate the delta-v available to a rocket is NOT an upgrade. It's part of 'The Rocket Equation'. No. Scratch that. It IS 'The Rocket Equation' and it is SO old that (thanks to Russian scientist Konstantin Tsiolkovsky) we knew how to calculate the delta-v of a rocket LONG before anyone could even BUILD rockets, certainly as a mode of transportation. The equation is over 100 years old and was the result of work started in the late 1800s.

For a game about rockets to so thoroughly ignore the most historically important aspect of them continues to boggle the mind.

Calculation of delta-v of the simple case (single stage, one kind of engine) is trivial. However, as the rocket becomes more and more complex (more stages, engines with different exhaust velocities, jagged burnout times, cosine losses, et cetera), calculation also becomes more complex. As KSP is a game about arbitrary collections of parts, this complexity is also arbitrary. It's even complex to ascertain the complexity.

However, the recent addition of explicit fuel flow should make the problem at least a little easier.

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

I apologize for responding to this so late but... this is just so fundamentally WRONG. The ability to calculate the delta-v available to a rocket is NOT an upgrade.

Easy there. KSP does not attempt to have a chronologically accurate progression - that's why a Tier 0 rocket consists of Jeb in a Mercury capsule on a stubby SRB, instead of Sputnik or the X-1 or whatever. You don't need to know the delta-v of that vehicle because you're not getting anywhere near space anyway.

Early career is about gradually introducing a greater number of increasingly complex options to players who are brand new to the game. It makes as much sense as anything to make delta-v calculations available shortly before maneuver nodes, since nodes are the only other place in the stock game where dV is directly visible to the player.

30 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Calculation of delta-v of the simple case (single stage, one kind of engine) is trivial. However, as the rocket becomes more and more complex (more stages, engines with different exhaust velocities, jagged burnout times, cosine losses, et cetera), calculation also becomes more complex. As KSP is a game about arbitrary collections of parts, this complexity is also arbitrary. It's even complex to ascertain the complexity.

However, the recent addition of explicit fuel flow should make the problem at least a little easier.

It doesn't matter how hard it is or how simple it is because those are just technical problems to be overcome (have been overcome)

There are no technical reasons keeping there from being a delta-v readout in the editor.

17 hours ago, Dafni said:

You know you can play any version you want, right? Nobody's forcing you to update. You could play the current verison after 1.3 comes out and only switch over after your mods have been updated. Just keep copies of the old installs on your computer of HDs or whatever. I still play 0.9 sometimes for the old VTOL SSTOs.

I can't help myself

2 minutes ago, rnramos said:

I am Spanish but I want the game in English. How can I change the language?

It depends on where you got the game. Steam should allow you to select languages in the game's properties, under the "language" tab. The KSP store asks you for your language before downloading, and has patchers available to change the language of existing 1.3 installs.

1 minute ago, technicalfool said:

It depends on where you got the game. Steam should allow you to select languages in the game's properties, under the "language" tab. The KSP store asks you for your language before downloading, and has patchers available to change the language of existing 1.3 installs.

Ok thank you!