Aliens, Exist or Dont

StupidAndy

Do aliens exsist?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do aliens exsist?

• Yes
    • No
    • Need Evidence before i say Yes

There are more places in the Universe with life than we could count, but we'll never meet them. Depending on how long we last, we also may never prove it.

Edited by WestAir

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in my opinion, no.

See, I'm Catholic, so I don't want to go into religious arguments, but in my opinion, whoever, (or whatever) made us planned just for the Earth. Not other planets.

Besides that, our radio telescopes haven't picked up any aliens talking, spacecraft moving, or any life signs at all. 

Oh boy. I hope this doesn't start a flamewar. 

3 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Oh boy. I hope this doesn't start a flamewar. 

Why should it ? As long as i don't feel being converted :-) Concerning the concept of a creator i hold myself back because it's not my field of expertise (i am not into believing) and it is a cultural / personal thing :-)

But i am curious, don't you fear the danger that your view of the world crumbles if you live up to see evidence of life elsewhere ? I mean microbes might be "no big deal" ...

Peace, love & understanding :-)

Edited by Green Baron

59 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Why should it ? As long as i don't feel being converted :-) Concerning the concept of a creator i hold myself back because it's not my field of expertise (i am not into believing) and it is a cultural / personal thing :-)

But i am curious, don't you fear the danger that your view of the world crumbles if you live up to see evidence of life elsewhere ? I mean microbes might be "no big deal" ...

Yes, well, I mean intelligent life. I don't believe that exists. But micro-organisims, sure! 

1 hour ago, Green Baron said:

Trying very hard to skirt the edges of a flamewar...

...I find it very amusing that the Creationists (Ken Ham particularly) have taken a hard line that we will find no microbial life anywhere else in the solar system.

Even in their silly-as-a-flat-earth models, there's no reason whatsoever why their deity could not have created microbial life elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Yes, well, I mean intelligent life. I don't believe that exists. But micro-organisims, sure! 

Yeah, well, let's forget about probabilities, they aren't applicable and not in favour of my argumentation anyway.

If conditions are right (don't ask me because i will start to write a book then :-)) like for example on earth then an ongoing evolution will start quite automatically (it has startet with the microbes) and might lead to species filling niches, adapting to (slowly) changing environments and so on. And eventually, after 700 million years, someone with a brain and the abilities for more than nutrition and recreation might evolve.

And if that happens somewhere near on a subgalactic scale and in the same timeframe of let's say several thousand years between stepping forward and perishing like all the other species, then will it not turn out then that a creator is a man-made concept with a strong cultural aspect ?

?? :-)

4 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

...I find it very amusing that the Creationists (Ken Ham particularly) have taken a hard line that we will find no microbial life anywhere else in the solar system.

Just looked him up because never heard of him before. Having a geoscience background i feel unable to comment in a reasonable way :-)

19 minutes ago, Green Baron said:
21 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Trying very hard to skirt the edges of a flamewar...

Even in their silly-as-a-flat-earth models, there's no reason whatsoever why their deity could not have created microbial life elsewhere.

Just looked him up because never heard of him before. Having a geoscience background i feel unable to comment in a reasonable way :-)

There is no reasonable commentary on the radioactive dumpster fire that is Ken Ham.

Do aliens exist???

Well my answer is yes. We sort of count as aliens. However i do believe we are searching for life in the wrong way. We are searching for things similar to us or things we know can live. I mean there could be a life form which it's body is made of uranium and lives in lava. We should be thinking out of the box, well more like prison. We base life of mrs nerg or whatever. I mean robots are based of humans wires are nerves computer parts are brains. Hydrolics are muscels. We need to ask do we really know the definition of a living being? We only have one planet to base of. We are always searching for planets like ours which is a good approach but we don't actually know what life is. We need to think harder. We use radio to communicate what if they use something else and is trying to communicate with us??? They could be living volcanoes that use gas to communicate long range. There has to be micro life at least something like bacteria which has to exist. If there wasn't i would question everything which i know but i know we are real in one way or another. 

Please do argue with my paragraph all you want i would like to hear different veiws

And please excuse me for mistakes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.