Questions

#1: Would be there a pre-order with some sort of extra features?

#2: Now, once we will get a pod with working RCS, will the rest of the pods be reworked to have the same functionality? It really bother me to see rcs ports on the textures, but no thrusters.

I'm not on my computer right now, dont know how much hours I've played KSP. Whatever the cost, I'dd gladly pay SQUAD for this expantion just to thank them for the great work that allowed me to have tons of fun. Even if I dont really care for nothing in this expantion...

But if other paid DLC comes out, I'dd really hope for massive new content like multiplayer and/or new planets/additional solar system(s). I have a job, and I'm ok to pay the price for a real DLC, but the problem with KSP (and other moddable games) is that devs should not in my opinion charge players for a mod that is now included and officially supported.

I am a bit dissapointed that this long awaited information is for a paid DLC that does not seem TO ME like a massive new thing. I think SQUAD should only update bugs and maybe add some 'little' things (Kerbal Engineer equivalent and transfer window planner and kerbal Alarm Clock should to me all be in the free update and included in the game rather than mods). The game is mature enough to me and paid DLC should really be BIG and the main focus of the team

3 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

@Snark I think you should change your forum title to "Writer of Long Posts" :wink: 

I would, except there's not enough space in the "title" field to adequately express all the relevant details.

Honestly, I'm not very interested in this expansion, but I'am happy to buy it to fund future development of KSP. This game is one of the few titles with over 1000 hours played.

I'll buy it for thanks the KSP's devs.

Sorry for my poor english.

I'm curious, will I still get the download through Steam (I bought the game when you could only get it through the site and then on Steam) or will I have to use my copy from your website to play Making History?

Shut up and take my credits! :) I can't wait for this to come out, i have gotten my moneys worth times 10 out of this game, i would be willing to buy this dlc the day it comes out, in part because you guys have built up that reputation with the community. :cool:

Im definitely a little annoyed only because I missed the cut off by one year. Ive been playing since January 2014. I have been playing since .22 but I have gotten alot of enjoyment out of this game and I really will be glad to pay for an expansion after I see how it is of course. I also want see whats stopping the community or the creative members of the community from basically making their own version of the expansion? Especially parts.  

22 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

I also want see whats stopping the community or the creative members of the community from basically making their own version of the expansion? Especially parts.  

I'll almost guarantee you the parts exist, if we're talking the equipment to "recreate" historical missions, in multiple mods (FASA, Tantares, and others). Kerbal individual parachutes also exist. The Mission Builder will be new to even mods though.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:16 PM, Rune said:

*Non-english speaker note: in what tense should that "to pay" be? I took by best guess, but it's nagging me, so if I can use this opportunity to learn, thx in advance!

Rune. And a good thing you don't have to buy the optional DLC, then.

Seeing some bad advice.  What you wrote is actually "and we will both..." (or maybe "and we both have to...") you left out the word "will" indicating in the future--no problem it just makes the future tense harder to determine (the point is the DLC is not even out yet it so paying for it has to be in the future...unless I missed that they are taking pre-orders on it:wink:) ).  Anyway the correct phrase is "and we both pay,"  since "pay" is the future tense.    Now if you were referring to something in the past, "we both paid for that last year,"  then paid is correct (payed, as has been pointed out, is a nautical term it's also archaic).

Also apologies if this has been pointed out and I missed it after reading all the posts here my eyes are a bit wonky.  As to the DLC--might be interesting though if it's like missions in some flight simulators I expect it to get boring fast and I'll go back to using my imagination, but who knows until it's out?

Also bought in Dec 2013, for a whopping $16, and my cost/hr is around $0.01, the DLC would have to pretty expensive to effect that much :wink: .

Edited by kBob

Been covered several times already in this thread,but they instituted a cut off date for people who purchased it before sometime in 2013 for free 'everything'.  Everyone else gets free updates to the main game and pays for DLC/Expansions.

Edited by Sonny_Jim

2 hours ago, Super Spacey said:

Didn't you say all expansions and updates would be free:

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/47730955705/expansions-dlc-and-the-future-of-ksp

The article you linked to says

So given that this was a point of confusion, and that we believe that no matter what, a promise is a promise, we are including Expansions in what you can expect to get for free if you have already bought the game. Also, for those considering purchasing the game, we will maintain this promise for all purchases made until the end of this month (April, 2013).

I am sure Squad will honor the deal on free content for early adopters. We put up with buggy updates, a 4G limit on mods, buggy 64 bit support (though that was not fixed until after the cutoff)  and have supported this game through complaints bug reports and hype. For early adopters after the cutoff, think of what you paid, then look at the price on steam.

As long as the Expansion pack doesn't cost too much, I would consider it worth it. I certainly consider my original investment worth it. How many games have you gotten 4 years of entertainment out of?

dev's gotta eat too....

18 hours ago, regex said:

I'll almost guarantee you the parts exist, if we're talking the equipment to "recreate" historical missions, in multiple mods (FASA, Tantares, and others). Kerbal individual parachutes also exist. The Mission Builder will be new to even mods though.

Of course! Obviously we can already do that on our own but I feel the mission builder will almost certainly be cloned and most likely enhanced.

2 hours ago, Missingno200 said:

What about us Steam users who bought during early access, will we get any DLC?

I'm assuming not, which is okay, I can always buy it, but I bought the first day KSP released on Steam.

Did you buy before April 2013? If not, no free DLC.

What I want to know is whether they will honor free DLC for people who bought before April 2013 but have since transferred to Steam. I still have my old receipt email just in case I have to push the matter...

i got this game on July 2013 dose it make me not eligible to get it for free? it was the third game i got on steam i started my account on steam in late June, i got steam just to get the game at the time. i hope you expand your free by at least July