I've just been reading through a few pages and have now skipped to the end as it seemed to be a lot of people repeating each other along with subtle digs at one another, so i apologize if this has already been asked :rolleyes:

I am one of the many awaiting the blitworks reworking of the console version, is there plans in place to make this dlc available to us at some point in the future?

I understand that it's a bit more complicated having to deal with the respective market places as well as the mission sharing so I'd understand if the answer was no, although it would be disappointing.

As to certain comments about how many of the features are available for free with mods, this isn't an issue with us, as is(i suspect) the paid dlc concept as we're all just happy to be here:kiss:

Edited by Broke dead dogg
Squirrel

57 minutes ago, BAPBAP said:

I hope they will consider some season pass or upgrade option, cuz i personally hate all this petty penny pinching with separate DLC's in Steam or GOG or anywhere else.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see, but I don't expect a season pass (or DLC bundle) will be announced until after the Making History DLC comes out.

A "season pass" type bundle could be nice moving forward, but I don't think Squad is there yet. And I'm guessing they don't think they're there yet, either. I don't mean any of this negatively, but one DLC add-on does not need a bundle and the development of more DLC may be very dependent upon the sales of this DLC.

7 hours ago, BAPBAP said:

I hope they will consider some season pass or upgrade option, cuz i personally hate all this petty penny pinching with separate DLC's in Steam or GOG or anywhere else.

I have ranted once and shall rant again

NO.

this is the worst idea ever! if everyone goes out and buys the season pass, then SQUAD doesn't get their money! if SQUAD doesn't get their money, then SQUAD doesn't have enough money to make moar Kerbal!

31 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

I have ranted once and shall rant again

NO.

this is the worst idea ever! if everyone goes out and buys the season pass, then SQUAD doesn't get their money! if SQUAD doesn't get their money, then SQUAD doesn't have enough money to make moar Kerbal!

Not really, the big question to decide what to prefer is the question 

"How fast we need Money at this Moment?"

If the answer is fast:

Then it is SeasonPass 

If that is we need a Cashflow in long term:

Than it is DLC.

No offense. But Business works this way.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

3 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

Well, in this case SQUAD always can do Kerbal Space Program 2 for everyone who wants to buy it.

I've read numerous posts saying Squad said we can get the DLC free if the game was bought April 2013, I bought the game in June, and back than the game was about 3 months old when i bought it (when it was put on steam). I only think it'll be fair if everyone in 2013 who bought the game (which in itself is amazing) gets the DLC free. We have supported squad by essentially buying shares with only a return of a epic game. I am proud to have owned the game mid 2013, watching it progress has been utterly  amazing. If squad can keep the promise i hear many people speak of, then squad will be the most community minded team of developers EVER

Edit: You know what? no, Don't make the DLC free after April, it shouldn't be free at all, Squad has put so much effort into each update... I am willing to pay them the fee, of what ever amount. The game is so amazing as it stands, it can be said that the community shouldn't have pressured squad into a free DLC promise

Edited by DiamondExcavater
changed mind

10 hours ago, DiamondExcavater said:

I've read numerous posts saying Squad said we can get the DLC free if the game was bought April 2013, I bought the game in June, and back than the game was about 3 months old when i bought it (when it was put on steam). I only think it'll be fair if everyone in 2013 who bought the game (which in itself is amazing) gets the DLC free. We have supported squad by essentially buying shares with only a return of a epic game. I am proud to have owned the game mid 2013, watching it progress has been utterly  amazing. If squad can keep the promise i hear many people speak of, then squad will be the most community minded team of developers EVER

Edit: You know what? no, Don't make the DLC free after April, it shouldn't be free at all, Squad has put so much effort into each update... I am willing to pay them the fee, of what ever amount. The game is so amazing as it stands, it can be said that the community shouldn't have pressured squad into a free DLC promise

How about the people who were promised they would never have to pay for DLC do not have to pay and the people who were never told they would get free DLC don`t get free DLC?

This Expansion better be free for us on the PS4 and Xbox One, this game has been a major let down for us console players since day one. I've already filed a negative review of this game and the company that made it with the Better Business Bureau, in hopes they would take this game seriously for the consoles and update it already.

3 hours ago, yingyangaje90 said:

This Expansion better be free for us on the PS4 and Xbox One, this game has been a major let down for us console players since day one. I've already filed a negative review of this game and the company that made it with the Better Business Bureau, in hopes they would take this game seriously for the consoles and update it already.

Except it isn't going to be free and they are not gonna give it away for free

Edited by rkarmark

9 minutes ago, DerpzGames said:

I don't know if anybody saw my previous comment and I can't seem to find it so I'll ask again.

Do us non-obtainers still get the personal chutes?

The OP announced personal parachutes as a "Key Feature" of the DLC. Why would they be available without the DLC?

5 hours ago, yingyangaje90 said:

As a console player Reading your comments i feel your pain as I've spent many an hour in raging frustration at the cancerous tuner that is the flying tiger port, however this thread is referring to a dlc expansion that i assume will (if it comes to console at all) be paid for, not to be confused with the upcoming blitworks update that will hopefully fix the game for us, that has already been stated as free

1 hour ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Except for those who bought the game before April 2013.

Hope that's clear.

As the comment quoted above clearly shows, yingyang was referring to the console version which wasn't available to us until last year, and insinuates that we possibly deserve some form of compensation. Personally I'd just be happy with a stable game that doesn't crash at random intervals. Once that's achieved I'll be happy to pay for an expansion as long as the content could justify the expense

On 3/17/2017 at 9:20 PM, Rokker said:

And us early adopters of the game get the DLC for free, as promised, correct? http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/47730955705/expansions-dlc-and-the-future-of-ksp

>DLC free if bought before end of april 2013

>bought june 7 2013

it's fine. everything's fine THIS IS FINE. I AM OK WITH THIS. IF I WEREN'T OK WITH THIS I WOULD HAVE NOBODY TO BLAME BUT MYSELFF BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE IM NOT MAD.life is a cruel joke and i can't stop laughing