hi I am a owner of the game for 3 years now. I now how much work you people put into this game. To help you keep the good work i really want to pay for the dlc. 

As of my understanding updates are making small changes, and an expansion is a different thing. 

so count me in for the dlc.

My two cents on this issue: while it's true that most of these features are already implemented by mods, there are a few things to consider.

#1: If we were to list the things that aren't already mods, it would be a very, very short list.

#2: By putting it into a DLC, Squad is guaranteeing professional support for that feature for the lifetime of KSP. No more waiting five months and counting for Ferram to release; anything that's in the stock game will be fully supported from day 1 of any given release.

#3: Console players, stock players, etc.

#4: Features will have input from more people, and probably will be better balanced for relatively casual players; most mods are implemented by enthusiasts, without necessarily much thought about casual players. A good example of this is (once again) FAR vs. stock aero: FAR was made by Ferram for Ferram, with the attitude of "I don't care if your plane doesn't fly well; it's not my problem that the basic cockpit weighs more than a Cessna", versus Squad, whose approach (while substantially less realistic), is reasonably good about letting people fly around on Kerbin.

#5: The DLC, while possibly not addressing various bugs and a long-overdue aesthetic revamp, helps pay not just for developing the DLC, but also working on bugs and said aesthetic revamp. I don't think Squad is giving up on improving the core game, although they have certainly devoted a lot of time to the DLC.

Personally, while I have no interest in personal parachutes, and only minimal interest in the new parts (I already have way too many mod parts), I'll probably get the expansion for the mission maker, to give that a whirl.

20 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

I'm definitely gonna buy this and any other DLC that squad puts out, no matter what the naysayers say.

I'm going to get mine for free :))))))))))))) but if they do (hopefully) put out a new DLC I wish I could purchase it as I really want to support the development of this game.

Please upvote KSP on steam!

14 hours ago, WhiskyHotel3 said:

I wish I could purchase it as I really want to support the development of this game

Buy another copy and give it to a friend/do a giveaway. You support Squad directly by purchasing another copy, and indirectly by bringing a new person (or multiple new people if others hear about it and decide to buy it on their own) to the game who might themselves purchase the DLC. That has the potential to have a much larger effect than just paying for the DLC for yourself.

On 4/12/2017 at 7:15 AM, FirstSecondThird said:

To those who bought late, tough luck, but, on the bright side, at least it hopefully won't be overpriced.

Does "late" means after year 2016? I bought the game this February. :/ 

On 17/03/2017 at 1:05 PM, DarthVader said:

Paid expansion except for those who bought the game before April 2013?

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/47730955705/expansions-dlc-and-the-future-of-ksp

Development needs money. We all should be happy that KSP is still alive and gets add ons. I bought my game well before 2013 and will of course be willing to pay for the extension. 

12 hours ago, M4GiC said:

Does "late" means after year 2016? I bought the game this February. :/ 

Late means everyone who bought after April of 2013

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Quick question (not sure if asked before in this giant thread).

If we bought KSP on the Squad store before April 2013 (I bought it in December 2012) and then merged the game to Steam after April, will we still get the expansion for free?

2 hours ago, Daddy Cecil said:

Quick question (not sure if asked before in this giant thread).

If we bought KSP on the Squad store before April 2013 (I bought it in December 2012) and then merged the game to Steam after April, will we still get the expansion for free?

Yes, I believe SQUAD has said that this is the case.

3 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

Will the Mission Building be part of the Making History or nah?

Luckily there's a thread explaining in detail what will be in Making History:

3 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

Do those of us who are L1 English speakers have anything to look forward to in the next update?

A few fixes, mostly. Some people are excited about terrain seams being fixed, others less so.

The $27 I paid would get me about 6 pints at my local pub.

I have to say that KSP has given me a lot more fun for a lot longer time than 6 pints ever had.

(Note that both indulgences can induce occasional headaches, but for different reasons).

So unless the expansion/DLC turns out to be a complete dud I will not hesitate to pay the same again, or even a bit more.

I'll probably have to buy it just for the new "official" parts, assuming a handful the present "go to" parts are going to be trumped. Since it doesn't actually fix or allow me to create career contracts in any way [afaik], i'm not too excited.. but i am definitely going to wait for a large sale and assume they'll be a handful of balance passes before its actually complete.

I bought the game on 18 Jun, 2014 which sucks now that I have to pay for a seemingly mediocre expansion pack but..

I would very much like new stock parts, especially soviet ones. I hate mods because they usually get abandoned or put on hiatus so there's at least a silver lining to all this and I'm not really all that surprised that they're going to be charging for new content since KSP has worn out it's shine and people are no longer buying it in droves like when it was in early access.

Most of my disappointment for this is that the new content isn't going to be spectacular and it's not exactly going to extend the life of the game as for example; something that adds in new planets.
I was half expecting that any new content for this game would be future-set ideas since we're so close to colonising Mars and the existence of new Space X rocket concepts are a no-brainer to implement.
An extended science tree with the parts to match would be truly expansive but I guess Squad would rather start with mediocrity instead of actually wowing their fans.

6 hours ago, The Moose In Your House said:

Does this come with the prerelease?

No, separate puchase on a yet to be announced date.  

Bonus Vostok 1 picture from Kerbal.edu, I hope ours looks better than this!

mission6.png

Edited by klesh

Mods, admins, 

Any ideas on future dlcs? Any chance of adding things like RSS and RO to the stock game? Or perhaps a new planet system with bigger planets? 

Something to add more of a challenge to get in orbit, landing on a moon, etc. As it stands, stock is just too easy. Just the other day I saw a video where in a single launch the guy visited the mun and back 3x with the same rocket. Things like ssto make me laugh. 

There are a lot of us that are more than ready for the next step, a bigger challenge. To conquer something we previously couldn't is what keeps us going. Adding new parts and historic missions is all fine and dandy to some of us who haven't mastered the kerbol system, or non-mod users, and that's fine. I don't think this dlcs should be changed, it's fine for what it is and for whom it's intended. But what about future plans? Any chance increasing the realism and difficulty could be considered for future expansions? Keeping in mind dlc content is optional. This one doesn't scratch the itch for a very large chunk of us, so perhaps the next one should be directed at us. 

And for pete's sake, give us clouds. 

On 4/18/2017 at 2:28 PM, Joeybafoey said:

Will the Mission Building be part of the Making History or nah? Do those of us who are L1 English speakers have anything to look forward to in the next update?

Do they speak a different dialect of English at Lagrange Point 1?