3 hours ago, Syczek said:

So actually it will only some parts.mission editor,some historic missions and that's all??I hope pricing at least will be fair not like in latest diablo III dlc

Well it's a fairly big 'all'. Writing a mission editor that's simple enough for everyone to use, even if they don't have any programming experience, whilst being flexible enough to create interesting missions, strikes me as a pretty big deal. The historic missions also look like they're going to come with a slew of new parts too, so there's lots of work going into those.

Personally, I'm a bit torn about both of them. I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised but neither the historical missions nor the Missions really appeal to me - they're just not how I play (or played) the game. With that said, if the new parts fit nicely with the current stock parts then I'll probably be buying the expansion for those alone. However, if the new parts really only look decent with themselves then I'll be much less interested. Likewise I'd hope to see the Career tech tree expanded and updated to accommodate the new parts - if they're just some shiny new toys to build Missions around, I'll be less interested.

The Mission Builder - hmmmm. On the one hand, I can appreciate the amount of work and developer time going into it and have no problems with paying for that work and time. On the other hand - it's a Mission Builder. The smaller, meaner part of me thinks its a bit cheeky charging people for the tools that they'll be using to make new content for you. Other folks may quite reasonably disagree with that small, mean part of me though - like I said, I'm kinda torn about it myself.

3 minutes ago, KSK said:

The Mission Builder - hmmmm. On the one hand, I can appreciate the amount of work and developer time going into it and have no problems with paying for that work and time. On the other hand - it's a Mission Builder. The smaller, meaner part of me thinks its a bit cheeky charging people for the tools that they'll be using to make new content for you. Other folks may quite reasonably disagree with that small, mean part of me though - like I said, I'm kinda torn about it myself.

My big question for Mission Builder is whether I can utilize it and design custom missions that I can use in my Emiko plotline... that would make it all worth it for me.

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Just Jim said:

My big question for Mission Builder is whether I can utilize it and design custom missions I can use in my Emiko plotline... that would make it all worth it for me.

Yeah - at the end of the day, if there's something in the expansion that really grabs me, I'll buy it for the grabby part and any qualms about the rest will be conveniently forgotten. :) I'm not seeing it right now but I'm certainly not ruling anything out either. It just means I'll be reading the reviews, maybe taking in a few Lets Play videos before deciding whether to buy the expansion, rather than pre-ordering or buying it unseen.

29 minutes ago, KSK said:

Yeah - at the end of the day, if there's something in the expansion that really grabs me, I'll buy it for the grabby part and any qualms about the rest will be conveniently forgotten. :) I'm not seeing it right now but I'm certainly not ruling anything out either. It just means I'll be reading the reviews, maybe taking in a few Lets Play videos before deciding whether to buy the expansion, rather than pre-ordering or buying it unseen.

I'm right there with you. I have no real interest in the 'mission' aspect of the DLC. My only interest is for the extra parts, and like you, only if those parts integrate well with the current stock set of parts. I'm waiting for this forum to do the usual 'blow up, burn, simmer down, accept, grumble, whine, and poodle' sequence of events after the DLC comes out before I'll put my money down for it. :)

Edit:

The forum filtered a slight curse word into "poodle" ?

sigh.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone

Seen worse. The official forums for Star Trek Online were set to censor "hell", right around the time they introduced a prize box themed to the Voyager two parter "Year of Hell"....

to which I had to ask the community staffers "How the hell can we talk about the 'Year of Hell' if we can't say "hell?"

anyway, as to the pricing of the DLC, what I consider fair isn't automatically going to the same as someone else, so let's avoid fighting about it when the time comes.

19 hours ago, KSK said:

Well it's a fairly big 'all'. Writing a mission editor that's simple enough for everyone to use, even if they don't have any programming experience, whilst being flexible enough to create interesting missions, strikes me as a pretty big deal. The historic missions also look like they're going to come with a slew of new parts too, so there's lots of work going into those.

Personally, I'm a bit torn about both of them. I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised but neither the historical missions nor the Missions really appeal to me - they're just not how I play (or played) the game. With that said, if the new parts fit nicely with the current stock parts then I'll probably be buying the expansion for those alone. However, if the new parts really only look decent with themselves then I'll be much less interested. Likewise I'd hope to see the Career tech tree expanded and updated to accommodate the new parts - if they're just some shiny new toys to build Missions around, I'll be less interested.

To me honestly i prefer dlc that makes a big change.I mean adding new technology parts,some new solar systems,i would like see this game as huge space exploration simulator but with that engine that loads everything into ram well its quite less possible.When i see dlc i become very skeptical. Most of dlcs if not all are big disappointment,overpriced,adding some forgettable things.

That whole mission builder not interest me,there is no fun to build mission then play with it.Instead trying to simulate our history in ksp i would like see a Kerbals race to the space(something like campaign/career hybrid)I modded my game so she do so like i mentioned but mod are prompt to die quickly.

Anyways i wish Squad the best,to be honest my interest of this game was cause i saw her on yt then i tried this game and it makes me to buy this game at the instant.She have huge potential if unity finally get load on demand, imagine huge galaxy to explore.It could be in that way that Maxis game Spore aspire to be

Of course if Take Two will not interfere with development.After fun with Gta V i become highly disgusted with that company

Edited by Syczek

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, Jackaroo0505 said:

How is the DLC coming along? Is there like Apollo- styled command pods (command pod and Lunar lander capsule) in this? Love to know when it's out!

yes, and the RCS things on the pod will work as well. and here is the place if you want to follow it moar:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/66-the-daily-kerbal/

On 8/22/2017 at 8:42 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

There's been no word on a LEM descent stage (which would be easy enough make from current and future stock parts), but here's some WIP preview pics of the LEM and Apollo capsule...:

xUbG6Md-LGXBg7HMNefHCQOF3NRsnfvYGKfuQQHJ

kH4kpKL.png

FKQz7xx.png(yes, working RCS)

@StrandedonEarth Ho. Ly. Crap! They look sexy! Cant wait for it to come out!

Edited by Jackaroo0505

38 minutes ago, SickSix said:

Well I have it on steam but was playing it before it was on steam I think.

well I only know how to get the date from the KSP store, I think its somewhere in properties when you right click  a game

If you bought if from Squad go to their store, log in and you'll see transaction with a date. If you don't have account there, it is quite clear you are out of luck :)

Edited by Corw

On 8/16/2017 at 10:02 PM, Just Jim said:

My big question for Mission Builder is whether I can utilize it and design custom missions that I can use in my Emiko plotline... that would make it all worth it for me.

It's a mission builder. Why not. I mean to say your Emiko plotline is a series of missions is it not?

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

It's a mission builder. Why not. I mean to say your Emiko plotline is a series of missions is it not?

More or less, yes. But the further I got into the story, the more I find myself cherry-picking missions to fit the plotline, and not the other way around.

So having the ability to, say, set up a mission to construct a base or station, where I want it, to my specifications, so it will fit in seamlessly with my plotline... that's a huge, huge plus!!!  :D

Edited by Just Jim

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, Jackaroo0505 said:

@StupidAndy Okay, if a dev can come in and confirm that this will be implemented into the dlc that would be great. Also, what about the Decent stage for the LEM?

here's a gif from today's KSP weekly:

https://gfycat.com/ClutteredRecklessAiredaleterrier

Edited by StupidAndy
for some reason it shows 3 of the things...weird

As there is this new suit that will be added, I'm curious if it will be from Apollo and if it is from Apollo will it be the A7L or A7LB? I personally would like to see the A7LB.

Edited by Zere
I forgot the last sentence