On 11/4/2017 at 9:34 AM, Neil Kerman said:

Does anyone know if the expansion will only be released for the latest version of KSP, or if they will have a version for 1.3.0?

I am expecting that 1.4.0 will have changes to the base game to make it compatible with Making History(or possibly 1.4.1), as such, I would expect Making History to have limited functionality at best for earlier versions(possibly no more than a parts pack)

On 11/6/2017 at 8:45 AM, 0111narwhalz said:

I thought they put the hooks in 1.3. Did I misread something?

As Making history is not yet complete, I consider it safest to assume that something new will come up that will need support in the core game.

While it is possible that Making History could over-write some core files, I would consider including those changes in a newer version of KSP to be a safer approach.(as in fewer confusing bugs for the players to run into)

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, 534n888 said:

I don't think it is worth it. I use 1.2.2 anyway there are terrain seam issues with 1.3 plus I have a MASSIVE visual overhaul that only works in 1.2.2. So it looks good but no thank you.

That settles it.

HEY SQUAD! YOU CAN STOP DEVELOPMENT OF THIS!

3 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

That settles it.

HEY SQUAD! YOU CAN STOP DEVELOPMENT OF THIS!

lol very funny(sarcasm) It's just not for me, I am sure that other people like the idea, its not bad I just don't care for it. Just mod it in, 

MOD IT TILL IT CRASHES my game data folder is 4.7Gb so yeah. I have plenty of stuff. I also have 4 backups so if they disable mods, I don't give a crap, plus that would be a new version(i won't use it anyway) plus KSP is pretty much dependent on mods for hardcore player(like me) so yeah............ :) 

Edited by 534n888

8 hours ago, 534n888 said:

lol very funny(sarcasm) It's just not for me, I am sure that other people like the idea, its not bad I just don't care for it. Just mod it in, 

But you didn’t say that initially. There’s an important and not-so-subtle difference between “It’s not worth it for me” and “it’s not worth it” — the latter will evoke a reaction from people who beg to differ.

9 hours ago, Kerbart said:

But you didn’t say that initially. There’s an important and not-so-subtle difference between “It’s not worth it for me” and “it’s not worth it” — the latter will evoke a reaction from people who beg to differ.

ok you got me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 1:52 AM, Sonny_Jim said:

This still hasn't been released?  Wow.  So how much longer is it going to take?  Weeks, months or years?  

p.s 'When it's done' isn't a length of time.

patience is a virtue. Quality over Quanitity

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, wjb55 said:

How will you get the dlc free if you you moved your ksp to steam? Example I've own ksp since 2012 I think and when it was released on steam I got the free code and use that.

If you log on the KSP website and go to your account it tells you when you bought it. I guess thats how we prove it?

On 10/01/2018 at 4:35 PM, Dfthu said:

If you log on the KSP website and go to your account it tells you when you bought it. I guess thats how we prove it?

oh no I know that it was before the cut off by months but I was just wondering how those people who transferred to steam will get the expansion

34 minutes ago, wjb55 said:

oh no I know that it was before the cut off by months but I was just wondering how those people who transferred to steam will get the expansion

I wish I knew too

I can't seem to find it, could someone remind me of how mission builders will share the missions they create?  Will we post a mission file to something like Dropbox?  Or will Squad/TT have a dedicated website similar to Kerbal X?

14 minutes ago, Pi_ said:

I can't seem to find it, could someone remind me of how mission builders will share the missions they create?  Will we post a mission file to something like Dropbox?  Or will Squad/TT have a dedicated website similar to Kerbal X?

I don't think @SQUAD has answered that one yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/12/2017 at 2:39 AM, justspace103 said:

patience is a virtue. Quality over Quanitity

Quantity vs quality has nothing to do with the time it takes. Doing a lot of either takes a lot of time. This is actually a sort-of trichotomy between quality, quantity and speed, where achieving two of the three goals is entirely possible.

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, Rocket Witch said:

Quantity vs quality has nothing to do with the time it takes. Doing a lot of either takes a lot of time. This is actually a sort-of trichotomy between quality, quantity and speed, where achieving two of the three goals is entirely possible.

Considering we are approaching a year since the first announcement, I'd really like to have an idea, maybe a rough %, of how far along they feel they are.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Considering we are approaching a year since the first announcement, I'd really like to have an idea, maybe a rough %, of how far along they feel they are.

Know what you mean.   The tidbits that have been shared have rather piqued my interest. 

21 hours ago, Rocket Witch said:

Trichotomy... i love it.   :D

On my cubicle is the classic "Triangle of Constraints":  reliable, fast, and cheap:  you may select two.   If you want it reliable and fast, it won't be cheap; if you want it reliable and cheap, it won't be fast; and if you want it cheap and fast, it won't be reliable.

2 hours ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

Trichotomy... i love it.   :D

On my cubicle is the classic "Triangle of Constraints":  reliable, fast, and cheap:  you may select two.   If you want it reliable and fast, it won't be cheap; if you want it reliable and cheap, it won't be fast; and if you want it cheap and fast, it won't be reliable.

Fast, cheap, and reliable? Sounds like my car. :)

I meen if SQUAD is having problems with brain lightbulbs, they can always put a bid on a mod from its author, and officially support it. I know it wouldn't be the first time. And there are many mods I think deserve it too.

So,

a parts pack

Mission create/edit function(isnt that a mod already?)

Unity2017

Did I miss some other major content or something? doesn't seem like a whole lot except the unity conversion..sorry..just speaking my mind. I like SandBox the most so missions arnt huge for me. and theres hundreds of parts packs out there, including a soviet rocket one. so, I suppose I just dont see much for me in this update/next release, Id be more interested in all the mods that can come with the new unity.

I hear 1.4 may come with multiplayer, but ill keep that as a rumor still.

I love this game so much...I want it to become so dang big! Im just a big dreamer lol.

2 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

I hear 1.4 may come with multiplayer, but ill keep that as a rumor still.

It seems to me miltiplayer will be really hard becomes the the ability to accelerate time. Everyone would have to be playing the game at the same time rate. KSP is a bit unique in that regard. No one wants to play a real time mission to Duna. How would this even work? Maybe something like cooperation on a space station in a low Kerbal orbit played in real time might work. 

How do other multiplayer games solve the time issues like this?