On 22.11.2017 at 7:40 PM, IAmNotCreative_21 said:

I don't think it is worth it. I use 1.2.2 anyway there are terrain seam issues with 1.3 plus I have a MASSIVE visual overhaul that only works in 1.2.2. So it looks good but no thank you.

lol really? :)

i also have a visual overhaul... with 1.3 :). and the terrain issues with the overhauls seems to be fixed. works fine for me. love it :)

its hard to wait for making history. but i understand it. until then i will play ksp and with my new lego nasa apollo saturn v rocket :D.... 1969 pieces of pure rocket science history!

19 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

I hear 1.4 may come with multiplayer, but ill keep that as a rumor still.

Please quote your source for this. I haven't heard anything from any official channel about multiplayer.

1 minute ago, Jesusthebird said:

neither have I, it was just a rumor I saw in a thread. has no concrete evidence far as Im aware

If we're thinking of the same thread, that was less of a rumor than a request by the author of said thread. SQUAD's own announcements have made clear that 1.4 is going to be about expansion support plus a few more languages.

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

If we're thinking of the same thread, that was less of a rumor than a request by the author of said thread. SQUAD's own announcements have made clear that 1.4 is going to be about expansion support plus a few more languages.

yea:confused:lol.  I think we are thinking about the same thread. I remember seeing you on it

On 11/3/2017 at 10:57 AM, MaxwellsDemon said:

Nope.  I'm attacking the opinion that seems to be prevalent around here that somehow we shouldn't have to pay for others' work.

I wish I had the $$$ to throw at a couple of my favorite mod-makers... they deserve it.

I guess I'm giving them a free book in exchange. 

Edited by Just Jim

On 2/5/2018 at 8:31 PM, Ty Tan Tu said:

It seems to me miltiplayer will be really hard becomes the the ability to accelerate time. Everyone would have to be playing the game at the same time rate. KSP is a bit unique in that regard. No one wants to play a real time mission to Duna. How would this even work? Maybe something like cooperation on a space station in a low Kerbal orbit played in real time might work. 

How do other multiplayer games solve the time issues like this?

they just dont have timewarp

19 minutes ago, Kerbal pancake said:

There's quite a few ways to implement timewarp in multiplayer KSP.  They all either involve either paradox or someone waiting, and each has its supporters.  Each one has people vehemently opposed to it, as well.  Any way it's done in KSP is going to lead to a decent number of unhappy people.

I believe the current favorite mode is timeline fragmentation. Players may warp freely, but in doing so they're split off into their own timeline. To avoid weirdness, vessels changed in the future are "locked in" and must play through their recording. If two players wish to play in the same time, the past one syncs with the future one and everything is standard.

Edited by 0111narwhalz

5 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I believe the current favorite mode is timeline fragmentation. ... To avoid weirdness, vessels changed in the future are "locked in"...

There's the paradox part. :mad:

(Of course, I fall into the "vehemently opposed" camp on this version. :wink:)

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I believe the current favorite mode is timeline fragmentation. Players may warp freely, but in doing so they're split off into their own timeline. To avoid weirdness, vessels changed in the future are "locked in" and must play through their recording. If two players wish to play in the same time, the past one syncs with the future one and everything is standard.

3 hours ago, razark said:

There's quite a few ways to implement timewarp in multiplayer KSP.  They all either involve either paradox or someone waiting, and each has its supporters.  Each one has people vehemently opposed to it, as well.  Any way it's done in KSP is going to lead to a decent number of unhappy people.

3 hours ago, Kerbal pancake said:

These guys have fixed the issue with time syncing with subspace allocation. Anytime someone warps they are sent to a separate subspace with that offset. People can "Sync" to your time if they wish to see your vessel, or the server owner can allow people to see past vessels. Multiplayer is not impossible.

Ms7UCNm.png

Edited by TheSystem

9 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Apparently it's releasing on March 13th. Apparently, as it could be just a rumour, but it is in a Business Wire article.

I wouldn't trust non-official sources.  Check Squad's own information first:

I will buy an expansion... IF its coming with new parts. 

Things I would pay money for:

1. Full Atmosphere effects with clouds, rain, wind, dust storms, etc, the mod clouds are good, pay them and improve on it. 

2. Life Support, cryogenic module, food production, more advance resources, again their are mods for this but none of the I feel are finished.

• 3 weeks later...