17 minutes ago, Theysen said:

TBF I didn't read any information if it is priced at all or am I blind?

EDIT: CONFIRMED BLIND, it costs money :D Now I go in a corner and laugh :D

It's paid but that can be anywhere from 99 cent to 30 euro.

EU4 expansions go from 2 to 20 and and with the price of the base game I reckon it's closer to the 2

8 minutes ago, Noobton said:

Any chance we can get a model similar to Paradox's where if you want to skip a mod you can still get bug fixes and some improvements?

They are a mean lean DLC making machine, but I still love their model, and it will help keep the modding community somewhat united.

I also love the paradox model as it doesn't force you to buy but still has enough locked off content to make you want it most of the time. You can pick and choose extra content based on your preferences. This could also mean that the KSP devs could widen the game's scope.

Edited by Spartwo

Looking forward to the new content!  I am definitely willing to pay for DLC since I have been getting it free for years.  After all, the devs have to eat, right?

I myself am hoping they take some lessons from the Paradox model, especially with regards to cities skylines.

CS After Dark added the day night cycle into the base game for free, but offered a way to pay to enrich it with night life and taxis and such

On 3/17/2017 at 12:30 PM, Woodstar said:

Why april, why not just 2013, Kinda makes me mad, made my purchase Dec. 2013.

They announced there would eventually be DLC and people threw up a fuss, so for a short time up until the end of April anyone who bought the game before then would not have to pay for it.

Edited by Spartwo

I like how the DLC is not so much new functionality but a set of pre-made challenges.

While I have no doubt someone *could* recreate those missions in a free mission-pack, there is not much incentive to do so, as they could just as easily make other missions instead(and have more users)

Is mission builder in 1.2.9, or is it expected to wait for 1.3?

Has 1.2.9 been released yet?

2 minutes ago, Sonny_Jim said:

So, it's contract configurator with a UI?

With this:

And the soviet parts pack?

I would say that given the lengths they went to not to use the word contract, and some of the other things they mentioned, that this seems more likely to be something that adds in more of a 'scenario editor" like what rollercoaster tycoon has, and a way to share scenarios you make, and as such would build itself into the existing Scenario option in the main menu.

[SPECULATION]

2 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

I guess just a personal parachute for kerbals worth few backs! I am really happy that squad finally decided to go for dlc model. It should encourage devs to think about new features and develop them on the high level

That's been a mod for, like, 3-4 years, dude.

1 minute ago, Majorjim! said:

Yup, I'm very glad I bought before that date and will get my promised, free DLCs forever.

Assuming they hold to it, which they still havent responded on and conveniently left completely out of the announcement.

This is great news and hopefully shows KSP will be continued to be developed for years to come. Not so much here but on Facebook and twitter I have noticed a few people moaning about paid DLC. What people need to realise is it's not the crap DLC you tend to see from games now-a-days with £5 colour scheme packs, but a proper expansion. KSP is a business at the end of the day and if people want continued development they will have to support it in other ways. This has always been the case for lots of games with a long lifetime of continued development. 

11 minutes ago, Rokker said:

Assuming they hold to it, which they still havent responded on and conveniently left completely out of the announcement.

Since there is a large intersection between the gamer community and the human scum pool, there'll be enough people who say "well, I bought the game having been promised this in a legally binding manner, so I'mma kick up a excrementsstorm and demand a refund". This could easily spur the easily lead people into doing the same, which could easily bankrupt the company. I'mma guess they'll just give it for free to those of us who've had the game that long to save the hassle of dealing with the amazing person gamers.

Edited by CuAnnan
pedantic correction required

Just now, Rokker said:

I am sharpening my pitchfork as a write this.

Joking aside, the promise was made, and factored heavily into my decision making to buy at the time.  @SQUAD care to comment?

Edited by Majorjim!

2 minutes ago, CuAnnan said:

Since there is a large intersection between the gamer community and the human scum pool, there'll be enough people who say "well, I bought the game having been promised this in a legally binding manner, so I'mma kick up a excrementsstorm and demand a refund". This could easily spur the easily lead people into doing the same, which could easily bankrupt the company. I'mma guess they'll just give it to those of us who've had the game that long for free to save the hassle of dealing with the amazing person gamers.

I dunno about you but I never had the game "for free". I paid for it with money.

I'm interested to see if they'll version bump the game for free, which would include any bugfixes, and just make the new content unlockable through the paid DLC. Hate to sound cheap but I don't feel like I should pay for fixes to problems in a game I already bought. I've donated well over $100 to modders the past 2 years for my content

Edited by Drew Kerman

1 minute ago, Rokker said:

I dunno about you but I never had the game "for free". I paid for it with money.

They'll give it for free for those fo us who've had the game for that long.

English is my second language. But thanks for pointing out the ambiguity. It doesn't at all make you one of those gamers. Nope nope nope.

I, for one, am thrilled!  This is what I call a big announcement!  And I have no problem shelling out a few bucks for it, considering how much I've gotten out of it already. KSP gives me something to do, and write about, day after day, instead of sitting home on disability, bored out of my skull.... And they've given us so much free stuff already... Take my $$$.  I will gladly pay for the next expansion.  :D

In fact.... I'd throw Squad 5 bucks right now just for that little parachute.... :cool:

Edited by Just Jim