4 hours ago, Veeltch said:

OK, I think I need a clarification. Is the mission builder a proper scenario editor or just contract creator? Because if it's the first one then I will hang my head in shame and apologize.

On 3/17/2017 at 4:25 PM, JPLRepo said:

All that and more.. and it's not contract based. It's a Mission.

Looks like it's going to be more than contracts. I'm guessing it'll be something closer to Mission Controller, perhaps more like the original one which was a bunch of missions (and a mission builder) and didn't involve contracts since they didn't exist yet. I'm hoping it'll be like Mission Controller on steroids.

Ok, so I will assume that this Mission Builder thing is a scenario creator in which you can create scenarios (like the ones already in the game) and set landing spots, time limits, checkpoints, initial orbits and such.

If that's it then it's actually something new and cool I can get behind. If it's just a Contract Configurator with intuitive UI then it's still "meh".

19 hours ago, regex said:

Did you buy before April 2013? If not, no free DLC.

What I want to know is whether they will honor free DLC for people who bought before April 2013 but have since transferred to Steam. I still have my old receipt email just in case I have to push the matter...

Page 2...

16 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Page 2...

Says nothing about whether they kept a record of Store purchases <-> Steam keys, whether we'll need proof of purchase from the Store, whether the DLC will suddenly appear in our Steam account, etc... I realize I didn't specify that I was interested in the mechanics of said promise honoring but the devil is in the details. I'm sure I'll be fine; I kept a record of my original transaction specifically because I transferred to Steam, but what about other people?

Edited by regex

Unfortunately, when I purchased KSP in October 2013, the Steam advertisement about never having to buy any DLC or updates was still there, but I just didn't read the fine print. I do not blame this issue on SQUAD, but do blame it on Steam for advertising it while the game was in early release.

20 minutes ago, klesh said:

Here is a good question to ask:  What version of KSP will be required to run Making History?

There's almost zero chance it'll be for 1.2.2 (unless they sneakily snuck the required API calls in). Best chance of supporting old versions would be a 1.2.3, but that's just extra work. 1.3 (or possibly later) is almost certainly going to be required.

Edited by magico13

The reason I ask is because of the console players.  If Making History comes out requiring 1.3, and the console versions have yet to be updated to 1.2.x by then, those players will have to wait for 1.2.x then 1.3 to be ported to console, and then have to wait further for MH to be ported.   Yikes.

I think it's a bold guess that the expansion will even support 1.3. 1.4 or later is my expectation. And indeed, Squad may well want the situation on consoles resolved before releasing everyone the DLC at once.

6 hours ago, klesh said:

The reason I ask is because of the console players.  If Making History comes out requiring 1.3, and the console versions have yet to be updated to 1.2.x by then, those players will have to wait for 1.2.x then 1.3 to be ported to console, and then have to wait further for MH to be ported.   Yikes.

The DLC will have to be ported to consoles as well, so they'll be waiting in any case.

EVA Parachutes finally?  WOOT! 

Any chance we can get deployed in command seats and open cockpits in a point release?

Also, it would be nice to have some added "support" content in the main game.   Much like Overkill adds some community content for all players to promote each new DLC release (except I recommend giving more paid stuff with each DLC release than Overkill does.)

Personally for US pricing I recommend to have the DLC under $5 and possibly divide it into three "companions" packs for $2 each available as a set for $5 and with the "upgrade deal" on Steam that deducts the price of each purchased DLC from the set.

Edited by Ruedii
Pricing ideas.

I am one of the (a LOT of) first buyers of KSP. I think I started "officially" with 0.17 (even if I remember, probably, something like 0.14 or 0.15 too), after I had met the game on youtube and I had fun with "the basics of space flying" with the 0.13 (or everything it was at the time) free version. So I'm falling on the part of our comunity that had A LOT of hope for a very basic game well FAR AWAY from the complexity it has now in 1.2.2, on the verge to be updated again in the next release of 1.3, so I'm going to fall in that category of fellow kerbonauts that (under SQUAD promise) "will receive not only the (core) game update for free, but also any further expansions for free" (so you could point me that any I could add after this point is made by someone that should not need to open again the wallet to receive more contents that later buyers should pay)...

... BUT, even if the game itself probably will need some polishment here and there (expecting some stock part revamp in the future and some functionality added out of any DLC scheme) I'M SINCERELLY BE READY to PAY for more stuff!

BECAUSE I'm not more in my "prime", and after being accustomed to the "real life" needs of companies (a.k.a: they need money to run their business) I could tell that "expansions" (or "DLC", as known now) are and will be the only way to extend the life of ONE of the most longeve game I still playing after FIVE YEARS. I'm so proud to be a "kerbonauts" that I went to buy (just for the sake to "funding" SQUAD) even (at least for me) the (a bit-a lot bugged) "Kerbalizer".
Those that invested in KSP are not doing it for "charity"... Those that works for Squad are not doing it for "free"...

I could see the problems from those that have not a constant revenue, but will like to have the announced (but not yet finalized) options from the fist DLC as "stock"...

I also see the complains about "what SQUAD announced as DLC is now easily achieved with some free mods", but this is not the same: I saw tons of interesting concepts being difficoult implemented by mods, but very easily done once stock (my first example was the kraken-driven first mods that tried to add "docking", generally killing tons of space assemblies, rather the smoothness achieved once "docking" was made in the core game)...

KSP is probably one of the few (if not the only) game that will grant to me ton of fun even if "tomorrow" SQUAD could announce that will close any further development of the game (I hope a far away "tomorrow").

I'm probably naive enough in my thoughts to have been, in fact, one of the "early buyer" of a product very far to be complete (I wish that for any complaining guy, he should be reverted to 0.17 for at least a couple of hours or REAL game, to feel what it was KSP back in its early state, when aside a couple of cilinder labelled as "fuel tanks", there was basically nothing: no tweakable to fine tuning part positioning, no nodes for manouvers, no docking, no kerbals to walk away from crafts) just to HELP a very promising concept to bloom in a full fledged game (yes... there are still things I expect to be added on stock to consider it really "complete" -TWR/dV tables, for example-, but this actual situation is FAR MORE COMPLETE than any experienced FIVE YEARS AGO!!!)

Even if with the upcoming "language localization", probably some sales will go up again, I suspect that KSP is not bringing the same amount of cash to SQAUD as it was, just to say, around 0.90 or early 1.XXX releases, so what is it needed to keep SQUAD afloat to further spend time and resources on the future? Obviously add contents as payed "expansions/DLCs/whatever-you-could-call-them".

It's obviously a market stategy long ABUSED by a lot of companies (basic games in which you could do very litlle, without, and then you have a decent one, instead, if you put more money in it) but, as NOW (data from the official KSP store) how BAD PRICEY could them be, with a basic game costing 18€ now? 5 euros??? 10???

I'm OFFICIALLY asking to SQUAD to leave in ANY CASE OPEN the "buy the DLC" option (at least in their KSP-Store, if it could be problematic to have it done on Steam/other selling platforms) even if I'll receive the "download it" option for free because... well... I'm naive and romantic (and old: beying old enough helps to be "naive" and "romantic", sometime), and I'll probably wanna (re-)FUND SQUAD itself of the FUN they are keeping me, still after 5 years (and with a LOT of time in the future) buying it ANYWAY.

Because, even if some features/bugs need to be still addressed, even if I expect some polishment in the future (stock rocket parts revamp, for example????) I'm actually MORE THAN HAPPY to be one of their customers.
Even (or EVEN MORE) if they are actually going to keep me the "promise" to bring to me "infinite free content upgrades" just like they promised LONG AGO.

LONG LIFE TO KSP
LONG LIFE TO SQUAD

... and...

acb.jpg

Edited by Araym

13 minutes ago, klesh said:

Thats the kind of attitude that will surely result in a long life for KSP!    :rolleyes:

Are you literally trying to guilt-trip someone into buying a product to keep a company afloat? The product should stand on its own against its competitors. Some will prefer it, others won't, but at the end of the day Squad needs to deliver something worthwhile in order to remain in business.

30 minutes ago, klesh said:

Thats the kind of attitude that will surely result in a long life for KSP!    :rolleyes:

Just because 1 kerbal won't buy some DLC does not mean it will fail. I am sure there are many other spaceplane and rocket engineers willing to spend their hard earned cash for this.:wink: