[Help] sun catcher not showing up in unity

I'm trying to create a solar panel, but have hard time getting it properly working. Modeling, texturing and animations all work, but for the solar bit:

First problem. I learned I had to include a separate plane as suncatcher, or else my panel will become transparent in ksp. So I added a plane:

IxXPOWc.jpgBut it doesn't show up in unity. I've added UV map and even material to no avail.

RHQ1JDL.png

Why is not showing up? The root object is. I've made it the collider.

Second problem: it refuses to rotate around the right access. I get giant hand fan rather than a solar panel ;-) I;ve rotated the panel in blender in any direction i could think of (assuming it would rotate around the y)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, MacLuky said:

I'm trying to create a solar panel, but have hard time getting it properly working. Modeling, texturing and animations all work, but for the solar bit:

First problem. I learned I had to include a separate plane as suncatcher, or else my panel will become transparent in ksp. So I added a plane:

IxXPOWc.jpgBut it doesn't show up in unity. I've added UV map and even material to no avail.

RHQ1JDL.png

Why is not showing up? The root object is. I've made it the collider.

Second problem: it refuses to rotate around the right access. I get giant hand fan rather than a solar panel ;-) I;ve rotated the panel in blender in any direction i could think of (assuming it would rotate around the y)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just make the transformer in Unity hope it helps

That structure doesn't look quite right to me, I think that you may need to make the 'suncatcher' plane a child of the hinge and then Panel5 a child of the 'suncatcher' plane.

I have found that blender tends to drop childless empty transforms, but as MeCripp states, if you add the empty transform in Unity it won't go missing.

Thanks I'll try that. Or better build a small demonstrator to figure out how it's supposed to work. I also have little knowledge of unity, but I think I saw a post on adding thrust transforms for engine mods, i'll dig around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.