linuxgurugamer

[1.3.*] Danger Alerts Continued

Posted (edited)

Continuation of the mod originally written by @Norpo, original thread here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126698-112-danger-alerts-v12-2016-04-23/

6P8JLUx.png

Danger Alerts adds alerts that trigger while your ship is crashing, burning, and all around not having a good time.

It also adds a simple interface that let's you silence, or modify exactly when the alarms go off. Currently, there are two alarms: one for when you're about to crash, and a highly configurable resource alarm for when you're running low on any resource on the vessel. If you have any suggestions, bugs to report, or opinions on your favourite type of potato chip, please post here. I'll reply as soon as I can.

Download:  https://spacedock.info/mod/1260

SourceCode:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DangerAlerts

Available in CKAN

License:  MIT

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Changes from original:

Updated for 1.2.2

•     Added code to put version into assembly file
  •     Added .version file
  •     Added build scripts
  •     Reorganized file locations
  •     Totally rewrote ui, now more intuitive
  •     Moved settings into standard settings page

Todo

• Save alert resource list for each ship

Edited by linuxgurugamer

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

or opinions on your favourite type of potato chip, please post here.

Grandma Utz's Handcooked.  Anyone who disagrees is a philistine.  :D  (And anyone who hasn't tried them doesn't know what they are missing in life.)

But glad to see another mod under your hands.

not bad.......i might give this a g- (beep ) what? (beep) oh excrements (beep) (beep) (beep) (beep) GET OUT THE WAY!!! (connection lost)

Just how many mods have you adopted now!? :) And I have to say, you show some good taste! Major props!

48 minutes ago, dtrauma said:

Just how many mods have you adopted now!? :) And I have to say, you show some good taste! Major props!

57 in the library so far, I believe hes done more than that though.

On 3/18/2017 at 5:16 AM, dtrauma said:

Full list here:   https://goo.gl/KxlgIC

I personally tend to go for the plain salt, kettle-style potato chips.

New release, 1.3.2:

• Fixed nullref when starting game

If I am not wrong, the danger alerts options.cfg is not in a plugindata directory, so invalidating the MM cache. 

22 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

If I am not wrong, the danger alerts options.cfg is not in a plugindata directory, so invalidating the MM cache. 

Quite possibly, I'll make a note to fix it in a future release

Is the ingame options tab supposed to have settings for the collision alarm? It only seems to have the option to add/delete resource alerts.

Also, maybe the sound could be a bit more alert-y? A twanging guitar string isn't the most alarming noise.

You should see:

• Sound Toggle
  • Master Toggle
  • Master Volume
  • Tolerance
  • Min Speed
  • Min Vertical Speed
  • Alarm Enabled

If you don't see all of these in the settings, try updating and check again

You should add a heart flatline sound effect when you DO crash :D

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is related to the options.cfg issue, but the alert volume level slider isn't working for me (alert volume stays the same regardless of % setting) in-game or after re-starting.  Also, the alert settings state is not being saved after re-starting the game.  I'm using Danger Alerts 1.4.0 with MM 2.8.0 on KSP 1.3.0.1804 Win x64.

Edited by KSPrynk
clarified volume

@linuxgurugamer I've been digging around for the Apollo Master Alarm sound (audible in Apollo 13 the movie) however I haven't had any luck yet; point being that the sound is perfect for this mod.

40 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

@linuxgurugamer I've been digging around for the Apollo Master Alarm sound (audible in Apollo 13 the movie) however I haven't had any luck yet; point being that the sound is perfect for this mod.

What about the two sounds here:  https://soundcloud.com/borogove-41558917/sts-master-alarm-1?in=borogove-41558917/sets/apollo-sts-master-alarms-updated

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, that isn't it. It's the sound at 0:13 (videos a bit quiet so you'll need to turn the volume up a tiny bit)-

It's like the sound of a classic electronic alarm clock from... well fittingly the 60s.

Yes, but it's not correct.  It's a movie, the site I linked to actually recreated the actual sounds.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, but it's not correct.  It's a movie, the site I linked to actually recreated the actual sounds.

Well it's what I would expect from Apollo era technology. Personally what comes to mind is that sound and not the Flash Gordon alarm... even if it is what they actually used.

Just an opinion- I like the latter over the alternative and I'd like it if it was possible to have.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Keep looking :-)

I try my best to find what suits my strangely specific tastes.

Close... but too unnervingly similar to my current alarm clock, no thank you. But better than nothing (beggers can't be choosers).

Idle thought... sounds like this is a b*tching betty / barking bob / nagging nora equivalent for KSP

You got a nickname the pilots / Kerbalnauts know it as? Something like:

Karp'in Kerbal

(Using a random Kerbal name generator, these seemed to work)
Heckling Henberry
Fret'in Fredbert
Fussin Fersy
Griping / Groanin Gregmore (Sorry Kuzzter!)
Nagging Newsby

:D:D :D:D :D:D