[1.12.x] Fusebox Continued - electric charge tracker and build helper

linuxgurugamer

Feature Request:

• Time to Charge from Empty - Part of the main FuseBox window. Basically battery life in reverse. So if you're making excess power, this will display ("Full in Y time"). If you're in a deficit, the normal life-time will display ("Zero in X time"). This will go hand-in-hand with...
  • Orbital Period - Part of the Darkness Time window. Knowing the both the Dark and Orbital time along with the above will let a player tune solar power panel requirements JUST right if they want. (I have a orbital period of A with B dark time. I need a max full charging time of A-B.)

Not very important (I dunno how many players would tune a vessel to that level of precision), but I figure it might be handy, non-intrusive info to have. (One "toggles" automatically while the other adds an extra line to a sub-window with 5 lines.) I play with ScanSAT and RemoteTech, so I think it could be useful when designing purposed-made, tuned satellites for a particular body.

Obviously, not urgent to implement. Dunno if the coding would be any worse or not. It looks straight forward enough (but I know something that looks easy may not be in the end.) Something for KSP 1.3 I suppose.

May I add 2 more ideas?

-It would be cool, if Fusebox can read the power consumption from USI parts. This is maybe tricky, cause it depends on the configuration of the parts. Don't know if that's possible.
-Also a window, showing which part (can) consume what, would be nice. Maybe with a checkbox, if tis part should be added for the overall result, like the filter, but on parts.

But that's just ideas, no request. :) o/

Somewhat related to the above - USI-LS adds EC usage per Kerbal.  Not sure how you want to handle that - one option would just be to have a 'basic usage' option that can be thrown in and edited on the fly.  (That is: A catch-all textbox that the user could enter an EC usage into, and have that added into the calculations.)

On 4/10/2017 at 6:39 AM, StahnAileron said:

Feature Request:

• Time to Charge from Empty - Part of the main FuseBox window. Basically battery life in reverse. So if you're making excess power, this will display ("Full in Y time"). If you're in a deficit, the normal life-time will display ("Zero in X time"). This will go hand-in-hand with...
  • Orbital Period - Part of the Darkness Time window. Knowing the both the Dark and Orbital time along with the above will let a player tune solar power panel requirements JUST right if they want. (I have a orbital period of A with B dark time. I need a max full charging time of A-B.)

Not very important (I dunno how many players would tune a vessel to that level of precision), but I figure it might be handy, non-intrusive info to have. (One "toggles" automatically while the other adds an extra line to a sub-window with 5 lines.) I play with ScanSAT and RemoteTech, so I think it could be useful when designing purposed-made, tuned satellites for a particular body.

Obviously, not urgent to implement. Dunno if the coding would be any worse or not. It looks straight forward enough (but I know something that looks easy may not be in the end.) Something for KSP 1.3 I suppose.

On 4/10/2017 at 0:20 PM, Jebs_SY said:

May I add 2 more ideas?

-It would be cool, if Fusebox can read the power consumption from USI parts. This is maybe tricky, cause it depends on the configuration of the parts. Don't know if that's possible.
-Also a window, showing which part (can) consume what, would be nice. Maybe with a checkbox, if tis part should be added for the overall result, like the filter, but on parts.

But that's just ideas, no request. :) o/

On 4/10/2017 at 0:59 PM, DStaal said:

Somewhat related to the above - USI-LS adds EC usage per Kerbal.  Not sure how you want to handle that - one option would just be to have a 'basic usage' option that can be thrown in and edited on the fly.  (That is: A catch-all textbox that the user could enter an EC usage into, and have that added into the calculations.)

Good ideas, all.

I'll add it to feature requests, not doing any major updates right now until 1.3 drops

feel free to look at the issues here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FuseBoxContinued/issues

and comment if you wish

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, DStaal said:

I kinda imagine a slider that goes from zero to the max # of seats on the craft like the Engine slider... Though I'm not sure how easy it would be to add up all the seats from parts on the fly in the editor. TAC-LS if I recall adds EC usage for Kerbals as well (Environmental Controls), so it wouldn't just be one LS mod that needs support like that. (Unless this has changed in the newest version; memory is from my 1.0.5 days.)

1 hour ago, StahnAileron said:

I kinda imagine a slider that goes from zero to the max # of seats on the craft like the Engine slider... Though I'm not sure how easy it would be to add up all the seats from parts on the fly in the editor. TAC-LS if I recall adds EC usage for Kerbals as well (Environmental Controls), so it wouldn't just be one LS mod that needs support like that. (Unless this has changed in the newest version; memory is from my 1.0.5 days.)

Which is part of why I was thinking an add-hock entry box - support as much as you can, but have a way for the user to adjust for things beyond that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 7:20 PM, DStaal said:
On 4/12/2017 at 5:19 PM, StahnAileron said:

Which is part of why I was thinking an add-hock entry box - support as much as you can, but have a way for the user to adjust for things beyond that.

Counting the number of seats on a craft isn't that difficult.  I'm holding off on new features until 1.3 is out, I pretty much want everything to be stable.

So, what you can do for me in the meantime is this:

Get me a list of all LS mods which add EC usage for kerbals, it will save me time in researching it.  

I'll add these to the enhancements requests on Github

Any chance that this could factor in the EC required to keep the LH2 from boiling off when using @Nertea's Cryogenic Engines / Kerbal Atomics mods? That feature is included when using either one, or both of the mods. The .dll is located in the CryoTanks directory used by either mod.

I also have to say thanks for updating one of the most useful mods that's out there. Your work on continuing so many mods is much appreciated, and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way either. 

Edited by FiiZzioN

i used the Fusebox mod back before it died, and have now switched to ampyear.  my problem is that now that fuse box is back I must now decide which to use.  for instance why is it that both can't be used?  what is the conflict?  I ask because amp year has some features I like.  so I need to get a better understanding of what I loose and gain with each mod.

48 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

i used the Fusebox mod back before it died, and have now switched to ampyear.  my problem is that now that fuse box is back I must now decide which to use.  for instance why is it that both can't be used?  what is the conflict?  I ask because amp year has some features I like.  so I need to get a better understanding of what I loose and gain with each mod.

Ummmm, you can think of it this way:  Fusebox is lightweight, Ampyear is heavyweight.  Other than a performance issue with Ampyear, it pretty much does everything that Fuesbox does, and more.

• 2 weeks later...

In the VAB Fusebox is not working correctly. 

Entering an empty VAB gives unplausible readings in the Fusebox Window: Bat Max = 10, Drain = 6.18 and time = 0 in 01 s.

I started a new ship with only one probe core: Probodobodyn HECS.

The windows does not change, but it does in space later - there values seem to be correct.

Sometimes the window changes, when you right click on a part in the VAB ... can not reproduce it.

Is there a button to refresh Fusebox while building in the VAB

Should the text really be green, when there is more drain than generation of energy?

And why is the timer not counting, when energy level drop during flight?

Edited by New Horizons

On 4/25/2017 at 10:37 AM, DStaal said:

Kerbalism will likely require a *lot* of extra work,

Which isn't necessary because Kerbalism has its own EC usage tracker in its Planner window. I would suggest that @-MadMan- read the Kerbalism wiki. I have found that even Alternate Resource Panel does not display EC usage properly when Kerbalism is installed. I still have Fusebox installed, but so far haven't found a reason not to just use the Kerbalism planner to check my EC stats

On 5/6/2017 at 11:33 AM, New Horizons said:

Entering an empty VAB gives unplausible readings in the Fusebox Window: Bat Max = 10, Drain = 6.18 and time = 0 in 01 s.

The windows does not change, but it does in space later - there values seem to be correct.

Sometimes the window changes, when you right click on a part in the VAB ... can not reproduce it.

Should the text really be green, when there is more drain than generation of energy?

In the VAB, the following needs to happen for it to update:

• Place a new part, delete an existing part, or move an existing part.  
  • Launchclamps are ignored

It recalculates the EC after something changed on the vessel.  It's unclear as to whether changing fuel or other resource levels would trigger the recalculation

I'll look into the following issues you raised:

• Creating a new vessel with the Probodobodyn HECS does not update the window
  • Text color when more drain than generation
  • Timer not counting

I need a log file and the craft file of the vessel you are experiencing this on.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thank you, now I hope this will be the replacement for AmpYear because of all these issues I had with it within the last week.

Edit:

somehow it is, but not really...
It's lightweight, what has the benefit of being more stable.

I really hope it will advance to a higher level without bugging out :)

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 5/6/2017 at 11:33 AM, New Horizons said:

Still waiting for a frat file and log file.

I have a problem with Fusebox when I add SSTU to my install.

I do not add the SSTU-OptionalPatches because of RO.

v11.5.0 for KSP 1.2.2

• Improvements to SSTU compatibility, configs, plumes

But I add the SSTU-NovaPack and the SSTU-Expansion.
I will try it without these two expansion packs next. -> see Edit

All is released for 1.2.2 what I still use.

As soon as I'm in the VAB this is spammed to the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Ratzap.FuseBox_Core.setTBIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Ratzap.Fusebox_Editor.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

and the VAB looks like this:
vXT2EkH.png

When I add a pod and zoom out you can clearly see there is already "something":
zwdsnRD.png

And you can see the bottom bar is completely missing, incl. the Toolbar extension.

When I hover the mouse over any icon on the left in the parts menu in some cases something like this is written to the log then:

[UpgradesUIextensions] Part upgrade stats for "Cupola Observatory Module" not found, using default stats.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartModule].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UpgradesGUI.PatchEditorTooltip.UpdateModuleWidgetInfo (UpgradesGUI.UpgradePrefab upgradePrefab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UpgradesGUI.PatchEditorTooltip.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and mostly only something like this:

[UpgradesUIextensions] Part upgrade stats for "Able Avionics Package [0.813m]" not found, using default stats.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

The full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1elzmsl102znrjy/2017-05-29-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

If you think I have still too many mods - I want to find issues when RO / RSS / RP-0 and all of their recommended mods and some of the suggested mods are installed.
Removing one mod often means I have to remove a dozen more because of the dependencies.

So they have to stick together.

Edit:

It seems that SSTU is borked in a way I can't recover. Without the two expansion packs while loading the game I already get this:

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SSTU-ST-DOS-TKS'

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at ModuleAnimateGeneric.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__Iterator1E.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__Iterator1D:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__Iterator1F:MoveNext()
<CompileParts>c__Iterator62:MoveNext()

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A'

PartLoader: Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B'

PartLoader: Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C'

PartLoader: Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-D/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-D'

ERROR: Empty name for solar pivot for part: SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-D (Ratzap.PartTapIn)

So I have to remove SSTU completely.

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 5/29/2017 at 1:40 PM, Gordon Dry said:

I have a problem with Fusebox when I add SSTU to my install.

I do not add the SSTU-OptionalPatches because of RO.

But I add the SSTU-NovaPack and the SSTU-Expansion.
I will try it without these two expansion packs next. -> see Edit

All is released for 1.2.2 what I still use.

As soon as I'm in the VAB this is spammed to the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Ratzap.FuseBox_Core.setTBIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Ratzap.Fusebox_Editor.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and the VAB looks like this:
vXT2EkH.png

When I add a pod and zoom out you can clearly see there is already "something":
zwdsnRD.png

And you can see the bottom bar is completely missing, incl. the Toolbar extension.

When I hover the mouse over any icon on the left in the parts menu in some cases something like this is written to the log then:

[UpgradesUIextensions] Part upgrade stats for "Cupola Observatory Module" not found, using default stats.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartModule].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UpgradesGUI.PatchEditorTooltip.UpdateModuleWidgetInfo (UpgradesGUI.UpgradePrefab upgradePrefab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UpgradesGUI.PatchEditorTooltip.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and mostly only something like this:

[UpgradesUIextensions] Part upgrade stats for "Able Avionics Package [0.813m]" not found, using default stats.

The full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1elzmsl102znrjy/2017-05-29-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

If you think I have still too many mods - I want to find issues when RO / RSS / RP-0 and all of their recommended mods and some of the suggested mods are installed.
Removing one mod often means I have to remove a dozen more because of the dependencies.

So they have to stick together.

Edit:

It seems that SSTU is borked in a way I can't recover. Without the two expansion packs while loading the game I already get this:

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SSTU-ST-DOS-TKS'

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at ModuleAnimateGeneric.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__Iterator1E.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__Iterator1D:MoveNext()
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__Iterator1F:MoveNext()
<CompileParts>c__Iterator62:MoveNext()

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A'

PartLoader: Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-A'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B'

PartLoader: Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-B'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C'

PartLoader: Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-C'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTU/Parts/StationCore/ST-GEN/ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-D/SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-D'

ERROR: Empty name for solar pivot for part: SSTU-ST-GEN-DSP-BKT-D (Ratzap.PartTapIn)

So I have to remove SSTU completely.

I installed the last version of SSTU for 1.2.2 into a clean install along with Fusebox, it worked perfectly.

I looked at your log file.  The first errors happened with SSTUTools during loading, but I did not see those errors when I tested.

I see lots of SSTU errors, ConnectedLivingSpace errors,  etc.

The fact that the toolbar itself isn't showing is another big issue

The function doesn't reference any objects, other than the GameDatabase.Instance, and, if that is invalid, you have more problems than this

• 2 weeks later...