[1.12.x] Fusebox Continued - electric charge tracker and build helper

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamerIs there a way that a filter could be added for a Life Support mod, mainly USI Life Support, since by default 1 Kerbal will use 0.01 EC. I tried ticking off Pods and Probes, but there is some needed info in there I still need to see. I think something more fine tuned, specific filter for USI Life Support. 

With USI LS, the battery icon on toolbar will always be in red, alerting me there is a power drain because of the Kerbals using EC in the LS mod. I honestly would prefer not to see that info, if I choose too, with a option in Fusebox mod.

Thanks.

Edited by therealcrow999

On 9/18/2018 at 12:31 AM, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerIs there a way that a filter could be added for a Life Support mod, mainly USI Life Support, since by default 1 Kerbal will use 0.01 EC. I tried ticking off Pods and Probes, but there is some needed info in there I still need to see. I think something more fine tuned, specific filter for USI Life Support. 

With USI LS, the battery icon on toolbar will always be in red, alerting me there is a power drain because of the Kerbals using EC in the LS mod. I honestly would prefer not to see that info, if I choose too, with a option in Fusebox mod.

Thanks.

Not easily.  The best I could do would be to add a setting which would change the color from red to yellow if the drain was minimal

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi. Before talking about some errors, thank you very much for maintaining this amazing mod.

I think I found some EVA related error. It happens when EVA begins, or entering vessel from EVA. KSP version 1.6.1 wtih MakingHistory dlc.

[ERR 13:23:30.645] Exception handling event onVesselCreate in class VesselStatsManager:System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Add (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.OnVesselCreate (.Vessel Vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 13:23:30.648] InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Add (.Vessel v)
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.OnVesselCreate (.Vessel Vessel)
	EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
	Vessel:Initialize(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
	Vessel:Initialize(Boolean)
	FlightEVA:onGoForEVA()
	FlightEVA:spawnEVA(ProtoCrewMember, Part, Transform, Boolean)
	CrewHatchController:OnEVABtn(ProtoCrewMember)
	KSP.UI.Screens.Flight.Dialogs.CrewHatchDialog:OnBtnEVA(ProtoCrewMember)
	KSP.UI.Screens.Flight.Dialogs.<Init>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0()
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
[ERR 13:23:30.650] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class VesselStatsManager:System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Remove (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Reload (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 13:23:30.651] InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Remove (.Vessel v)
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Reload (.Vessel v)

Tested with minimal mod installed (ModuleManager, ClickThroughBlocker, ToolbarController, and this mod).

I originally found the bug in my main save game while searching for the cause that prevents KerbalHealth to update status when a kerbal came out EVA.

To replicate, make new sandbox game. And then enter VAB, choose any command pod with crew capacity, launch, then EVA.

Attaching full log file : File Download Link

On 4/13/2019 at 12:37 AM, JWS said:

Hi. Before talking about some errors, thank you very much for maintaining this amazing mod.

I think I found some EVA related error. It happens when EVA begins, or entering vessel from EVA. KSP version 1.6.1 wtih MakingHistory dlc.

[ERR 13:23:30.645] Exception handling event onVesselCreate in class VesselStatsManager:System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Add (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.OnVesselCreate (.Vessel Vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 13:23:30.648] InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Add (.Vessel v)
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.OnVesselCreate (.Vessel Vessel)
[ERR 13:23:30.650] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class VesselStatsManager:System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Remove (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Reload (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 13:23:30.651] InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Remove (.Vessel v)
	TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Reload (.Vessel v)

Tested with minimal mod installed (ModuleManager, ClickThroughBlocker, ToolbarController, and this mod).

I originally found the bug in my main save game while searching for the cause that prevents KerbalHealth to update status when a kerbal came out EVA.

To replicate, make new sandbox game. And then enter VAB, choose any command pod with crew capacity, launch, then EVA.

Attaching full log file : File Download Link

Excellent job providing a bug report and a method to replicate it.

Thank you, I'm working on a fix now

====================================================================

New release, 0.1.16.8

• In TrackResource, moved initializion of vars into the Start() method
  • Fixed exception caused when kerbals going on eva

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...

I'm running a heavily modded KSP 1.7.2 and found that the Patches.cfg with FuseBox seems very much to be causing an issue where (almost) all the parts fail to load due to every part receiving the following error:

Line 62176: [ERR 23:59:28.636] PartCompiler: Cannot find Part of type 'PartTapIn'

If I remove the FuseboxContinued/Patches.cfg file, the parts then load as expected. I have tried it with a fresh copy of KSP 1.7.2 and just Module Manager 4.0.2 and Fusebox Continued loaded, repeating the same issue of all parts missing.

Full Log w/All Mods
Full Log w/Fresh Copy + Fusebox

Happy to provide more details or any other assistance needed!

15 hours ago, ozraven said:

I'm running a heavily modded KSP 1.7.2 and found that the Patches.cfg with FuseBox seems very much to be causing an issue where (almost) all the parts fail to load due to every part receiving the following error:

Line 62176: [ERR 23:59:28.636] PartCompiler: Cannot find Part of type 'PartTapIn'

If I remove the FuseboxContinued/Patches.cfg file, the parts then load as expected. I have tried it with a fresh copy of KSP 1.7.2 and just Module Manager 4.0.2 and Fusebox Continued loaded, repeating the same issue of all parts missing.

Full Log w/All Mods
Full Log w/Fresh Copy + Fusebox

Happy to provide more details or any other assistance needed!

Quite simple, actually.  You don't have the dependencies installed.

• Click Through Blocker
  • ToolbarController
  • unBlur

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Quite simple, actually.  You don't have the dependencies installed.

• Click Through Blocker
  • ToolbarController
  • unBlur

Doh! I got the update to ToolbarController but missed the new requirement for unBlur. Well, at least when I'm the idiot it is easy to fix. :)

Thanks for pointing that out and all your work to keep mods alive!

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

been having a problem and have narrowed it down (ish) to FuseboxContinued.
Not asking for help, just reporting what happened, in case it’s of relevance.
@linuxgurugamer, you are a god among gamers, and I’m pretty sure this here mod isn’t really the cause of the problem, but just a catalyst. Some number of mods not playing nice with each other, and FuseboxContinued is just the one that’s making an underlying problem visible. I'm offering this here just in case it's helpful.

Situation: new system, new everything, and my very, very, very, very modded, fresh KSP install. All mods latest versions, near as I can tell with the aid of AVC and Spacedock’s subscription thingy.

Problem: load game, and see this here (screenshot): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ELZmjnwd7aWkhinMsQZwBbn2yVdzKPDr
Not visible in this shot are struts, which appear in some views (darkened, obviously).

Output log for that boot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ujHFmkpbRPODoy0kHA5JPqgCAVHmOB82

Removed mod after mod, trial and error, and eventually narrowed it down to FuseboxContinued. When I start the game without it, everything looks as it should (apart from the many error messages).
Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fR_fvq2rDzXPjMDu-bI3z-EKOhDHO8MQ
Output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lWkhsLxrhwkn8-2oRwAiILlWbtIVXOen

This is with a number of mods still in quarantine. When I boot the game with all the mods I tell myself I need, so long as I don’t include FuseboxContinued, things appear as they should (with a pile of error messages, obviously, but so long as the game works, I’m cool with it).

I’ve jammed all my usual mods back into GameData, and added AmpYear, since I intent to finally play a little now. Just in case anyone cares to see that horrorshow:
Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1urJCfgQpJ-C4oYgrdptKbCC4SY33s85K
Output file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UGHPUuEPsVrOqfZbdChHVFdWJyZmSumD
Please ignore the errors where ReStock found some unexpected folders. I had tried to manually fix some of the missing part errors earlier.

Like I said, not asking for help, it seems to be working (-ish) now, so I’m cool satisfied with the situation (when hell freezes over, I’ll be the one sitting in the puddle of lukewarm water, that’s how cool I am).

EDIT: now that I can see all sorts of parts in the editor, I notice the dozen or so other mods that don't seem to be working. So I'm still trouleshooting, just in case anyone was wondering what I don't notice all the stuff what's missing.

Edited by DerGolgo

33 minutes ago, DerGolgo said:

Removed mod after mod, trial and error, and eventually narrowed it down to FuseboxContinued. When I start the game without it, everything looks as it should (apart from the many error messages).
Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fR_fvq2rDzXPjMDu-bI3z-EKOhDHO8MQ
Output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lWkhsLxrhwkn8-2oRwAiILlWbtIVXOen

Please reinstall and start the game, then send me the following:

Output_log.txt

GameData/ModuleManager.configcache

Off hand, it sounds like something is off in the MM patch, which gets added to all parts.

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please reinstall and start the game, then send me the following:

Output_log.txt

GameData/ModuleManager.configcache

Off hand, it sounds like something is off in the MM patch, which gets added to all parts.

Thank you for your efforts!

Output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1paPtt2p22SRGsBh5BVA_a2wDI3asoak_

ModuleManager.configcache: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_02eeBpAi1l_FaUUN6AokShYH3sTy2V0