[1.12.x] Fusebox Continued - electric charge tracker and build helper

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

@linuxgurugamer  If you enter the game until the app loads and then exit back out to the main menu, the icon is still present at the menu.  It needs this to fix...

public void Awake()
			GameEvents.onGUIApplicationLauncherUnreadifying.Add(DestroyLauncher);
        {

Thanks, I'll get it out tonight, if I have time.

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Since updating my modlist with Fusebox with the new release from yesterday (0.1.12) I've been getting NullReferenceException spam in the VAB. I deleted the old folder before installing the new one.

KSP: 1.3 Windows 64-bit

Problem: NullRefenceException spam in VAB.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Ratzap.FuseBox_Core.setTBIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Ratzap.Fusebox_Editor.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Mods:
Around 112 mods installed. Just let me know if there seems to be an issue regarding those and I'll post those.

Reproduction steps:
Enter VAB. Can confirm it does also happen in SPH but NOT in Flight Scene.

Output log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6tid07yapo6klw/output_log.txt?dl=1

3 hours ago, Phiido said:

@linuxgurugamer

Since updating my modlist with Fusebox with the new release from yesterday (0.1.12) I've been getting NullReferenceException spam in the VAB. I deleted the old folder before installing the new one.

KSP: 1.3 Windows 64-bit

Problem: NullRefenceException spam in VAB.
  at Ratzap.Fusebox_Editor.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Mods:
Around 112 mods installed. Just let me know if there seems to be an issue regarding those and I'll post those.

Reproduction steps:
Enter VAB. Can confirm it does also happen in SPH but NOT in Flight Scene.

Output log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6tid07yapo6klw/output_log.txt?dl=1

I don't see it.It's working fine for me. but I do see the error in your file.

Please send me the craft file.

It's acting as if it's missing an icon file, but they all seem to be there.

Are you are running Kerbalism?  That's been known to cause problems in many different mods.

49 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't see it.It's working fine for me. but I do see the error in your file.

Please send me the craft file.

It's acting as if it's missing an icon file, but they all seem to be there.

Are you are running Kerbalism?  That's been known to cause problems in many different mods.

It seems it didn't give an error in the Flight Scene when i switched to a craft before the update. However it starting showing there as well in newly built craft.
Giving this error instead.

at Ratzap.FuseBox_Flight.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

No, I'm not running Kerbalism.

Here's one of the craft files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eouzk0m5ykbcvpm/Gemini.craft?dl=1

Though I could remark since updating Fusebox that it did change icon. It had a icon with bars before and now with the lightning bolt. If that helps in any way.

Keep up the great work!

Oh, I've been able to replicat the problem.  You didn't mention you were using the Blizzy Toolbar, it's specific to that.

New release, 0.1.13:

• Fixed NullRef which occured when Blizzy toolbar was installed, but not being used by this mod.

On 7/2/2017 at 1:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, I've been able to replicat the problem.  You didn't mention you were using the Blizzy Toolbar, it's specific to that.

New release, 0.1.13:

• Fixed NullRef which occured when Blizzy toolbar was installed, but not being used by this mod.

On a question - from this, it sounds like Blizzy toolbar *can* still be used, but I can't find a way to switch from using the stock toolbar to using Blizzy's.  Is it still intended to be possible?

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

On a question - from this, it sounds like Blizzy toolbar *can* still be used, but I can't find a way to switch from using the stock toolbar to using Blizzy's.  Is it still intended to be possible?

Yes.  At the Space Center scene, hit escape to get into the Settings, then hit the button saying "Difficulty Options", and finally, click the tab for Fusebox.  There is an option there for Blizzy toolbar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Two items:

1. I don't recall if this supported Radiators as specific category. It currently doesn't (and I don't think it ever did, but again, not sure...) Radiators take EC to use for quite some time now, if I recall correctly. Any chance of adding them to the filter list?
  2. I recall Ratzap once telling me that certain categories in the filter for Fusebox are dependent on mod version-specific dlls being present when Fusebox is compiled to actually support that mod properly. This is because some mods reference EC usage with atypical methods that Fusebox has to specifically account and look for. SCANsat in particular seems to be notorious (well, to me) for breaking support in Fusebox each time they release an update. (Ratzap basically had to recompile each time certain optional supported mods updated, like SCANsat.) I'm on 1.3.0 currently and don't see SCANsat as part of the Fusebox filters. Any ideas about SCANsat support in FB-Continued?

On a side-note: Kinda wished you called it Fusebox Rewired :sticktongue:

just a FYI, the ckan installer is borking on it.

it only creates the /fusebox directory instead of /fuseboxcontinued which is inside the zip, so no files are copied.

(manual install works fine, its just ckan not being skynet intuitive)

Edited by TK421d

39 minutes ago, TK421d said:

just a FYI, the ckan installer is borking on it.

it only creates the /fusebox directory instead of /fuseboxcontinued which is inside the zip, so no files are copied.

(manual install works fine, its just ckan not being skynet intuitive)

Oh yuck. 

Thanks, I'll fix it this evening

New release, 0.1.15.3

• Revert last change

The problem was actually in the CKAN file, I just fixed that, give it a little time to update

You might have to exit CKAN and restart it, sometimes the refresh doesn't catch these changes

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have an incompatibility to report.

FuseBox does not recognize any solar panel power generation (in the VAB/SPH) at all, and I'm reasonably certain that the culprit is Kopernicus.

I have Kopernicus installed as a dependecy of another (biome) mod. Now, Kopernicus has the ability to add additional suns to the game, and to that effect it overrides every solar panel with its own module which AmpYear reports as KopernicusSolarPanel,  to (presumably) set the tracking to the correct sun. -- FuseBox power generation info works fine in flight, it's solely an editor issue.

EDIT: Ugh, should have checked Github first. There's already a PR. - Now to set up a dev env for the dozens of dependencies...

Also, while I'm here, a feature request:

Could you add a "Blind Load" feature to FuseBox? Something with a slider and/or edit box where we can set a manual value for modules that FuseBox does not recognize. Maybe also a "Blind Generation" feature for the opposite. Or just allow negative load numbers.

Edited by jinks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, jinks said:

I think I have an incompatibility to report.

FuseBox does not recognize any solar panel power generation (in the VAB/SPH) at all, and I'm reasonably certain that the culprit is Kopernicus.

I have Kopernicus installed as a dependecy of another (biome) mod. Now, Kopernicus has the ability to add additional suns to the game, and to that effect it overrides every solar panel with its own module which AmpYear reports as KopernicusSolarPanel,  to (presumably) set the tracking to the correct sun. -- FuseBox power generation info works fine in flight, it's solely an editor issue.

EDIT: Ugh, should have checked Github first. There's already a PR. - Now to set up a dev env for the dozens of dependencies...

+1 to this, commented on GitHub, willing to test a fix as necessary.

Edited by eightiesboi

12 hours ago, eberkain said:

I'm wondering if there is a mod similar to this that can do antenna calculations for the stock commnet.   I can look it up online, but when you involve a rescaled world and mod added parts it gets a little complicated.  

There is: