[1.12.x] Fusebox Continued - electric charge tracker and build helper

linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

Issue! (I'm so bad, I know).

Added this mod, booted KSP, went to VAB, added a pod, checked this mod's UI a little, went back to SPC and R&D, came back to VAB, icon gone and this:

Exception handling event onGUIApplicationLauncherReady in class Fusebox_Editor:System.NullReferenceException: 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_gameObject ()
  at Ratzap.FuseBox_Core.CreateLauncher () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher:StartupSequence()
KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher:OnSceneLoadedGUIReady(GameScenes)
EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
<FireLoadedEventGUIReady>c__Iterator2:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

and many of these

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Ratzap.FuseBox_Core.setTBIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Ratzap.Fusebox_Editor.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4uyvk742sm2tjm/2018-04-21_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

16 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Issue! (I'm so bad, I know).

Added this mod, booted KSP, went to VAB, added a pod, checked this mod's UI a little, went back to SPC and R&D, came back to VAB, icon gone and this:

Exception handling event onGUIApplicationLauncherReady in class Fusebox_Editor:System.NullReferenceException: 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher:StartupSequence()
KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher:OnSceneLoadedGUIReady(GameScenes)
EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
<FireLoadedEventGUIReady>c__Iterator2:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

and many of these

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Ratzap.FuseBox_Core.setTBIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Ratzap.Fusebox_Editor.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4uyvk742sm2tjm/2018-04-21_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Great description of how to replicate it, thanks.

And I appreciate the packaged files, saves time in asking for something.

Anyway, I think I found the problem, missed changing one line, testing now

Hello,

I'm having a wee problem with Fusebox.
In that when I start the game with Fusebox, the parts are gone. See screenshot.  In VAB and SPH. The only parts that show up (darkened) are the EAS-4 strut and the external fuel duct.
It took me a while to narrow down which mod is the culprit.
I start the game with all my mods, including Fusebox and the dependencies, the problem occurs.
I start the game with Fusebox alone, no other mod, not even dependencies, the problem occurs.
I start the game with only Fusebox, ClickThroughBlocker, and ToolbarControl, but none of the other mods, the problem occurs.
I start the game without Fusebox, but with many other mods, this does not occur, and everything looks fine and as it should.

My skills at reading output logs is -(∞-1). If something got muddled in my install (entirely likely), I shall accept my guilt and be grateful for the pointer outer.
Since this first occurred, though, I have once reinstalled KSP.

Output log with Fusebox and dependencies, where this problem occurs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lhEIIKf7lbeegNoLajhfNqd2LyGarRGZ
Output log without Fusebox, but a few dozen other mods, where this problem didn't occur: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A-EGL58f-n7Wyu7DPrTx2ys8DDBtVy0a

Fusebox version 0.1.16.1
KSP version 1.4.2.2110

Caveat: Hadn't played in a while, and after the recent updates, had waited some time before trying to update my mods and try playing again.
If an earlier startup attempt with another mod fragged something, or it's some feature of 1.4.2 I'm inexcusably unaware of, I really wouldn't know, and would appreciate any pointers.

The screenshot, as announced. Apart from the strut under structural, and the fuel duct in the tanks section, nothing shows up at all. Not a rivet, not a nut, not a bolt.
MoreEmpty.png

Everythingempty.png

Edited by DerGolgo
Mo' Cowbell!

According to the log file, you are running Fusebox:  Fusebox v0.1.15.4

you are also using KSP 1.3.1

So it is the correct version for the KSP version.  I have no idea what's happening, except that in the log file, all the parts are deleted because of missing "NEEDS" of a variety of mods, but none of them Fusebox.  For some reason, ALL of the part modules seem to be missing

Assuming you are doing this by hand, try download this:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1263/FuseBox Continued/download/0.1.15.2

It's a slightly older version, and let me know how it goes

Well, something is odd here then.
I assure you, the versions of KSP and of Fusebox are accurate, and go with the screenshots.
See the screenshot with watermark here, and the screenshot of the version file in the mod folder in gamedata, here.
Something got mixed up with the logfiles. I had an old one on google drive, that I had deleted before anything else. Perhaps that was the muddle.
Or KSP doesn't work like I remember it. In the past, the output_log.txt was just in the KSP_x64_Data folder, wasn't it? There I had found it, from there I had copied it.
I just deleted it there to make sure and restarted the game, and no new file was generated. I put an empty file with the same name in that folder and started the game, and the file remains unchanged. Guess I'll reinstall KSP and try again later.
Sorry for the muddle.

18 minutes ago, DerGolgo said:

Well, something is odd here then.
I assure you, the versions of KSP and of Fusebox are accurate, and go with the screenshots.
See the screenshot with watermark here, and the screenshot of the version file in the mod folder in gamedata, here.
Something got mixed up with the logfiles. I had an old one on google drive, that I had deleted before anything else. Perhaps that was the muddle.
Or KSP doesn't work like I remember it. In the past, the output_log.txt was just in the KSP_x64_Data folder, wasn't it? There I had found it, from there I had copied it.
I just deleted it there to make sure and restarted the game, and no new file was generated. I put an empty file with the same name in that folder and started the game, and the file remains unchanged. Guess I'll reinstall KSP and try again later.
Sorry for the muddle.

Log files got moved, read this:

Okay. I have uninstalled KSP, and deleted the entire contents of the installation folder. And emptied trash. Clean slate.
Reinstalled. Put Fusebox and dependencies in GameData, with latest ModuleManager.
Started the game. As fresh as it can get.
As you will see in the screenshots, my choice of parts is limited to that strut (I assume the fuel-line was there, also, but didn't check).

I left the game with the proper quit buttons, and went looking for the old output_log.txt. Not there.
I did find a "KSP.log" file. Is that it? In case it is, it is here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qXdCLNJW0nopExbq-7t6_80hiAnU1SCT

EDIT: I had still be typing when you replied, @linuxgurugamer. Thank you. The movement of the logfile had passed me by. This here should be the appropriate logfile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15od06dj5Jd_BzdsGa8sqr7mk83doCJmk

firstrun.png

Edited by DerGolgo

Just to be sure.
Started the game once more, "clean". Only the Squad folder and ModuleManager in GameData, and the files ModuleManager creates.
Screenshot
Logfile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x8SKqdXKVuM-MfIZsBlaSd0gOgFbbhQ9

Then with
FuseboxContinued 0.1.16.1
ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.6.2
ToolbarControl 0.1.5.8
Screenshot
Logfile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NuAIznz5Tc0AiLVluTVanfofvL-qjrr8
These screenshots are sans watermark, but as you will see in the logfiles, the KSP version is 1.4.2.2110

And then with FuseboxContinued and missing the dependencies.
Screen looked the same as before.
Logfile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AuFU9Ql39zTMkF7iOhTjz9oyu1a9Enes

To reiterate: This is the fresh, virginal install I did today, that nothing but FuseboxContinued and its dependencies have meddled with.
I will now give it a try with the older version you recommended earlier.

EDIT: I launched the game with FuseboxContinued 0.1.15.2, ToolbarControl and ClickThroughBlocker (versions see above).
The problem does not occur. Everything looks normal in the VAB, at first glance. I didn't try it out, don't have the time right now.
Did grab the logfile, though, just to round things off: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vi0nYEpg4nP4VW7Eq4wN3abZyYM7C7G8

Edited by DerGolgo
Mo'Cowbell

1 hour ago, DerGolgo said:

DIT: I launched the game with FuseboxContinued 0.1.15.2, ToolbarControl and ClickThroughBlocker (versions see above).
The problem does not occur. Everything looks normal in the VAB, at first glance. I didn't try it out, don't have the time right now.
Did grab the logfile, though, just to round things off: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vi0nYEpg4nP4VW7Eq4wN3abZyYM7C7G8

That version was for KSP 1.3.1.  I'll look at the log files, thanks for posting them

I see the problem, something is missing in the Fusebox dll.

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'Fusebox' has not met dependency 'ToolbarController' V1.0.0

You are missing the ToolbarController, which is a dependency

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

That version was for KSP 1.3.1.  I'll look at the log files, thanks for posting them

@linuxgurugamer Because once I look, I see misunderstandings everywhere (I've done tech support for the cable company, so ...)
Only the final attempt was with the old, retired version. The old pro knew what it was doing, and no evident problems materialized with it.
It's the new guy what's causing all the ruckus, 0.1.16.1 isn't playing nice with anyone except a strut and a fuel line.

Just now, DerGolgo said:

@linuxgurugamer Because once I look, I see misunderstandings everywhere (I've done tech support for the cable company, so ...)
Only the final attempt was with the old, retired version. The old pro knew what it was doing, and no evident problems materialized with it.
It's the new guy what's causing all the ruckus, 0.1.16.1 isn't playing nice with anyone except a strut and a fuel line.

I understand that.

The problem is that you are missing the ToolbarController, therefore Fusebox doesn't load, which causes all the problems

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I understand that.

The problem is that you are missing the ToolbarController, therefore Fusebox doesn't load, which causes all the problems

That was one of several attempt.
Another one was with ToolbarControl, and with ClickthroughBlocker. I listed the respective versions of the two above, with the separate logfile.
This one:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NuAIznz5Tc0AiLVluTVanfofvL-qjrr8/view

The problem occurred, even when the two were present.
As above, this is what the VAB looked like when I started the game with all three mods, ModuleManager, and no other addons.
withfusebox.png

Edited by DerGolgo

According to the latest log file, the ToolbarController is NOT there.

You can look at the file  yourself.  The following line is what you should see for Fusebox:

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FuseboxContinued\Plugins\Fusebox.dll

If Toolbarcontroller was installed, you would see something like:

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ToolbarController\Plugins\ToolbarController.dll

and it's not there

@linuxgurugamer thank you for your patience!

I had Toolbar Controller in there, v 0.1.5.8. It's listed as a "non-platform assembly", and crops up in a few more places.

I've just downloaded the latest version, and now, all appears to work fine.
I thought I had it all up-to-date, but evidently failed in that quest. Sorry for taking up so much of your time!

• 1 month later...

Great little life saver. I stopped using the calculator that much, and the dark time is a savior.

I don't know if this mod is just getting maintenance updates but it would be cool if it could calculate the energy of solar panels in dependence with the planet you choose.

Hello! Is there any chance of viewing the list of parts with their actual current consuption? Sometimes its really, really hard to undestand whats draining the power throuh catecory check-uncheck

For example i have a tiiiiiiiiny sat with two Z-200, Probodyne QBE, 3 OX-2m panels and Communotron 16 and HG-5R antennas... When it goes into darkness, it shows consumption of 0.44 per sec!!! holy sh, its just too much for such a tiny thing. 

And whats suprizing me, is that the 0.4 of this value fall into RTG/Gens category in Fusebox (unclicking gives me 0.04/sec)... How is it possible? There isnt even a sniff of generator or RTG on board... And in any case, they wouldve generated power, not consumed it..... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 4:09 PM, basila said:

I can not find build for KSP 1.1.3. Did it ever exist? Dont't ask why I need such old version)

Look in the original  thread here:

Hmmm, looks like 1.2.2 was skipped 

edit: First 1.2.2 version was my release

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 6/20/2018 at 5:55 PM, basila said:

Did you mean 1.1.3? I have versions for 1.0.5 and 1.2.2, works fine with related versions, but not with 1.1.3.

One of the most useful mod in RSS+RO.

I took it over for 1.2.2.  Best I can say is look here:

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/fusebox/files

where all of the old files are.  Otherwise, you would have to take the 1.2.2. source  and try compiling it against 1.1.3

@linuxgurugamer another issue with the new build.

Extract from a Discord chat (because I forgot to copy the log before I removed FuseBox and booted up KSP again):

F***CK - and I don't know if the allegedly fixed FuseBox mod is the reason or my change to the Shielding cost or something totally different: In VAB, I choose a BDB Apollo pod. I right-click it - I want to test the shielding cost. Right clicking just inflates the built-in bouyancy module from ComfortableLanding mod (I had no issue with that one and it was not updated). No context-menu! And the log is spammed with this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at UIPartActionVariantSelector.RefreshVariantButtons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UIPartActionVariantSelector.Setup (.UIPartActionWindow window, .Part part, .PartModule partModule, UI_Scene scene, .UI_Control control, .BaseField field) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UIPartActionWindow.AddFieldControl (.BaseField field, .Part part, .PartModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UIPartActionWindow.CreatePartList (Boolean clearFirst) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UIPartActionWindow.UpdateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UIPartActionController.UpdateActiveWindows () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UIPartActionController.UpdateEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UIPartActionController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 (Filename: Line: -1)

and that:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at KERBALISM.Habitat.Set_inflation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at KERBALISM.Habitat.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 (Filename: Line: -1)

(bearbeitet)

And this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at KERBALISM.Configure.DoConfigure () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at KERBALISM.Configure.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 (Filename: Line: -1)

As it seems the spamming already began after choosing the pod and having it placed in the VAB. The inflating of the buoyancy module started after the right-click then.

removing FuseBox fixed it - but damn me, I didn't copy the log before this session to attach it to a report to LGG ... But at least I can copy it from this chat ...

Edited by Gordon Dry