[1.12.x] Fusebox Continued - electric charge tracker and build helper

linuxgurugamer

On 1/11/2018 at 1:27 PM, eightiesboi said:

+1 to this, commented on GitHub, willing to test a fix as necessary.

I have the same problem using RSS but I didn't connect it to Kopernicus which RSS uses. Could it be fixed with an overwrite config for module manager?

Edited by brooklyn666

4 hours ago, brooklyn666 said:

I have the same problem using RSS but I didn't connect it to Kopernicus which RSS uses. Could it be fixed with an overwright config for module manager?

I tested the fix in Stock + Kopernicus, Stock alone, and Stock + 103 other mods I run. It works. :) I tested career mode and sandbox.

19 hours ago, brooklyn666 said:

I have the same problem using RSS but I didn't connect it to Kopernicus which RSS uses. Could it be fixed with an overwright config for module manager?

Try this and please let me know how it works

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu96dgkfnvfpkk5/FuseBoxContinued-0.1.15.4.zip?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

Since the proposed fix has been tested by a large group of volunteers (okay, 2) and appears to work without blowing anything up, I'd like to request the fix be included in the next update. Until then, I suggest anyone that has Kopernicus installed and is experiencing the solar panels issue try the file in the dropbox folder above. 

As always, thank you @linuxgurugamer for this and the multitude of other mods you maintain and develop!

• 2 weeks later...

Does the latest version with the Kopernicus fix work with 1.2.2 as well? If not, how should I manually include the fix into the older version of this mod?

I want to use this with Realism Overhaul which the latest is currently on 1.2.2.

7 hours ago, ebigunso said:

Does the latest version with the Kopernicus fix work with 1.2.2 as well? If not, how should I manually include the fix into the older version of this mod?

I want to use this with Realism Overhaul which the latest is currently on 1.2.2.

It would have to be recompiled against 1.2.2.  Sorry, but more work than I'm willing to do at this time, especially with the upcoming 1.4 release

• 2 weeks later...

I have one small request.  The mod displays the max battery and the drain per second, so I can estimate how long it can run on battery on the dark side of a planet, but it would be nice if the mod did the math for me.  The mod displays 4 fields, would it be possible to add a 5th that gives that estimate.

7 hours ago, eberkain said:

I have one small request.  The mod displays the max battery and the drain per second, so I can estimate how long it can run on battery on the dark side of a planet, but it would be nice if the mod did the math for me.  The mod displays 4 fields, would it be possible to add a 5th that gives that estimate.

Open a github issue

7 hours ago, eberkain said:

Do you mean something other than the calculator in the VAB? It lets you set an altitude for any planet and gives the dark time. 

5 minutes ago, eberkain said:

The dark time is nice, but what do you compare it to? 

So what I do is use the filters to take out any power sources that are not light dependent (i.e. solar panels), compare the time listed to the dark time at the altitude. Does that make sense? Sorry, I need more caffeine.

On 5/6/2017 at 5:33 PM, New Horizons said:

In the VAB Fusebox is not working correctly. 

Entering an empty VAB gives unplausible readings in the Fusebox Window: Bat Max = 10, Drain = 6.18 and time = 0 in 01 s.

I started a new ship with only one probe core: Probodobodyn HECS.

The windows does not change, but it does in space later - there values seem to be correct.

Sometimes the window changes, when you right click on a part in the VAB ... can not reproduce it.

Is there a button to refresh Fusebox while building in the VAB

Should the text really be green, when there is more drain than generation of energy?

And why is the timer not counting, when energy level drop during flight?

I have this problem too.

In VAB there is always a drain of 6 for antenna. this is for all probes or capsules.

https://ibb.co/gmwPfx

on the launch pad it is OK

https://ibb.co/e3wqLx

what is this drain of 6?

1 hour ago, sralica said:

I have this problem too.

In VAB there is always a drain of 6 for antenna. this is for all probes or capsules.

https://ibb.co/gmwPfx

on the launch pad it is OK

https://ibb.co/e3wqLx

what is this drain of 6?

Fusebox is showing the MAXIMUM drain of EC in the VAB, not the normal.  So yes, it is the drain while transmitting data, most likely

It would be nice to have a special filter category for this drain of 6 for all probes and capsules. Because as is the estimate for electric usage for a small satellite is completely useless.

4 hours ago, sralica said:

It would be nice to have a special filter category for this drain of 6 for all probes and capsules. Because as is the estimate for electric usage for a small satellite is completely useless.

The category is "Antennas"; it is already in the filter list and has been for quite a long time. Also, the estimate is not at all useless. If you are transmitting a telemetry report, you will indeed experience the listed drain for the duration of the data transfer. If you have a small battery on your small satellite, you may very well drain it completely in a single transmission, after which you might curse Fusebox for not providing the correct information on maximum drain.

What I do is build a satellite, then use the filters to determine what my minimum and maximum drains are going to be, based on what I know the satellite will be used for. If, for example, it is a relay comms sat and will NEVER transmit science data, then I can safely filter out the "Antennas" portion. If, on the other hand, it is a Mapping Sat that will rarely transmit data, but when it does it will be in one long chunk, then knowing how long I can function at maximum load is useful.

Edited by eightiesboi

• 4 weeks later...