To all craft makers: What will be considered stock?

As topic. With the DLC, depend on who someone ask, it can be considered stock. So here's my question:

1. Can DLC required crafts considered stock?
  2. Should we have a clear distinction between those that just need the base game and those that need DLC?
  3. Would you be building DLC-crafts going forward, or would you stick to your gun that just need the base game, or go the other way to do modded crafts?

I'll most likely be getting the DLC so I'll probably be making spacecraft with it. Whether those will be spacecraft that I release for download will depend on what parts are added by the DLC and whether they're useful for my design styles, rather than the concept of DLC itself. I already make modded craft so I know not everyone's going to be able to download and use them; in fact, I expect more people will have the DLC than the number of people who have the full set of mods that are required for my entire spacecraft portfolio to work.

I would anticipate that on KerbalX there will be a category added for spacecraft which require paid DLC in order to function. There will still be spacecraft uploaded which do not require it, and players who do not have the DLC would presumably be able to narrow down their searches to exclude DLC craft.

Edited by eloquentJane

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

"Stock Plus™"

^^

As a stock only builder, I will definitely be trying out the expansion parts. I'm still finding tons of new ways to use the old parts but something new that is "official" is gonna be awesome!

Edited by Krog34

I enjoy building as much as flying, and for me part mods are taboo. However I'm going to think of the DLC like the Kerbin cup and asteroid day in that it's official squad content. Though I think most of the parts will be fairly niche, more like a lego set than a big box lego pieces, I cannot wait for more parts. At one point I had a 6 month hiatus from ksp and when I repented my sins  came back I downloaded the newest uptdate and spent 20 minutes just admiring the new parts. ("Slanted adapters! What the HELL?") 

I think KSP+DLC1 will be the new stock. 

We'll just have to add the caveat "Craft won't work without DLC1" for a while. 

Anyway...with the open nature of KSP, it is going to be rather tricky to stop someone without the DLC downloading the new parts from somewhere and throwing them into a GameData directory. For this reason I suspect (or hope) that the new parts may be free and it is all the mission building stuff that will need to be paid for. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.