What UCS replica would you like to see me do (your vote is important)

Since i'm not shearing any crafts, i taught this would fit here a little better. Seems it belongs in the Spacecraft exchange after-all.

Anyways. The time of wait is here, all the mods are broken again, and my want for doing something in KSP grows ever larger.

so to use this time a little better, i desided to put up a little "election" if you will.

I wanted to do this mainly cause i was having a hard time deciding that what i should build next, and cause the project ended up being quite popular (huge thanks for that :D).

There have also been a few suggestions in the comments, so what better way than to make an official place in witch top put all those suggestion.

(Sorry for not remembering to include this). You might be wondering that what is this UCS replica thing your talking about.

Well, They, just like the Lego UCS models, are supersized and superdetailed replicas, made in a bigger than 1:1 scale.

TZcBifp.png

So here's how it works:

Each person can put 1-5 suggestions for a craft down in the comments, or you can just put a like into someones comment.

Atmospheric aircraft's only please (choppers, boats, tanks and what not are for another day :wink:).

I will be picking the ones that get the most suggestions/likes, i will also be looking at witch ones would be most interesting to make.

If there are enough suggestions I will start working once 1.3 arrives and all the mods are up to date again.

Big aircrafts are a little broken right now, so im hoping that the 1.3.1 update will fix this issue of big aircrafts exploding on the runway.

Sorry for the delay.

So start voting/suggesting, and you might be able to see your favorite plane in glorious detail :wink:

Planes suggested/reguested so far.

WW2:

BF-109. I have chosen to make the G-6 version.

Spitfire. My choise would be the later Griffon engined Photo reconnaissance version MK.XIX.

FW-190.

Zero.

P-51 Mustang.

P-47 Thunderbolt.

P-38 Lightning.

B-17.

B-29 with or without Bell X-1.

HE-111.

WW1:

Sopwith camel.

Fokker DR.I.

Coldwar/modern day:

C-130.

Chinook.

Civilian stuff

High supersonic / low hypersonic passenger aircraft? If this means SST aircrafts in general, my choise would be the Boeing 2707 SST Clipper.

Wright flyer.

Spruce goose.

Edited by kapteenipirk
a list of all currently suggested planes.

15 hours ago, notsodeadjeb said:

Chinook Helicopter

I would actually quite love to make that since it's my favorite chopper :D.

Not sure how i would be able to power it tough. KAX rotors and what not get a little tiny at these huge scales.

Hmm, im going to have to think about that one.

15 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

High supersonic / low hypersonic passenger aircraft?

So basically the Concorde or the TU-144?

Hmm, Might be interesting to try, tough i fear that the part count might be a BIT of an issue.

5 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

B17?

Ah yes, my all time favorite aircraft.

It would be quite lovely to make a USC scale one...but i'm not sure if it would end up being that better compared to my previous attempt at making a super detailed replica of it.

Well, it can always be made better :wink:, but how big am i willing to let the part count be :confused:

Definetly gonna have to think hard on this one.

11 hours ago, Munbro Kerman said:

B-29 with the Bell X-1, or just the B-29 alone.

I think that the same goes for the B-29 as for the B-17.

Tough this time i think it's about as good as it can get without it being too part heavy.

So i don't think i really feel the need to make another :/.

But, as with all the suggestions here, if support is high enough, then why not :wink:.

11 hours ago, Servo said:

You've made the Hurricane, why not complete the iconic WWII fighters?

P-51 Mustang, Supermarine Spitfire, BF-109, Fw-190, Zero

Because i don't think ill end up doing that many of these :/ (it's alot of work for something that isn't very functional). So that's why i'm asking from you guys that what you wanna see the most.

Then i can take the top suggestions and make em, as well as propably making a few of my own picks.

So, if they end up being the ones people wanna see the most, then ill gladly make em :D.

19 hours ago, Servo said:

You've made the Hurricane, why not complete the iconic WWII fighters?

P-51 Mustang, Supermarine Spitfire, BF-109, Fw-190, Zero

I'm rebuilding my stock turboprop Fw-190 Anton. If you're into that kind of stuff, I can give you a link.

Just now, Azimech said:

I'm rebuilding my stock turboprop Fw-190 Anton. If you're into that kind of stuff, I can give you a link.

That would be great! I find prop planes so much cooler than jets, but I've never dedicated the time to getting good at turboshafts.

7 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Because i don't think ill end up doing that many of these :/ 

I didn't expect you to make all of them! :P It's just that those are the most iconic prop planes that I'd love to see replicated. Any single one would be awesome!

2 minutes ago, Servo said:

That would be great! I find prop planes so much cooler than jets, but I've never dedicated the time to getting good at turboshafts.

I didn't expect you to make all of them! :P It's just that those are the most iconic prop planes that I'd love to see replicated. Any single one would be awesome!

Okay ... this is becoming this.

39 minutes ago, Servo said:

I think the BF-109 is going to be an inevitability.

43 minutes ago, Azimech said:

this.

Wow :o, guess i can take the FW-190 off my list :wink:.

45 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

What about the P-47 or the P-38? Or the Wright Flyer? Or the Sopwith Camel or Fokker Triplane (Kerbpaint not included :P)

The P-47 has never really caught to me :/, but, the P-38 tough, what an absolute beauty!

The Wright flyer is the father of powered flight, and that alone makes it worthy of a proper replication.

The Camel and the Triplane would make for an awesome pair :D. The Albatros D.V would be an absolute beauty aswell.

Man, i wish i could use KerbPaint for these ;.;;.;, that would make them 200% more awesome :sticktongue:.

53 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Or the "Spruce Goose", or maybe even a C-130?

The parts, THE PARTS :confused::0.0::confused:. It would make for a great minibuild tough :wink:.

The C-130 would make for a pretty nice build, tough making a working cargo ramp, that might end up being a bit problematic at these scales.

8 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

I think the BF-109 is going to be an inevitability.

Wow :o, guess i can take the FW-190 off my list :wink:.

Man, i wish i could use KerbPaint for these ;.;;.;, that would make them 200% more awesome :sticktongue:.

The parts, THE PARTS :confused::0.0::confused:. It would make for a great minibuild tough :wink:.

The C-130 would make for a pretty nice build, tough making a working cargo ramp, that might end up being a bit problematic at these scales.

Thanks, I'm curious to see your bf 109. Decided which version yet?

You can use KerbPaint but ... currently paintable parts do not produce a shadow and unpaintable parts can be seen through other parts. And you need a custom config to make more parts paintable. Someone made a few and I've added a few as well.

C-130: look for EJ_SA on KerbalX. He's made multiple giant stock aircraft using a working cargo ramp and/or nose.

The later Bf 109 versions, like the G-6 or G-14 are usually neglected - Most replicas I've seen are usually based on the E-4. 

How about an He 111 for a challenge? It's a bomber that's usually forgotten, outshone by the American four-engined ones..

Edited by Columbia

On ‎23‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 7:21 AM, Azimech said:

Thanks, I'm curious to see your bf 109. Decided which version yet?

On ‎23‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 8:24 AM, Columbia said:

The later Bf 109 versions, like the G-6 or G-14 are usually neglected - Most replicas I've seen are usually based on the E-4. 

I think the G-6 is going to be my choice, cuz that's what the Finns used in the continuation war :).

The HE-111 would make for a pretty interesting and fun little build.

2 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

I think the G-6 is going to be my choice, cuz that's what the Finns used in the continuation war :).

The HE-111 would make for a pretty interesting and fun little build.

If you ever decide to build a stock turboprop, the Brewster Buffalo is a fine choice and seems a bit of a legend in the Finnish air force. While the Finns liked it and highly successful against Soviet aircraft, the Dutch called it the "flying coffin" because it was inadequate against Japanese fighters early in the war.
Aircraft based on radial engines are easier for building turboprops although I've built my Bf 109 using a "flat" turboprop.

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

If you ever decide to build a stock turboprop, the Brewster Buffalo is a fine choice and seems a bit of a legend in the Finnish air force. While the Finns liked it and highly successful against Soviet aircraft, the Dutch called it the "flying coffin" because it was inadequate against Japanese fighters early in the war.
Aircraft based on radial engines are easier for building turboprops although I've built my Bf 109 using a "flat" turboprop.

Ah yes, that stubby little thing that i'm not much of a fan of :/.

I'd rather go for the Gloster Gladiator, not only because it's a biplane (gives me that extra help due to extra lift and maneuverability) , but because i think its damn good looking as well :D.

The P-36 Hawk (aka Hawk 75) could work as-well i think.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:58 PM, kapteenipirk said:

And IIRC over 1/3rd of Bf 109s were G-6s - It really was the definitive variant IMO, even if it wasn't exactly the best.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

If you have any suggestions/requests, don't forget to drop them, as i could really use some more suggestions to help me narrow down the definite choices and widen the possible choices.

Maybe some jets? With turbo-fans?

F-5E-3 pls...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.