Enhancing Career Mode

Candlelight

I'm sure a ton of people already asked this, but can any of you guys give me a list of a few add-ons that can enhance, yet not completely overhaul Career Mode. Can you pin-point me some mods that don't necessarily add new parts to the game, because i still want to keep it vanilla, but i can make exceptions. I know some of you may argue that stock KSP has been boring for a while now, but hey, there's no "right" or "wrong" way to play KSP, eh?

Here's a work-in-progress modlist I am currently assembling for a future playthrough: http://pastebin.com/FFJMRyJu

I organize my mods into five different categories. If you're looking to enhance your experience without actually affecting the gameplay, then look at Aesthetics and Utilities. None of them really add parts (well, Kerbal Engineer adds two optional ones). All those will do is give you little tools, quality of life fixes, and better graphics. If you're unsure about what exactly each ones does - you can find threads for all of them somewhere here on the forums. Just one or two might actually be hidden in someone's "big collection of small plugins" thread, but if you just search for the name it should turn up.

I think, community tech tree and unmanned before manned as well

And add life support (USI or Kerbalism), EVA fuel, KIS/KAS, Persistant Rotation, Precise Maneuver, EVA chutes... , ScanSat, Dmagic Orbital Science

I started to mod my game with visuals, then gameplay effects, and then, oh boy...

PARTSSS!!!!

On 3/20/2017 at 3:38 PM, CEVgaming said:

I'm sure a ton of people already asked this, but can any of you guys give me a list of a few add-ons that can enhance, yet not completely overhaul Career Mode. Can you pin-point me some mods that don't necessarily add new parts to the game, because i still want to keep it vanilla, but i can make exceptions. I know some of you may argue that stock KSP has been boring for a while now, but hey, there's no "right" or "wrong" way to play KSP, eh?

There are quite a few contract packs which I find essential in my career games.  There are a lot that I think are fully compatible with stock (meaning no extra parts necessary).  But I would consider adding in DMagic Orbital Science.  Lots of new experiments.  I play with over 80 mods in my current career plus I've created my own set of part mods for those mods.  I don't care for sandbox unless I'm experimenting so I only play career games.  If it wasn't for the additional science and contracts I'd probably have gotten bored long ago.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.