three minute challenge reboot.

this challenge used to be on the very first page of the challenges list. it is where you have three minutes from launch to get as far away from kerbin as possible. 

1. no cheats or mods

2. its counted as how far in height from kerbin you get in three minutes. since I doubt that anyone without cheats or modes could get out of kerbins soi in three minutes.

3. proof,  pic of stock in-game clock at three minutes and the altitude. videos also accepted, even wanted.

4. if exploited, please say how. seperate 

if you need more info then just ask.

need to watch dog, post my attempt tomorrow.

leader board:

1. thomas h. with 1318 km

2. cunjo carl with 1134 km

3. man eating ape with 830 km

Edited by rockets-don't-make-toast

Can I use a Kraken drive?

*Insert Evil Laugh Here*

Since I know you are going to say no, I would like to propose a second category that includes stock exploits, such as Kraken drives and/or decoupler spamming.

EDIT: Using no Kraken drives I managed to get a bit above 300KM. Proof coming tomorrow.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

@ManEatingApe I love how it transitions straight from an enormous kickback to the itty-bitty sparks! Also, nice use of sepratrons as finishers. They really pack a wallop when pushing tiny cores, huh.

@rockets-don't-make-toast Are we talking in-game time or real time? I have an old design (v1.0.5) that rockets up quite quick by the KSP clock, but lags like a snail on a stroll in real life, so for my case it's kinda important.

@Ultimate Steve What kraken drive goes that fast? I'm super curious to see this.

Edited by Cunjo Carl

@Cunjo Carl The OP mentions the in game clock, so dust off that CPU destroying monster and take it for a spin! 

On 21/03/2017 at 2:40 AM, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

3. proof,  pic of stock in-game clock at three minutes and the altitude. videos also accepted, even wanted.

If your craft can survive the obsidian like atmo of 1.0.5 then it should have no problems with the marshmallow like softness of the 1.2 aero model. :)

@ManEatingApe Don't ask me how I missed that! It's been a paperwork week at work, I guess my eyes are boggled. Thanks for the word- it's flying time!

Got a 1111km on a new ship design I decided to toss together. It's recorded, processed, cut and timed, but I'll have to upload later today.

Edit: Yay!

video title may be tongue-and-cheek.

Edited by Cunjo Carl

my attempt crashed the game, I had a big first stage and I had five engines in a four on the side on in the middle for the second stage but when I went to put the first stage on again but it accidentally connected to the four side engines so there was now FOUR big first stages and I was like: "okay" so I went with it. it 10 g's but then it crashed. trying again later or tomorrow. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.