Lack of information about Clamp-o-trons

I have been searching on and off for days about Clamp-o-trons and what you can do with them. First off, what is the difference between the CoT docking and CoT contstruction ports? Second, can they transfer crew members or not? Because I've loaded up different configurations on the launch pad and tried to complete an internal crew transfer, but it never works; the description says "passable: yes", "Has hatch: yes", "passable nodes: all". The description says ".... kerbals have to hold thier breath and wiggle through..." and these things are used to dock modules to a space station. 

So, do CoT's facilitate internal (not EVA) crew transfer or not, because not knowing is severely hampering me continuing my Mun program.

Are you using mods? Exactly how are you trying to do the "internal crew transfer"? Because it always works for me. There is no barrier to transferring crew within a single vessel -- no part, no matter how small, will block an internal crew transfer.

20 minutes ago, bewing said:

Are you using mods? Exactly how are you trying to do the "internal crew transfer"? Because it always works for me. There is no barrier to transferring crew within a single vessel -- no part, no matter how small, will block an internal crew transfer.

https://imageshack.us/i/plNMbFstp

I'm using a lot of mods, including Connected Living Spaces, which makes this more confusing. I can not remember if vanilla game allowed this internal transfer, though.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmyOe76Ep

https://imageshack.com/i/po0FS3Zlp

https://imageshack.com/i/pmvIaC0Gp

Here, I used two CoT Jr. Construction ports because for some reason the docking variant doesn't snap to the node, though the docking variant was remaining green so it was possible to manually center. But, I'm out on the pad and I'm showing that landing can is right side up because the door is supposed to be on the top and the crew cabin has a door on both sides. 

P.S. - sorry, idk why the images aren't showing in post.

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson

If you are using Connected Living Spaces, you have to right click on the docking port and select "open hatch" in order to transfer crew.  But as they said above, that is only the case with CLS.  In the stock game you can move crew wherever you want without worrying about hatches.  I'm not sure what construction ports are either, those aren't in the stock game, so they sound like parts from a mod.  There are only six docking ports in stock, the Clamp-o-Tron, Clamp-o-Tron jr., Clamp-o-Tron Sr., Inline Clamp-o-Tron, Shielded Clamp-o-Tron, and Mk-2 shielded Clamp-o-Tron.

Interesting side fact, docking ports in game are paired by size, so in most cases you can mate any mod or stock port to any other port that is the same diameter.  Although there are a few cases where modders cheated by using keyed geometry and other tricks so that they won't fit other ports.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

I looked through my mods and the construction ports came from the USI mods. I also un/reinstalled the CLS and Konstruction mods because earlier today my EVE and texture replacer mods were not working in game, until i did the same thing. Just loaded up and am going to try again.

Solved: Okay, I don't know if it was the reinstall or restart of if i'm just dumb, but I went back to the same Landing Can/crew cabin set up and was able to get the Docking port Jr. to snap to the can's node by holding it at a specific angle above the node; the game just seems to be picky and simply attaching the port manually/radially to the top of the can doesn't fly.

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson
Solved

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.