Addon Localization Home

DMagic

Just now, HebaruSan said:

Both ways work fine. You can also have multiple language blocks within a single Localization block; from DMagic's own mod:

https://github.com/DMagic1/KSP_Science_Relay/blob/v4.1/GameData/ScienceRelay/Resources/Localization/ScienceRelayLocalization.cfg

Thank you.:) Would have saved a few lines if I would have dug a little deeper. :confused:

I'll throw my mods in here as well!

There should be a small localization instructions file called Localization.md in each of the links above. Word and line counts are approximate, probably only 80% accurate.

Current translation states:

Edited by Nertea

@DMagic greeting from Japan.

I made the contact place for the localization into Japanese in the Japanese section.

Because descriptions on it is under progress yet, there are only Japanese explanation now.

I can't guess how many Japanese speaker will be able to participate that thread and localization work, but I want to and will make it useful thread for working of localization.

If you want what helping you, please give me a call. Thank you.

Chinese localization contacting thread here.

Chinese section is not as active as like Russian and Spanish here, but we're trying to promote this in our own community,

Russian language updates:

@DMagic According to our translation champion vladimir_v :

• Community Tech Tree
  • Contracts Window + (Plus two associated mods One; Two)

got Russian translation.

Edit: he also translated:

• Cryo Tanks

, and improved:

• Cryo Engines, which was originally translated into Rus. by Next_Star_Industries

Please update main list, thank you!

Edited by Kerbal101

@DMagic

Hi again..

I have found a few more mods to add to the main list.
Both are already translated into Spanish and their owners are informed
through PM.

StageColorPlugin by @HuXTUS

RoverScience Continued by @Aelfhe1m "(Github Localization)" ... needs [Russian] [Chinese] [Japanese]

Edited by fitiales

@HuXTUS @fitiales @Aelfhe1m Pull+push is more efficient than just push..

It would me more efficient, if Mod Makers would also (in addition) write a message into Translation Discussion Groups for the language they are seeking, instead of only asking here. :)

Of course, the feedback about translation progress should always be reported here.

Btw, @HuXTUS we also have russian forum, everyone is always welcome there :)

1 hour ago, Kerbal101 said:

Btw, am I the only one who finds syncing progress between the global table (listing all) and local tables (in disc. groups) hard?

We should do something about it..

You are right, I can rearrange a list with what is already done and with what remains to be done.

However, I have seen in the Russian subforum the same error as I have committed. Actually the mod SuitRefuel has not been translation , instead it is StageColorPlugin... As Huxtus explained earlier

@fitiales I am actually thinking about dropping  edit: I have dropped ( it and it works pretty good) "not translated" / "translated fields" from local threads ("discussion groups") altogether.

Because syncing local thread to global thread every time is a) time consuming b) introduces update lag c) introduces chaos.

Storing the whole thing in spreadsheet will only overcomplicate the whole, so its rejected.

Instead I have the following structure  in mind: for local threads (or at least - the one I curate):

[explaination*]
[translator hall of fame/contacts]
[mono-language translated section + who translated]
[mods asked for translation in local thread]
[link to global thread]

* this explanation should include instruction where/how to locate translated and untranslated mod in local language, as untranslated/translated list is gone from local thread.
Translators are required to open global thread and find the mod with help of instructions, as they are  expected to understand and read English anyway.
The local also includes translator hall of fame (for fame and direct contact) as well as list of mods who asked directly in local thread for specific translation.

Benefits:
- no need to sync local thread with global thread
- local thread only has to list "who translated what" from your (local) language and translators
- removes chaos/duplicates/lag
- updates are as fast, as the global list is

edit:
- it works good so far

Edited by Kerbal101
post simplified

@Teilnehmer The two lists serve very different purposes. The first simply allows players to find mods that are translated into their language. The second allows translators to find mods in need of translation. That's why the links for the respective lists aren't the same.

3 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

to distinguish between "done" and "not done/request"

Well, I don’t mind. I just thought it was obvious that if something was not “done” then it was “not done” :)

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

That's why the links for the respective lists aren't the same.

I see. But wouldn’t it be even clearer if the links were marked explicitly, like this:

ModName (thread) (github folder)[Spanish] [Russian] [Japanese]

Edited by Teilnehmer

Hi!

Suit Refuel plugin need localization. I already have English, Spanish (thx @fitiales) , Chinese ( @Acea) and Russian languages, requesting all other.

Forum link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163185-13-suit-refuel/

Github link: https://github.com/HuXTUS/KSP-SuitRefuelPlugin/tree/master/Localization

This mod is very small, only 12 strings of text.

Good day.

Edited by HuXTUS
added Spanish and Chinese

19 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

Dr. Jet's Chop Shop need some help with translation (Spanish, Chinese, Japanese).

In process for Spanish...

18 hours ago, HuXTUS said:

Suit Refuel plugin need localization. I already have English and Russian languages, requesting all other.

Spanish finalized. See in Github.

On 17/07/2017 at 4:22 AM, Nils277 said:

Feline Utility Rovers now supports three new languages: chinese, (brazilian) portuguese and german.

Feline Utility Rovers - [Russian] [Spanish] [Chinese] [Portuguese] [German]

Feline Utility Rovers - 1968 Words - Japanese (and non-stock languages)

just created this thread:

In it, I say something like "there are no mods in Portuguese yet, and they don't even know they want it". Thanks for proving me wrong XD