Addon Localization Home

DMagic

Hi!

I would like to seek your assistance to localize 2 lines of total 5 words for a simple interface mod, CommNet Visualisation.

9jW1vOQ.png

The localization file is available to translate. I think I may have the Russian translation in progress. Done.

You can either reply to my post your translation or create a pull request on Github (more work though).

Thanks.

Edited by TaxiService

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 9:56 AM, IgorZ said:

Some of my mods are now ready for the localization. The localization files are commented to let the translators the GUI strings context.

Any language is welcome. Just let me know when you have a complete file, and I'll include it into the next release.

The translation for these two mods in Spanish has been completed.

I´ve sent a Pull Request.

On 12/1/2018 at 1:01 AM, Beale said:

I am a lazy boy. :D

Soon! I promise

The translation for your two mods in Spanish has been completed too. Tantares and TantaresLV.

On 14/1/2018 at 1:58 PM, TaxiService said:

Hi!

I would like to seek your assistance to localize 2 lines of total 5 words for a simple interface mod, CommNet Visualisation.

9jW1vOQ.png

The localization file is available to translate. I think I may have the Russian translation in progress. Done.

You can either reply to my post your translation or create a pull request on Github (more work though).

Thanks.

The translation for your mod in Spanish has been completed.

On 17/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, flart said:

Hi, Speed Unit Annex already has Russian and German translation. 

Translations to any other languages are welcomed! github, 20 lines, 50 words

It has already been merged, but it is also announced that it is complete.

All these mods and more are shown on the page of the Spanish section of MODS TRANSLATION // CENTRAL DE AYUDA

@DMagic

KSP Interstellar Extended  need translators

Localization files can be found at GitHub

Since KSPIE contains many parts with their own set of custom partModules, the number of translation keys is reasonably high for a single Mod

Spanish and Chinese translations are already taken care of but all other localization are open

Please mention any translation work at KSPIE development tread

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

All of the entries have been updated to reflect their status with regards to the new stock translations available. Quite a few already have German translations and a couple have Portuguese, but basically all will need French and Italian translations.

If there are language discussion groups somewhere for any of the new languages let me know so I can link to them in the first post.

Hi there
A french group for localization is in progress. We are still a few searching for organization. Let us know in our thread how to work (For the moment i upload all my work on my github).
The front post is editing right know for clarity of reading
See you there.

Edited by Rezza Goan

6 minutes ago, Doom Doon said:

Hi

I want to translate the game into Arabic, what do I do ?

Does the game accept texts from right to left ?

I'm fairly sure it's just replacing placeholders with text strings. A few things might look a bit of being left justified, but I can't see why you shouldn't leap into this and just see.

40 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

I'm fairly sure it's just replacing placeholders with text strings. A few things might look a bit of being left justified, but I can't see why you shouldn't leap into this and just see.

The game does not accept Arabic words or letters :(

https://i.imgur.com/ccclSvq.png

Edited by Doom Doon

On 17/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, flart said:

Hi, a translation Speed Unit Annex to Japanese, Chinese (S),  French, Italian or Portuguese-Brazilian are welcomed! github, 20 lines

Hi @flart. Even if my English is bad, the few lines of your mod I managed to translate them easily. So here is the translation in Italian language:
https://pastebin.com/JGj6RHGb

Edited by Simog

Kerbal Planetary Base System is now also translated into german:

Kerbal Planetary Base System now needs translations into Italian 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f, French 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f, Brazilian Portuguese THVD1ot.jpg and Japanese M93S44Z.png

Feline Utility Rovers now needs translations into Italian 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f, French 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f and Japanese M93S44Z.png

Edited by Nils277

9 hours ago, Doom Doon said:

The game does not accept Arabic words or letters :(

https://i.imgur.com/ccclSvq.png

Oh.  Their font is clearly missing the full Unicode set.  I don't happen to knowhow to either extend their font or get the game to use another, but this is the topic to ask in.  Sadly, it doesn't look like it will be as easy as I thought it might be.  Sorry.

For KPBS and FUR i created small flags to show the supported languages. If anyone wants to use them too, you can download them from: here
They are licensed under the CC0 (Public Domain).

Included are:

American English pCUz5E2.png
Russian mFRcn0a.png
Spanish cXO4NUi.png
Chinese JyqfJ1P.png
Japanese M93S44Z.png
German SuHOnKm.png
French r27hbde.png
Italian qg9rZcs.png
Brazilian Portuguese         bYvpByj.png

Edited by Nils277

On 19/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, Nils277 said:

Kerbal Planetary Base System is now also translated into german:

Kerbal Planetary Base System now needs translations into Italian 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f, French 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f, Brazilian Portuguese THVD1ot.jpg and Japanese M93S44Z.png

Feline Utility Rovers now needs translations into Italian 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f, French 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f and Japanese M93S44Z.png

Italain Translation for the Feline Rover. My English is a bit limited, I hope I have translated everything right. However better than nothing :-D

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apx9C9K7sjyIg0oRUwmzyml86h42

11 hours ago, Simog said:

Italain Translation for the Feline Rover. My English is a bit limited, I hope I have translated everything right. However better than nothing :-D

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apx9C9K7sjyIg0oRUwmzyml86h42

Thanks a lot!! :)

Edit: Hmm, with this FUR will be the first mod to be translated into italian. At least from what the list in the OP says :wink:  We still need a "color code" for it. What about [Italian]? or [Italian]?

Edit 2: Updated FUR. It now officially supports Italian!

Edited by Nils277

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks a lot!! :)

Edit: Hmm, with this FUR will be the first mod to be translated into italian. At least from what the list in the OP says :wink:  We still need a "color code" for it. What about [Italian]? or [Italian]?

Edit 2: Updated FUR. It now officially supports Italian!

Since [Chinese] and [Japanese] are already using colors that are usually assigned to Italy in international sports, Green in already used by [Portuguese] I think both solutions could be fine. Perhaps the tricolor? in this case for "ali" I would use a gray a little darker.

Edited by Simog

7 minutes ago, Simog said:

Since [Chinese] and [Japanese] are already using colors that are usually assigned to Italy in international sports, Green in already used by [Portuguese] I think both solutions could be fine. Perhaps the tricolor? in this case for "ali" I would use a gray a little darker.

Sounds good. [Italian] It would however seperate italian from all other languages which are single colored :wink: 
But at the end of the day, its @DMagics decision. There also needs to be a color for french. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the most exciting part of new translations is picking a new color. :P

I suppose I could change all of them to be more country-appropriate. Portuguese and Japanese could stay the same (because white would never work), black seems appropriate for German, Chinese could be yellow and Russian blue. I'm not sure about Spanish, all of the Spanish and Mexican flag colors would be taken, maybe also multicolored.

Also, does anyone know if there are Italian and German discussion groups?

Edited by DMagic

4 hours ago, DMagic said:

I suppose I could change all of them to be more country-appropriate. Portuguese and Japanese could stay the same (because white would never work), black seems appropriate for German, Chinese could be yellow and Russian blue. I'm not sure about Spanish, all of the Spanish and Mexican flag colors would be taken, maybe also multicolored.

Just to add more confusion : French should also be blue, or red

:cool: