Konstellation HLV

DocBones

On 9/28/2017 at 8:36 PM, Jhorriga said:

shoot. I like!

Will you make the hab lander more like the real life version?

Hi Jhorriga,

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

I am already working on a new version of the lander, a bit closer to the original. Also have added a few things to the current one. I will update as soon as possible.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

Add more Kopernicus parts (Engine, fuel tank, engine adapter)

And maybe add Korion (Orion)?

I am currently working on a larger version of the HLV closer to the original. I may also add a few parts not included in the original concept.

5m diameter, 15m long, engines with extending bell

Currently modeled and in game:

Frame

Engines and tanks

Aeroshell

None have been textured though.

Currently modeling habitat for frame.

The advantage is you can send up the hab, Cargo and a medium Rover in one launch.

The current hlv is to small to do this.

16 hours ago, DocBones said:

I am currently working on a larger version of the HLV closer to the original. I may also add a few parts not included in the original concept.

5m diameter, 15m long, engines with extending bell

Currently modeled and in game:

Frame

Engines and tanks

Aeroshell

None have been textured though.

Currently modeling habitat for frame.

The advantage is you can send up the hab, Cargo and a medium Rover in one launch.

The current hlv is to small to do this.

Can I ask what exactly IS an HLV? The OP informs me that the first one had horrible Cg problems and you're much happier with this one, that's about it as far as I can see. Is it just a giant lander, or is it meant to be an all-in-one mini-base? Can it be built for cargo?

3 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Can I ask what exactly IS an HLV? The OP informs me that the first one had horrible Cg problems and you're much happier with this one, that's about it as far as I can see. Is it just a giant lander, or is it meant to be an all-in-one mini-base? Can it be built for cargo?

The HLV, ( heavy landing vehicle or horizontal landing vehicle) whichever ticks your clock, is a multipurpose landing frame. It can be used to land a mini base with hab and science lab or transport a medium size rovers, the new version will be able to do both in a single launch, it is also used for cargo. The new version will have multiple cargo capabilities. The very first version I made had some CoM issues which have since then been fixed. The HLV 2, the current version, is 3.5m diameter. The HLV 3 the one I am currently working on is 5m and looks allot more like the original concept from NASA.

6 hours ago, DocBones said:

The HLV, ( heavy landing vehicle or horizontal landing vehicle) whichever ticks your clock, is a multipurpose landing frame. It can be used to land a mini base with hab and science lab or transport a medium size rovers, the new version will be able to do both in a single launch, it is also used for cargo. The new version will have multiple cargo capabilities. The very first version I made had some CoM issues which have since then been fixed. The HLV 2, the current version, is 3.5m diameter. The HLV 3 the one I am currently working on is 5m and looks allot more like the original concept from NASA.

Perfect, thanks. Please put it at the top of the OP so other folks who may be interested get a good clear explanation :)

• 7 months later...

Are you planing on making the launch vehicles for the mission?  And there is a bug when some parts deploy when they are brought into the VAB.  (The Explorer Comm Sat deploys its solar panels in the VAB and cannot be closed.  This is one example to help you :))

Ignore the bug. Its probably conflicting with other mods. I'll uninstall them and see if it works. 

It now works fine. I also installed the Firespitter plugin. Why does the game lag when the HLV Landing Frame in put into the VAB, but then its fine when I retract the landing legs?

Edited by Zombie8259

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well one could hope.. I wonder if it is something else Linux will take over. It was an interesting mod. Silentvelcro seems to have gone as well. He also had some great mods.

9 hours ago, Syrius said:

Well one could hope.. I wonder if it is something else Linux will take over. It was an interesting mod. Silentvelcro seems to have gone as well. He also had some great mods.

Linuxgurugamer is not an Modder. So he could only change the configs and some other little things but not build/texture new parts.
So, I testet it in 1.7 and it seems to work well.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:53 AM, Cheesecake said:

Linuxgurugamer is not an Modder. So he could only change the configs and some other little things but not build/texture new parts.
So, I testet it in 1.7 and it seems to work well.

I did not know that about Linux... He is one of my go to sources. I love his stuff. Also good to know about the HLV. Will have to download it.

I was working with Silent on mods... basically converting NASA stuff into designs he could build from. At the time I was working at NASA.

Syrius

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.