shoot. I like!

Will you make the hab lander more like the real life version?

On 9/28/2017 at 8:36 PM, Jhorriga said:

shoot. I like!

Will you make the hab lander more like the real life version?

Hi Jhorriga,

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

I am already working on a new version of the lander, a bit closer to the original. Also have added a few things to the current one. I will update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Okie. Will you add rovers for the cargo lander?

Copernicus engine adapter and engine much?

Orion much?

3 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

Copernicus engine adapter and engine much?

Orion much?

???

Add more Kopernicus parts (Engine, fuel tank, engine adapter)

And maybe add Korion (Orion)?

14 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

Add more Kopernicus parts (Engine, fuel tank, engine adapter)

And maybe add Korion (Orion)?

I am currently working on a larger version of the HLV closer to the original. I may also add a few parts not included in the original concept.

5m diameter, 15m long, engines with extending bell

Currently modeled and in game:

Frame

Engines and tanks

Aeroshell

None have been textured though.

Currently modeling habitat for frame.

The advantage is you can send up the hab, Cargo and a medium Rover in one launch.

The current hlv is to small to do this.

Kopernicus Airlock does not open. May wanna fix that.

1 minute ago, Jhorriga said:

Kopernicus Airlock does not open. May wanna fix that.

You sure? Interesting! Just tested and seems fine. You have firespitter installed? 

Oh sorry I do it

16 hours ago, DocBones said:

I am currently working on a larger version of the HLV closer to the original. I may also add a few parts not included in the original concept.

5m diameter, 15m long, engines with extending bell

Currently modeled and in game:

Frame

Engines and tanks

Aeroshell

None have been textured though.

Currently modeling habitat for frame.

The advantage is you can send up the hab, Cargo and a medium Rover in one launch.

The current hlv is to small to do this.

Can I ask what exactly IS an HLV? The OP informs me that the first one had horrible Cg problems and you're much happier with this one, that's about it as far as I can see. Is it just a giant lander, or is it meant to be an all-in-one mini-base? Can it be built for cargo?

3 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Can I ask what exactly IS an HLV? The OP informs me that the first one had horrible Cg problems and you're much happier with this one, that's about it as far as I can see. Is it just a giant lander, or is it meant to be an all-in-one mini-base? Can it be built for cargo?

The HLV, ( heavy landing vehicle or horizontal landing vehicle) whichever ticks your clock, is a multipurpose landing frame. It can be used to land a mini base with hab and science lab or transport a medium size rovers, the new version will be able to do both in a single launch, it is also used for cargo. The new version will have multiple cargo capabilities. The very first version I made had some CoM issues which have since then been fixed. The HLV 2, the current version, is 3.5m diameter. The HLV 3 the one I am currently working on is 5m and looks allot more like the original concept from NASA.

6 hours ago, DocBones said:

The HLV, ( heavy landing vehicle or horizontal landing vehicle) whichever ticks your clock, is a multipurpose landing frame. It can be used to land a mini base with hab and science lab or transport a medium size rovers, the new version will be able to do both in a single launch, it is also used for cargo. The new version will have multiple cargo capabilities. The very first version I made had some CoM issues which have since then been fixed. The HLV 2, the current version, is 3.5m diameter. The HLV 3 the one I am currently working on is 5m and looks allot more like the original concept from NASA.

Perfect, thanks. Please put it at the top of the OP so other folks who may be interested get a good clear explanation :)