[1.2.2] UpgradesGUI v1.5 - Upgrades info and selection in VAB/SPH part tooltips

Gotmachine

Ok, this is fixed and updaed in CKAN

FYI, it's a very bad idea to change the identifier in CKAN.  so I reverted that change and had to put in a stanza to find the correct directory, since you had apparently changed that as well.

Great mod, I'm going to add it to my career save

12 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

@linuxgurugamer Thanks !

I would have preferred to have the new name appearing in CKAN for consistency and since I renamed the gamedata directory I figured it was better to simply delete the old identifier from Netkan. But allright, this will stay like it is now.

To do that, the old file would have had to be frozen and a new one created.

You can't change the id in CKAN, causes major problems.

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

yea, i knew about that location, but it hasn't updated since last month.

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

It's not in ^? If not, then you have a bigger problem than a mod not working. Is there a KSP.log (it'll be in the main KSP folder).?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

with permission, I have recompiled (with community assistance) and have released to Github,Spacedock and CKAN v1.5.0.2.

KSP%20version-1.7.x-66ccff.svg?style=flaMOD%20version-1.5.0.2-orange.svg?style=f

Upgrades GUI - Extended
Continuation of UpgradesUIExtensions by @Gotmachine, continued by *zer0Kerbal* with community support.

This plugin is a collections of interface tweaks aimed at making the part/module upgrades feature introduced in 1.2 more user-friendly.
Note that **the plugin doesn't add any upgrades**. If you want to have them in your game you need to download other mods that implement the upgrade feature.

Changelog:

+ minor code updates to fix
 + v1.5.0.2 for KSP 1.7.3 - 12 Aug 2019
- updated file structure
- moved Changelog out of Readme
- Updated .version
- .dll version 1.5.0.2
- released to Spacedock
- released to CKAN

Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 8/12/2019 at 11:51 PM, Jesusthebird said:

Hmm...interesting mod. So basically...this mod lets you swap between upgraded and non upgraded modules for a given part?

that was part of the intent - however, that feature doesn't seem to be working - however the GUI extensions work great (and show up in editor and R&D)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Two minor points while reviewing for CKAN indexing...

• License appears to be Unlicense, but the SpaceDock entry says something else
  • The URL field of the .version file is supposed to point to an online version of the .version file itself rather than the forum thread; this is how KSP-AVC checks for new versions (and how both KSP-AVC and CKAN allow for game compatibility revisions for existing downloads)

Neither of these are blockers, so it should be updated in a few minutes.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Two minor points while reviewing for CKAN indexing...

• License appears to be Unlicense, but the SpaceDock entry says something else
  • The URL field of the .version file is supposed to point to an online version of the .version file itself rather than the forum thread; this is how KSP-AVC checks for new versions (and how both KSP-AVC and CKAN allow for game compatibility revisions for existing downloads)

Neither of these are blockers, so it should be updated in a few minutes.

fixing. Thank you.

so : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zer0Kerbal/UpgradesGUIExtended/master/GameData/UpgradesGUI/UpgradesGUI.version ?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

@zer0Kerbal Please create a new thread for it if you wish to officially re-release and maintain this plugin (which you can, no problem with that).

This said, I will keep for myself my opinion on re-releasing with near-zero modification on Ckan and Spacedock a mod whose main feature (the upgrade selection) is  100% broken. :huh:

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you elaborate on what's broken?

the interface allows one to remove upgrades before a part is placed in the editor; these edits are meant to be implemented in flight, but according to @Gotmachine - they aren't.

It is noted in the release that this is currently only a GUI enhancement and I haven't decided if I want to attempt to fully implement or strip the possible feature. The other mod that does this is based upon this mod's code.

1 hour ago, Gotmachine said:

@zer0Kerbal Please create a new thread for it if you wish to officially re-release and maintain this plugin (which you can, no problem with that).

This said, I will keep for myself my opinion on re-releasing with near-zero modification on Ckan and Spacedock a mod whose main feature (the upgrade selection) is  100% broken. :huh:

I shall, and the new thread should be posted shortly.

In my opinion the main feature is the GUI enhancements, which is what attracted me to this mod in the first place.

There was modification - the mod had (iirc) stopped working sometime before 1.7.3 - and a recompile and some (slight) code updates were needed.

Do I have your permission to use the OP for the new thread?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you elaborate on what's broken?

All of this. It was possible in KSP 1.2 with a few basic hacks and then since 1.3 they modified the upgrade handling to force all researched upgrades upon all parts (I can't remember exactly how but it's quite problematic to get around)

Upgrades selection

• This allow to customize which upgrades are applied to placed parts in all modes (Career, Science and Sandbox)
  • Parts with upgrades now have a clickable "upgrade widget" in the tooltip widget list
  • Clicking on the widget show a list of upgrade widgets that can be toggled to enable/disable upgrades for this part
  • Upgrades exclusivity/overrides rules and R&D unlock status can't be bypassed
  • Vessels with customized upgrades will work perfectly if the plugin is removed, all this is done within the stock upgrade implementation.
1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:

The other mod that does this is based upon this mod's code.

This other mod :

Uses a completely different approach. It overcome the limitation by remembering the upgrade selection on a custom partmodule, and hacking the other modules from it.

It's a quite heavy approach and I'm not sure it has ever become 100% functional.

1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Do I have your permission to use the OP for the new thread?

Do as you wish, but the OP image advertising the part selection feature is quite misleading IMO.

Had to uninstall from my game my menus for contracts and mods in the VAB and SPH vanished and an engine (The engine was from JDSA Electric engines) kept showing up every time I opened the sph. Seems to be some kind of mod incompatibility with a mod or something  Couldn't see any errors in the log so I got no clue.

1 hour ago, Vaga said:

Had to uninstall from my game my menus for contracts and mods in the VAB and SPH vanished and an engine (The engine was from JDSA Electric engines) kept showing up every time I opened the sph. Seems to be some kind of mod incompatibility with a mod or something  Couldn't see any errors in the log so I got no clue.

deleted from Spacedock and CKAN (pending)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.