Mobile Processing Lab question

Hi all, can someone enlighten me as to how the lab (once full of data) then empties that data to allow me to input more? 

My current lab has 743.943 out of 750 data stored and it's being processed at 5.0216sci / day. I'm not seeing that 743 figure go down so I can add more. Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers.............MadJock

47 minutes ago, MadJock said:

My current lab has 743.943 out of 750 data stored and it's being processed at 5.0216sci / day. I'm not seeing that 743 figure go down so I can add more.

If you indeed have a scientist aboard and are processing data into science, then it will empty out, it'll just take a really long time. The lab converts at a 5:1 science to data ratio, so that 750 data will eventually get you 3750 science. But at only 5 sci/day, it'll take a long time. If you time warp for a few days you should see the data amount go down some. 

Edited by FullMetalMachinist

5 minutes ago, Kryxal said:

5 science/day ... is this lab sitting on Kerbin's surface?  If you want a lab to be at all efficient, get it somewhere else.

It is in an elliptical orbit of Minmus but only had 1 scientist in. I'm still a noob and had all my other scientists out in other orbits. I best recruit more.

43 minutes ago, Kryxal said:

5 science/day ... is this lab sitting on Kerbin's surface?  If you want a lab to be at all efficient, get it somewhere else.

Lab location doesn't factor into sci/day conversion. Only the number of scientists and their xp level. (edit: and the amount of data present. Conversion speed goes up the more data you have loaded waiting to be processed) 

Where lab location matters is when you process experiments into data. 

Edited by FullMetalMachinist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.