[1.9+] ReCoupler Release Thread - Monocouple your bicouplers! (v1.3.5)

Booots

On 4/25/2018 at 9:17 PM, Xylenox said:

What do the Radius and Angle do?

That controls how close and how in-line parts have to be for ReCoupler to decide they are meant to be connected and connect them. Radius is the distance between the attachment nodes, and angle is the angle between the forward vectors of each attachment node. If you're having trouble getting parts to connect, try increasing either or both of those.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im trying to make an mk2 station ring but I cant seem to get a link to show. Using 72 mk2 crew cabins attaching them end to end then snap rotating all of em 5 degrees to make it circular.

Im guessing its something to do with the angle setting but i dont really understand the logic behind it. Ive never had any problems with inline stacks linking with no angle change.

Any help would be appriciated. Ive tried increasing the radius and angle setting but whatever value i input..doesnt seem to change anything.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I am having some trouble using with the 'Breaking Ground'-parts.
Any part that is connected to the main body via a BG-part will not form any re-bondings.
But 2 BG-parts will couple together fine.

I never had any problems when using 'Infernal Robotics', which I thought were functionally identical.
Update: I misremembered; I had never actually made a craft with IR-parts that actually coupled a robotic part to a non-robotic part.

On 3/30/2018 at 3:21 PM, Booots said:

Is that using Infernal Robotics? ReCoupler won't create a joint if there's an Infernal Robotics hinge :/

... And I need to read better. I am surprised that this is by design (I browsed through the code on github); I'd like to be able to use double hinges and things for making swash plates and multiple KAS winch for 4-wire cranes
Is it alright for me to request that as a feature?

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

• 2 weeks later...

You know what; If you want something, you got to do it yourself!
I've pulled the repo and made a quick hack that never "'PartIsInvalidForPath' == true", and that works like a charm. But that is hardly an releasable result.

I'd say that if other people want this feature, they would want it to be optional; the GUI would need a check-box that allows the user to turn the extra nodes on and off.
But for making something like that, I'd need more information.
@Booots, is it alright for me to bother you with questions? And if yes, is this thread the place to do it?
Edit: you know what:
BOOM! Pull Request!

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

Hi there, any chance this will be made compatible with 1.7.3? I see no icon in the editor anymore, assuming that's the issue (only listed as 1.7.2 compatible on CKAN). Thanks!

Most probably already is compatible with 1.7.3. sionce even forum title say that is 1.7.x compatible. Quite a lot mods that does not require any changes were not updated at all. CKAN on the other hand rally on info inside version file. And in lot of cases it is not worth the developer time to update mod just for version file if everythnig else works. To overcome that issue, you have option in CKAN to mark 1.7.2. mod versions to be compatible with KSP 1.7.3. and you will got option to install mod trough CKAN.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:56 PM, RyGuy_McFly said:

Anyone else having 1.7.3 troubles?

It is working in 1.7.3 for me (both a stock install and one with Kopernicus and RSS) so it can work in 1.7.3.  
If the icon does not appear, maybe the mod or part of it was not found; you might find clues in the KSP.log.

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

You know what; If you want something, you got to do it yourself!
I've pulled the repo and made a quick hack that never "'PartIsInvalidForPath' == true", and that works like a charm. But that is hardly an releasable result.

I'd say that if other people want this feature, they would want it to be optional; the GUI would need a check-box that allows the user to turn the extra nodes on and off.
But for making something like that, I'd need more information.
@Booots, is it alright for me to bother you with questions? And if yes, is this thread the place to do it?
Edit: you know what:
BOOM! Pull Request!

Thanks for the pull request! It definitely makes sense to be able to toggle that. I just realized that the 1.8 update broke all the mods, so I spent the evening fixing those. I'll try to get around to reviewing and incorporating your pull.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:26 AM, Booots said:

Thanks for the pull request! It definitely makes sense to be able to toggle that. I just realized that the 1.8 update broke all the mods, so I spent the evening fixing those. I'll try to get around to reviewing and incorporating your pull.

Sweet! Happy and proud to help.

On 3/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, Rodger said:

Nice to see you back! Do you think a 1.9 version of this (and wind tunnel) would also work in 1.8?

Maybe? I think it's possible. If it doesn't, and you need a version for 1.8, let me know and I'll compile one for you.

• 1 month later...

The-Grim-Sleeper : thank you a lot for your patch - it is actually useful but it seems the patch isn't completed. When stored craft is load in SPH or VAB  - plugin still doesn't automatically detects loops via BG servo/KAS items. Appropriate options are enabled via ReCoupler UI. There are several different cases:

1: Recoupler window is opened before stored craft is loaded - then all loops are automatically detected properly.

2: Stored craft is loaded while Recoupler window is closed - only default loops are detected automatically. But it re-detects all loops after click on  "Reset links".

Could I ask you to check this behavior?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by ns88ns
fixed typos

The-Grim-Sleeper :

BTW, your pool-request (#12) is buggy a bit. In ReCouplerSettings.cs:

if (!float.TryParse(cfgs[i].config.GetValue("allowRoboJoints"), out loadedAngle))
	loadedAllowRoboJoints = allowRoboJoints;
else
	allowRoboJoints = loadedAllowRoboJoints;

if (!float.TryParse(cfgs[i].config.GetValue("allowKASJoints"), out loadedAngle))
	loadedAllowKASJoints = allowKASJoints;
else
	allowKASJoints = loadedAllowKASJoints;

It must be:

if (!bool.TryParse(cfgs[i].config.GetValue("allowRoboJoints"), out loadedAllowRoboJoints))
	loadedAllowRoboJoints = allowRoboJoints;
else
	allowRoboJoints = loadedAllowRoboJoints;

if (!bool.TryParse(cfgs[i].config.GetValue("allowKASJoints"), out loadedAllowKASJoints))
	loadedAllowKASJoints = allowKASJoints;
else
	allowKASJoints = loadedAllowKASJoints;

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Jv1 said:

I am trying out this mod in hope it would fix radial decoupler issue only connecting to one, but can't seem to get it to work. Am i missing something

Well, in a way. This mod only does anything with attach nodes (you know, the green circles parts can snap to), not with surface attachments. Radial decouplers are something you have to surface attach parts. But I'm curious what you could hope to accomplish by using multiple radial decouplers attached to the same part that you couldn't with struts?

On 6/11/2020 at 5:35 PM, Jv1 said:

I am trying out this mod in hope it would fix radial decoupler issue only connecting to one, but can't seem to get it to work. Am i missing something

This mod only works with stack attach nodes, unfortunately. But there is a workaround to accomplish what you want. If your side booster is made up of two or more parts in a stack, you can attach one part to each radial decoupler and then position them so ReCoupler adds its structural link between the two parts. This will provide you with the look and extra stability that you're going for by having multiple radial decouplers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.