[1.9.x] EvaFuel Continued. No more infinite EVA Fuel!

linuxgurugamer

Just updated to 1.6.6.1 and on load I am seeing an error stating the EVA Fuel files are installed incorrectly, though I didn't move them from their default locations. The log does show the DLL's loaded though so maybe its an issue with KSP AVC? (Which I think is still done by you.) Below is a crop of the error window:

rkbs52.jpg

1 hour ago, Annastasya said:

Just updated to 1.6.6.1 and on load I am seeing an error stating the EVA Fuel files are installed incorrectly, though I didn't move them from their default locations. The log does show the DLL's loaded though so maybe its an issue with KSP AVC? (Which I think is still done by you.) Below is a crop of the error window:

How did you install it?

Post a log file, please

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Annastasya said:

Not sure if you saw my edited reply above, but I need to see a log file (output_log.txt) and,  if possible, a screenshot of the EvaFuel directory

I have the exact same thing, on a fresh install of Eva Fuel. I think either the zip on Space Dock is wrong, or the path you're checking for is wrong. Anyhow, here's the log. This is what the zip file looks like inside:

7ayXX89.png

The logged message is different from the dialog box, which is like the one linked above.

5 minutes ago, ModZero said:

I have the exact same thing, on a fresh install of Eva Fuel. I think either the zip on Space Dock is wrong, or the path you're checking for is wrong. Anyhow, here's the log. This is what the zip file looks like inside:

7ayXX89.png

The logged message is different from the dialog box, which is like the one linked above.

How are you installing it?

and can you post a screenshot of the installed mod?

4 minutes ago, ModZero said:

From Space Dock, just unzip and drag & drop. Here's output of tree /f > tree.txt: https://gist.github.com/aleander/127308611f6784da78277ddd2da5600e

Ok.  Something is wrong, but I have no idea what, yet.

You can continue to play, it's only a warning message.

I have verified from  your log file that there isn't anything which would cause this.  I've also tested this on three different systems without any problem, so until I can get home to test, I can't do anything else.

I'm going to have to make a new install and try to replicate the mods you have, maybe there is an odd interaction.

If you have some time, could you try it in a clean install, and then (assuming no issues) start adding a few mods at a time?  That would be very helpful

Thanks for the reports

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Yup, that was it. I was actually looking at the source code, and now I feel like I totally should have caught it --'

Anyhow, for formality, I tried a clean install, and an install without spaces in the installation folder, and those (obviously) didn't help.

• 1 month later...

Dedicated EVA fuel doesn't seem to work. The command modules have EVA Propellant resource as configured, but EVA kerbal does not get any. In fact, it starts with zero.

Screenshots

Everything works fine if I select Monopropellant as EVA propellant.

I'm on version 1.6.6.2.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

make sure all Pods(crewCapacity>0) (should also include pods in rescue contracts) have at least 5 units of MonoPropellant

Hm, isn't this set to 1 for gameplay reasons, i.e. more dramatic rescue maybe? I guess @linuxgurugamer

will have to decide (pinging cause he mentioned previously it's ok in this thread for changes)

9 minutes ago, avalancha said:

Hm, isn't this set to 1 for gameplay reasons, i.e. more dramatic rescue maybe? I guess @linuxgurugamer

will have to decide (pinging cause he mentioned previously it's ok in this thread for changes)

I leave such decisions to those more sophisticated, more advanced, more intelligent, more wise than this (@zer0Kerbal) codeTr0ll. :P

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 1.6.7.3

• Thanks to @Zer0kerbal for this:
    • Create AddPodMonoPropollant.cfg
      • Make sure all Pods(crewCapacity>0) (should also include pods in rescue  contracts) have at least 5 units of MonoPropellant
    • Create ConvertEVATanktoMonoPropellant.cfg to convert EvaPropellant to monoprop

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 3:17 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.6.7.3

• Thanks to @Zer0kerbal for this:
    • Create AddPodMonoPropollant.cfg
      • Make sure all Pods(crewCapacity>0) (should also include pods in rescue  contracts) have at least 5 units of MonoPropellant
    • Create ConvertEVATanktoMonoPropellant.cfg to convert EvaPropellant to monoprop

Pods in rescue conracts should only have one unit of EVA fuel. This has always been the case with this mod, and it makes for more of a challenge when doing rescue missions. Please at least make this optional, if you suddenly do a change like that!

3 hours ago, Sebastian Bork said:

Pods in rescue conracts should only have one unit of EVA fuel. This has always been the case with this mod, and it makes for more of a challenge when doing rescue missions. Please at least make this optional, if you suddenly do a change like that!

@zer0Kerbal care to take a look?

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Is there something to do to have some monoprop in rescue pods ?I have the MM patch "AddPodMonoPropollant.cfg" but I just accepted a rescue contract and the stranded pod has 0 units...

3 hours ago, Goufalite said:

Hello,

Is there something to do to have some monoprop in rescue pods ?I have the MM patch "AddPodMonoPropollant.cfg" but I just accepted a rescue contract and the stranded pod has 0 units...

If you have this mod, you should NOT have that MM patch installed, they are probably negating each other.  Best thing you can do right now is to edit the save file giving the vessel 1 unit of monoprop

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you have this mod, you should NOT have that MM patch installed

Odd, the file was shipped with the mod...

I took a look in the code and realized that stranded Kerbals have 1 unit of EVA fuel even if the module had 0 RCS fuel, but in my case the stranded kerbal (per contract) gave me the warning of "0 fuel" and he had no EVA fuel. It doesn't seem to work as intended and this was my initial problem...

The two options I might see is I play french (and my stranded ship is called "Épave") and I have the contract configurator mod...  I'll first clean up my modded install then I'll post an issue with my savefile and try to figure out on my side.

In the meantime I found a simple workaround : disabling the mod when saving stranded kerbals.

EDIT : Ok I got it now thanks to a previous issue, apparently the contracts stores the name of the ship as "XX's pod" but in french (or since a new update) these are now "Shipwreck", "Debris",... So there's a better workaround : rename the ship with the stranded kerbal's  name ;)

EDIT2 : Renaming the ship doesn't work... I'll take a look but I can't seem to find the logs for evafuel in the player.log. Do you know where they are or if I need an option to display them?

Edited by Goufalite

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.