[1.9.x] EvaFuel Continued. No more infinite EVA Fuel!

linuxgurugamer

On 4/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, Goufalite said:

in my case the stranded kerbal (per contract) gave me the warning of "0 fuel" and he had no EVA fuel.

I solved this problem by manipulating rescue ship so kerbonaut was able to get into. It was hard.

Thanks linuxgurugamer as usual!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 3:26 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.6.8

• Thanks to github user @Goufalite for this improvement:
    • Check if the rescue ship has a name given by the contract (debris, wreck,...)
    • Fix the rescue ship name verification

Hi, linuxgurugamer!

I use russian language and rescue ship still do not give 1 unit of fuel to EVA.

Also when I use KIS EVA tanks Kerbal cannot refil. I asked IgorZ in his thread also.

MADLAD give me this error:

Matched CC_RemoteTech to the whitelist. Suppressing error
Matched KerKonConConExt to the whitelist. Suppressing error
[2020-05-02 22:14:07]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPDev_Utils.2.1, Version=2.1.7279.39857, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

44 minutes ago, Sebra said:

What the stranded ship's name? (and an English translation).

28 minutes ago, Goufalite said:

What the stranded ship's name? (and an English translation).

"Летательный аппарат Данбали". Last word is Kerbal name ofc.

It means "Flying apparatus of Danbal" or something like it.

Cannot remember, where to change game language to see it in english.

8 hours ago, Sebra said:

Hi, linuxgurugamer!

Also when I use KIS EVA tanks Kerbal cannot refil. I asked IgorZ in his thread also.

MADLAD give me this error:

Matched CC_RemoteTech to the whitelist. Suppressing error
Matched KerKonConConExt to the whitelist. Suppressing error
[2020-05-02 22:14:07]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPDev_Utils.2.1, Version=2.1.7279.39857, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

You need to provide the entire log

@linuxgurugamer

The SpaceDock link's description is completely empty, which may not matter if you are getting it from the forum, but for people who download mods from spacedock solely (like I do sometimes), it would be handy if you could copy and paste the relevant info from the OP to the spaceDock link. It would really help some people!

21 minutes ago, mabdi36 said:

@linuxgurugamer

The SpaceDock link's description is completely empty, which may not matter if you are getting it from the forum, but for people who download mods from spacedock solely (like I do sometimes), it would be handy if you could copy and paste the relevant info from the OP to the spaceDock link. It would really help some people!

I copied part of the OP in, but the link to the forum is there, anyone who has questions can always click that.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:17 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.6.7.3

• Thanks to @Zer0kerbal for this:
    • Create AddPodMonoPropollant.cfg
      • Make sure all Pods(crewCapacity>0) (should also include pods in rescue  contracts) have at least 5 units of MonoPropellant
    • Create ConvertEVATanktoMonoPropellant.cfg to convert EvaPropellant to monoprop

Even Squad's round pods still do not have monopropellant.

ConvertEVATanktoMonoPropellant.cfg break KIS refueling.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

KIS refueling does what, exactly?

Refueling EVA propellant from KIS inventory canister.

Even if Kerbal get EVA propellant from Monopropellant in the exit moment, KIS canister still need EVA propellant, but this patch change fuel type.

And somehow AddPodMonoPropollant.cfg do not add Monopropellant even to stock round cabins in my game. I do not understand this script, May be you can fix it.

I sent you ksp.log week ago. May send another if needed.

1 hour ago, Sebra said:

Refueling EVA propellant from KIS inventory canister.

Even if Kerbal get EVA propellant from Monopropellant in the exit moment, KIS canister still need EVA propellant, but this patch change fuel type.

And somehow AddPodMonoPropollant.cfg do not add Monopropellant even to stock round cabins in my game. I do not understand this script, May be you can fix it.

I sent you ksp.log week ago. May send another if needed.

I don't need a log for this, will look at it tomorrow night, if not sooner

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Sorry to interrupt but would be grateful if you could see question asked above about KIS fuel canisters.

Edit: nvm, checked the source and it does, and also checked the spacedock and saw it does. I really am thick skulled lol

Edited by mabdi36

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having an issue in KSP 1.11, where the monoprop is removed from the tanks when a kerbal goes outside but not added back when the kerbal returns. So, as an example, if you have 10 monoprop in the Mk1 Pod and just step outside and back quickly 2 times in a row, you are left with 0 monoprop.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:56 PM, woodbyte said:

I'm having an issue in KSP 1.11, where the monoprop is removed from the tanks when a kerbal goes outside but not added back when the kerbal returns. So, as an example, if you have 10 monoprop in the Mk1 Pod and just step outside and back quickly 2 times in a row, you are left with 0 monoprop.

Have you tried this in 1.10?  If not, can you do so and report back?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently in 1.11.1 they added an attribute to prevent jetpacks from reloading fuel : https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26944 (at the bottom)

I'll try later but since the setting is part dependant it might mean that a Kerbal would have to use another jetpack if one is depleted. Sound interesting...

20 hours ago, Goufalite said:

Apparently in 1.11.1 they added an attribute to prevent jetpacks from reloading fuel : https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26944 (at the bottom)

I'll try later but since the setting is part dependant it might mean that a Kerbal would have to use another jetpack if one is depleted. Sound interesting...

This mod won't work in 1.11 until I get around to fixing it.  Requires some changes since the kerbal doesn't have fuel, but the jetpack does.

Also, that report you linked to specifically says its only a problem with non-stock fuel.  Regardless, the link will be useful since it mentions a workaround

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 6 months later...

Hello,

While working my OreToParts mod I managed to succesfully refuel kerbal jetpacks using stock or custom resources! It works but is a little downgraded compared to EVA Fuel

• Not automatic, you need to push a button to refuel stuff
  • Kerbal inventory must be persistent in the difficulty settings
  • Uses only the resources of the part where the kerbals are sitting
  • Needs a MM patch to force jetpacks and eva cylinder to not refuel

More info (at the bottom)

Edited by Goufalite
persistent inventory as a prerequisite

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.