[1.9.x] EvaFuel Continued. No more infinite EVA Fuel!

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

found a bug sir :

[ERR 01:34:03.176] Error calling custom Interactible method in type EvaFuel.EvaFuelDifficultySettings:

[EXC 01:34:03.177] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	EvaFuel.EvaFuelDifficultySettings.Interactible (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, .GameParameters parameters)
	DifficultyOptionsMenu+<CreateDifficultWindow>c__AnonStorey15F.<>m__259 ()
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	<CreateDifficultWindow>c__AnonStorey15F:<>m__259()
	DialogGUIBase:Update()
	DialogGUIToggle:Update()
	DialogGUIVerticalLayout:Update()
	MultiOptionDialog:Update()
	PopupDialog:Update()

can this be possibly the cause of this?

-X_LNEmZTWOopIZODwJrkA.png

sounds like a missing ending layout code?

Edited by Jiraiyah

2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

@linuxgurugamer

found a bug sir :

[ERR 01:34:03.176] Error calling custom Interactible method in type EvaFuel.EvaFuelDifficultySettings:

[EXC 01:34:03.177] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	EvaFuel.EvaFuelDifficultySettings.Interactible (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, .GameParameters parameters)
	DifficultyOptionsMenu+<CreateDifficultWindow>c__AnonStorey15F.<>m__259 ()
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	<CreateDifficultWindow>c__AnonStorey15F:<>m__259()
	DialogGUIToggle:Update()
	MultiOptionDialog:Update()
	PopupDialog:Update()

can this be possibly the cause of this?

-X_LNEmZTWOopIZODwJrkA.png

sounds like a missing ending layout code?

No.

I need a log file, and, are you running the latest version, this sounds like a bug which I recently fixed

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No.

I need a log file, and, are you running the latest version, this sounds like a bug which I recently fixed

let me check the last version and try again, maybe i accidentally got older versions

confirmed. it was older version, no more errors in log. but I don't know what mod is causing that UI problem, here is the full log file, i even opened a thread in support for modded games, but no one ever answered me, do you have any idea or can guide me here?

On 6/27/2017 at 2:24 PM, canisin said:

Hi, I am having the same issue with a similar setup.

I was also suspicious of the new eva fuel type settings.

Edit:

I went digging into the code, and found the part that handles rescue ships. The conditions for detecting a rescue ship are as follows:

contracts[currentContract].Title.Contains(crewList[currentCrew].name) && data.from.vessel.name.Contains(crewList[currentCrew].name.Split(null)[0])

This means that for a ship to be considered a rescue ship, it must contain a kerbal whose name appears in a contract's name, and for the ship's name to contain that kerbal's name. But the two conditions handle names differently. The first condition requires the kerbal's name to appear fully in the contract title, whereas the second condition requires only the first word of the name to appear in the ship's name.

Right now, I am trying to rescue "Maegan Kerman". The name of the contract is "Rescue Maegan from orbit of Kerbin.", the name of the ship is "Maegan's Pod". So my guess is that the mod expects the contract to contain the kerbal's surname, but it seems that something has changed with the naming of rescue contracts.

Luckily, the mod can be disabled immediately from the difficulty menu, so I can disable it temporarily while doing rescue contracts. :)

On 9/28/2017 at 3:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

looks like it.  I'll take a look, nice job digging.

@linuxgurugamer I think this got  forgotten amongst the 1.3.1 updates. So I added my comments above to your existing issue on github. Although, while this persists I now bring a canister of EVA fuel to orbit when I am doing rescue missions and somehow that feels a lot more realistic and satisfying :)

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2018 at 4:25 PM, canisin said:

@linuxgurugamer I think this got  forgotten amongst the 1.3.1 updates. So I added my comments above to your existing issue on github. Although, while this persists I now bring a canister of EVA fuel to orbit when I am doing rescue missions and somehow that feels a lot more realistic and satisfying :)

For a while I did the same, but with the new suits from Making History this no longer works. If the rescued Kerbal is wearing the vintage suit, there's no way to use the canister. I've no resorted pumping monopropellant in their pod first, but this makes rescues quite more tedious and unrealistic in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

A kerbal that I'm rescuing has 0 EVA fuel to start. Is this a glitch or intended? Is there any way to revert this to normal without removing the other useful aspects of the mod?

I guess I just don't see how it's possible to save them if they can't fly around a little.

Edited by SquarelyCircle

21 minutes ago, SquarelyCircle said:

A kerbal that I'm rescuing has 0 EVA fuel to start. Is this a glitch or intended? Is there any way to revert this to normal without removing the other useful aspects of the mod?

No,  they are supposed to have one unit of fuel:

Rescue contract ships will give Kerbals 1 unit of fuel to reach safety, instead of leaving them totally stranded

I'll have to look at this.  Did you get any sort of popup dialog when you saw this?  Also, is it totally zero, or is there possibly a teeny tiny amount there?

Also, did you change the EVA propellent type?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

It is 0.00. I got a warning that they had no fuel. Concerning changing the propellant type, I don't believe that I did, but I did bumble around checking out that menu for a bit and may have done something inadvertent - nothing intentional, though.

Edit: Just in case, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, and I'll go back to a save game before getting control of the kerbal.

Edited by SquarelyCircle

"Low EVA Fuel! Warning! Only 0 units of Monopropellant were available for EVA! Meaning you only have 0 units of EVA propellant." Then they've got 0.00/5.00 listed on the resource panel.

I've got quite a few other mods. Would listing them help? Is there anywhere that a copy-able list already exists so I don't have to type out all their names?

Edit: Uninstalling the mod allowed the kerbal to have the standard 5 fuel.

Edited by SquarelyCircle

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2018 at 1:30 AM, SquarelyCircle said:

"Low EVA Fuel! Warning! Only 0 units of Monopropellant were available for EVA! Meaning you only have 0 units of EVA propellant." Then they've got 0.00/5.00 listed on the resource panel.

Have the same on stock mod configs. I start using this mod on ~1.2 and every time i get "resque" contracts i have too turn off mod ( 

Where this 1 unit of fuel must be added: capsule or kerbal? Maybe its added in wrong "storage"?

7 hours ago, Rapteell said:

Have the same on stock mod configs. I start using this mod on ~1.2 and every time i get "resque" contracts i have too turn off mod ( 

Where this 1 unit of fuel must be added: capsule or kerbal? Maybe its added in wrong "storage"?

log file and save file, plesae

Hello @linuxgurugamer, I have already tried to explain some bug that I might have caught in the code. Look up my previous post in this thread or check the comments to the related issue in github.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EvaFuel/issues/2

I haven't been playing with rescue contracts lately, so I am a little hesitant to insist that the same issue persists, but seeing the recent comments in the thread, I felt like I could remind you.

• 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, Burning Kan said:

@linuxgurugamer thanks for updating this but can u please delete the not compatible warning in 1.5.1

Seems that you have an old .version file lying around.  I just downloaded and installed it with CKAN, and do not get that message

Try deleting the entire EVAFuel directory and reinstalling it

I saw this mod this morning and was like why is still around, I thought Squad added in Kerbals use fuel in EVA. Then I Googled it and Wiki said this:

"An EVA suit can carry 5 units of EVA propellant. Prior to that version the jetpack fuel was represented by an arbitrary percentage that did not correspond to any other resource. Along with the change monopropellant was meant to be deducted from the spacecraft's tanks and place a cap on any given mission's EVA capability. However, a bug prevents that deduction from taking place, so jetpacks can still be refueled an unlimited number of times."

Well I guess I have to add another mod to my game. Thanks Linuxgurugamer again for your time and hard work. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.