anomaly detection

Hi fellow Kerbanaughts!

I'm having difficulty with detecting anomalies. I have a probe core in orbit looking for the blighters, but it appears to be loosing it's ability to detect them. The core is a RC-L01 (the highest detection rate), and with time is detecting fewer anomalies, even failing to spot the ones that it saw a few orbits ago. I watched the thing go round and round Kerbin for 3 in-game days without it detecting anything at all!

Am I just being impatient? Does the detection rate deteriorate with time?

21 minutes ago, peewee69 said:

Hi fellow Kerbanaughts!

I'm having difficulty with detecting anomalies. I have a probe core in orbit looking for the blighters, but it appears to be loosing it's ability to detect them. The core is a RC-L01 (the highest detection rate), and with time is detecting fewer anomalies, even failing to spot the ones that it saw a few orbits ago. I watched the thing go round and round Kerbin for 3 in-game days without it detecting anything at all!

Am I just being impatient? Does the detection rate deteriorate with time?

Actually the highest detection rate its the Probodobodyne RoverMate with 100% followed by the MK2 Drone Core with 48%. Granted it have less FOV.

4 hours ago, Spricigo said:

Actually the highest detection rate its the Probodobodyne RoverMate with 100% followed by the MK2 Drone Core with 48%. Granted it have less FOV.

Yes, but the RoverMate only works within 10km (I think). I did make my first anomaly hunter with this core, but it found nothing in a 75km polar orbit. Not sure why I didn't use the MK2, but probably because the FOV was too low.

3 hours ago, bewing said:

Every 6-hour day, the detected anomalies change once. They are not saved for you. And the ones that you see are randomized for each day.

Does the probe permanently forget the anomaly after detecting it the first time? Or will an anomaly be put back into the randomised detection pool again? I find it difficult to believe that in the first few hours of searching it was detecting several anomalies, but now it doesn't detect anything over the course of 3 days!

6 hours ago, bewing said:

No, no forgetting, no remembering. Just completely random, each day.

I think then it must be a bug. Interestingly, my RoverMate on my surface rover also doesn't detect an anomaly while parked right next to one, despite having 100% detection rate!

1 hour ago, peewee69 said:

I think then it must be a bug. Interestingly, my RoverMate on my surface rover also doesn't detect an anomaly while parked right next to one, despite having 100% detection rate!

They only have a 10° field of view so you need to be a fair way out to see a reasonable amount of a planet's surface. If you're on the ground you're basically seeing only what's right underneath the rover.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.