Early adopter returning

ultrasquid

Hi! I used to play KSP frequently and would like to again. I also really liked the community and was on the forums often. Unfortunately, updates to the game have outpaced the ability of my hardware to play it, so I have set them aside for quite a while.

I'm looking to get a high-powered yet economical laptop to do double-duty for graphic design work and gaming. The MSI GL62 7QF-1660 seems to be a good performance/value balance, but I'm open to other suggestions. Would any of you good folks have any recommendations?

I'm sure there have been many changes to the game since the version that it left me behind (whenever the switch to Unity 5 was). Any skills I really need to catch up on? New top mods?

Edited by ultrasquid

Hi, @ultrasquid, and welcome back! I think I remember you from the forums before.

Now, I'm not the best on computer hardware, so I'll leave that question to someone else.

As for the rest:

There have been changes. Since 1.1, there's been small aerodynamics changes. Also, there are new parts, and some bugs have been fixed. You won't have to relearn how to fly, like in .90.

I don't use mods, but there is an expansion pack coming out SoonTM. Seeing as you joined the forums in 2011, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you'll get it for free as Squad promised.

1 hour ago, ultrasquid said:

I'm looking to get a high-powered yet economical laptop to do double-duty for graphic design work and gaming. The MSI GL62 7QF-1660 seems to be a good performance/value balance, but I'm open to other suggestions. Would any of you good folks have any recommendations?

I'm not well versed on laptops, but the folks that frequent the following thread can probably help you out. :)

• 3 weeks later...