[1.3 of KSP] [1.9.4] Suthe Planet Overhaul Mod

Tynton

8 minutes ago, Tynton said:

@Gameslinx Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to the compatibility patches. I finalized a more optimized scatterer configuration, so hopefully I can toss that out soon.

Well whilst we wait for KE to respond I'll give you a quick run down of Galilalilalileo said to me. 

If you have a folder named PluginData, rename it to anything else. I just name mine 'Textures'. You'll need to update every file path but in Notepad++ it is simple.

Apparently KSP sees PluginData and will load the assets within it faster (using some sort of voodoo, I don't know the technicalities). Loading the mod will take slightly longer by around 5-10 seconds to load, but it means macs and linuxes can run the pack.

I think the file paths are Case-Sensitive too, meaning if you have a planet map called "Suthe_Color" and the config asks for "Suthe/Textures/suthe_COLOR", Linux and Mac will not find them and the planet will not load.

Hope this helps :)

@Gameslinx

Ok, I'll (within a few days, hopefully) work on that, since at the moment I'm taking time to work on EVE compatibility.

---

Suthe 1.9

2.0 plans

-3 new objects (optional addons)

-Anthopolis, a gas giant that which (optionally) Talia will orbit, and will be accompanied by several other moons.

-Opithannis, a sand/ice planet and its orbit is elliptical to a degree from Athode (or Asford, unknown yet) to the next object.

-Liannocus, an ice giant that which is likely larger than most other objects (currently rooting or 5-7K radius, but it could go as far down as 3K). It has anywhere from 3-5 moons (all of which are spherical, although none have atmospheres of their own).

I'd like to hear input from anyone else/suggestions on new objects in this mod.

I'd also like an assistant for a Delta-V map, but it's likely I'd prefer they'd be available after 2.0 or planets being constructed for it. I'm fine with a pre-2.0 one, however.

Edited by Tynton

On 05.07.2017 at 2:38 AM, Tynton said:

I personally felt this warranted its own post, but I have a question for my audience.

It is hosted on strawpoll (https://strawpoll.com/495we6d) I wanted to hear if I should use Space-Engine esque clouds to keep for consitency, or use realistic cloud textures for realism.

Hi. How to start a scatterer with mod Gameslinxs_Planet_Overhaul_Stockalike_Planet_Pack-2.2a (with Scatterer) work only one graphic mod. Im really need For stream.

2 hours ago, Tynton said:

@Arthas_ImmortalDK

You will need to add the code from one of the planetList.cfg to the other. If that doesn't work, then you're likely doing something wrong but all of that requires a compatibility patch for Suthe to work with @Gameslinx's planet mod.

Tough work that is. I'll need to do this for many planet packs, including yours.

3 hours ago, Tynton said:

@Gameslinx I'd be happy to collaborate with you for compatibility patches. This also goes for all other planet-mod designers, as well.

Guys I have here a grandiose Space program with two stars and the only problem is a scatterer. 

Need your help! I have 3 global modes here GPO+SSSO+OPM and And only 1 will not work(this SSSO) 

@Arthas_ImmortalDK I'm not certain but it's likely that Kopernicus is prioritizing other mods' rewritings of planets over mine. I'm not certain if it's that you want more planets from SSSO (Suthe), but you'll likely want to delete planet configs from other mods so only the Suthe ones show up. From what it seems on scatterer, a similar situation is probably occurring, although I can't say for certain since all of the stock scatterer configs are the only ones present, apparently. It's likely a mod incompatibility.

Also, could you tell me what you've customized? I think some of the planets' home-star has been changed, and as such they won't load. If this is the case, try changing "Sun" to "Amphion" for the parent star for the planets.

Edited by Tynton

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog for Suthe V 1.9.1

-Fixed scatterer configs (I didn't know they were legitimately broken),

-Added an alternate version for the stock skybox featuring a new nebula and several blue stars inspired by Orion's belt.

-

Changelog for Suthe V 1.9.2 (Asford)

-Fixed Asford's appearance overall, in which endless bugs would previously de-render the oceans, and make the terrain black. Also the atmosphere was broken.

Edited by Tynton

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just a heads up to @Tynton and anybody that might be interested

I am considering adding compatibility for this mod into my GalacticNeighborhood

I usually ask the dev (Tynton in this case) for a name and type for the star, but given that you already have a custom star I will use that one

did you use a particular real life star as an analogue?

@Sigma88

I didn't use any analogue for Suthe. So if you'd like, you can add it to a real analogue, but preferrably a type K or M (low mass) star to keep consistency with this mod, though I'd find something like a red giant interesting!

I'll have to work on star appearances for each class to make a final determination however.

Edited by Tynton

• 1 month later...

Hey @Tynton, do you happen to have a change log for this mod laying about somewhere? In recent days I've been working on a set of calculations for the Alcubierre Drive mod for various planet packs, and Suthe was brought to my attention. Went through the mod's configuration files earlier this morning and couldn't find any data for Abpion; curious if/when you might've removed/renamed it. I was also unable to find the geeASL data on Kitt; since it's based on Gilly, should I assume the same value? Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.