Found lying by the side of the road. A mystery on KSP

SpaceOdissey

Had you looked at the factory of ALL the parachutes? And appears Found lying by the side of the road? For me is very strange because if you look at advanced Mode at the parts and then you put Filter by Manufacturer and search for Found lying by the side of the road it's not there! Also contracts of Found lying by the side of the road are not there! So what do you think? Is this strange? And @SQUAD why you don't put that manufacturer on there? 

35 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

The runway looks kinda like a road. So you know, after many not-so-successful take-offs or landings, there should be plenty of spare parts there.

But then what came first...

The spare part on the road?

Or the part in the VAB?

Bwahahahahaha! :D

51 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

But then what came first...

The spare part on the road?

I thought you were going to say "The spare part OR the road?" - which begs a far more profound question, if parachute technology could be found on Kerbin before the invention of the road... where did it come from?

Just now, The_Rocketeer said:

I thought you were going to say "The spare part OR the road?" - which begs a far more profound question, if parachute technology could be found on Kerbin before the invention of the road... where did it come from?

It came from a dresser raid in the KSC, of course!

7 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

which begs a far more profound question, if parachute technology could be found on Kerbin before the invention of the road... where did it come from?

Well, they do land on the Mun before inventing the airplane.

The folks at KSC are so committed to their work that they are completely oblivious to the fact that Kerbal society suffered a catastrophic disaster centuries ago. They won't let anything as trivial as societal collapse distract them FROM SCIENCE!

Edited by jros83

The real mystery is why stuff found lying by the road costs funds. I just checked the wiki, the mysterious "road" manufacturer makes more than just parachutes. They also make low tier SRBs, over half the docking ports, the service bays, monopropellant tanks, and xenon canisters.

The totalitarian dictatorship is better equipped than I originally suspected.

Maybe its junk leftover by humans? Maybe Kerbals one day lived their life like an alien does, untill they found these parts and blueprints that lead to Kerbals having a human-like space program.

On 26.3.2017 at 10:55 PM, Red Shirt said:

For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky!

The evedince you see Every time where you splash at Night.. .

The Sun is Underneath you...

Physics...Kerballised....

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

On 3/25/2017 at 6:37 PM, The_Rocketeer said:

From the apparent tech progression, it seems that Kerbals have invented sub-orbital spacecraft before the invention of wheels with which to traverse roads, making any roads useless. However, parachutes are very useful on spacecraft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.