Lightest Crewed Vessel to the Mun

While it MIGHT be possible to do even lighter, you already pushed it quite to the limit.
I don't think there will be many challenger to try and beat you.

Very impressive indeed.

On 25/03/2017 at 6:08 PM, nuclear_turkey said:

whats your lighest vessel to go to the mun and bring crew back safely?

my entry 2.498 Tons

i spent quite while shaving 10kg's here 20kg's there for the past day or two, so i hope there isnt an obvious way to go any lighter without  ladder exploits, best of luck :P

Umm, a couple of cheaty things going on there. 

First you got to Kerbin orbit in a very dubious way.

Then your return to Kerbin was pretty odd in that even the solar panels didn't break up during re-entry and you landed the Kerbal with his backpack. 

As you didn't say cheats weren't allowed and used them yourself then I guess it would be OK to HyperEdit a Kerbal to the Mun and back for an entry of 0.09t?

Edited by Foxster

21 hours ago, Foxster said:

Umm, a couple of cheaty things going on there. 

First you got to Kerbin orbit in a very dubious way.

Then your return to Kerbin was pretty odd in that even the solar panels didn't break up during re-entry and you landed the Kerbal with his backpack. 

As you didn't say cheats weren't allowed and used them yourself then I guess it would be OK to HyperEdit a Kerbal to the Mun and back for an entry of 0.09t?

the only cheaty thing i did was bypass 1 periapsis, no cheats were enabled, i also have no idea why the panels didnt break, if you're really that bothered ill redo the entire video with the debug menu open if you so wish. i think i might also be able to do the kerbin circularisation without a tracking station exploit also

Edited by nuclear_turkey

@nuclear_turkey I like the idea of this challenge, but you should add some rules:

I didn't watch your video because i have very poor Internet Connection.
-is it ok to utilize glitches such as landing leg catapults or timewarp inside the atmosphere? Maybe create a extra ranking. (I really hate to see a Kerbal impacting Kerbin with 20 m/s and survive.)
-do we have to capture mun Orbit? If then, you should add maximum height restrictions because a high elliptic Mun orbit can save a lot deltaV.
-what about Mun landing and return?

I would really like to try the challenge, but those rules have to be clear first.

9 minutes ago, jonny said:

@nuclear_turkey I like the idea of this challenge, but you should add some rules:

I didn't watch your video because i have very poor Internet Connection.
-is it ok to utilize glitches such as landing leg catapults or timewarp inside the atmosphere? Maybe create a extra ranking. (I really hate to see a Kerbal impacting Kerbin with 20 m/s and survive.)
-do we have to capture mun Orbit? If then, you should add maximum height restrictions because a high elliptic Mun orbit can save a lot deltaV.
-what about Mun landing and return?

I would really like to try the challenge, but those rules have to be clear first.

mun landing and return is a requirement, sorry

also , i guess part exploits , other than ladder exploits are allowed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.