nuclear_turkey

Lightest Crewed Vessel to the Mun

Recommended Posts

whats your lighest vessel to go to the mun and bring crew back safely?

my entry 2.498 Tons

i spent quite while shaving 10kg's here 20kg's there for the past day or two, so i hope there isnt an obvious way to go any lighter without  ladder exploits, best of luck :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it MIGHT be possible to do even lighter, you already pushed it quite to the limit.
I don't think there will be many challenger to try and beat you.

Very impressive indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2017 at 6:08 PM, nuclear_turkey said:

whats your lighest vessel to go to the mun and bring crew back safely?

my entry 2.498 Tons

i spent quite while shaving 10kg's here 20kg's there for the past day or two, so i hope there isnt an obvious way to go any lighter without  ladder exploits, best of luck :P

Umm, a couple of cheaty things going on there. 

First you got to Kerbin orbit in a very dubious way.

Then your return to Kerbin was pretty odd in that even the solar panels didn't break up during re-entry and you landed the Kerbal with his backpack. 

As you didn't say cheats weren't allowed and used them yourself then I guess it would be OK to HyperEdit a Kerbal to the Mun and back for an entry of 0.09t?

 

Edited by Foxster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Foxster said:

Umm, a couple of cheaty things going on there. 

First you got to Kerbin orbit in a very dubious way.

Then your return to Kerbin was pretty odd in that even the solar panels didn't break up during re-entry and you landed the Kerbal with his backpack. 

As you didn't say cheats weren't allowed and used them yourself then I guess it would be OK to HyperEdit a Kerbal to the Mun and back for an entry of 0.09t?

 

the only cheaty thing i did was bypass 1 periapsis, no cheats were enabled, i also have no idea why the panels didnt break, if you're really that bothered ill redo the entire video with the debug menu open if you so wish. i think i might also be able to do the kerbin circularisation without a tracking station exploit also

Edited by nuclear_turkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nuclear_turkey I like the idea of this challenge, but you should add some rules:

I didn't watch your video because i have very poor Internet Connection.
-is it ok to utilize glitches such as landing leg catapults or timewarp inside the atmosphere? Maybe create a extra ranking. (I really hate to see a Kerbal impacting Kerbin with 20 m/s and survive.)
-do we have to capture mun Orbit? If then, you should add maximum height restrictions because a high elliptic Mun orbit can save a lot deltaV.
-what about Mun landing and return?

I would really like to try the challenge, but those rules have to be clear first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jonny said:

@nuclear_turkey I like the idea of this challenge, but you should add some rules:

I didn't watch your video because i have very poor Internet Connection.
-is it ok to utilize glitches such as landing leg catapults or timewarp inside the atmosphere? Maybe create a extra ranking. (I really hate to see a Kerbal impacting Kerbin with 20 m/s and survive.)
-do we have to capture mun Orbit? If then, you should add maximum height restrictions because a high elliptic Mun orbit can save a lot deltaV.
-what about Mun landing and return?

I would really like to try the challenge, but those rules have to be clear first.

mun landing and return is a requirement, sorry

also , i guess part exploits , other than ladder exploits are allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.