9 hours ago, Hypercosmic said:

Here is the Sudarsky gas giant classification. Making the planet believable is as important as aesthetic purposes.

Have fun.

Note: A hot neptune in an inclined orbit will drag the much less massive inner planets along with it, and in this system, Kerbin would potentially have chaotic climate due to both frequent transit events and orbital disturbance, driving Kerbals out of their world. Also, like IceGiant said earlier, consider removing Moho. That poor planet won't stand a chance.

Heidon is not inclined.

There is a potential sub-kerbin that would be, and it would be orbiting beyond Kerbin.

8 hours ago, IceGiant said:

Strictly speaking, a shepherd moon could be any size.  Most shepherd moons are on the order of tens of kilometers, but Saturn's moon Mimas (a.k.a. the moon that looks like the Death Star) maintains the Cassini Gap even though it orbits about 50% farther than the gap itself, for example.  Remember that the ring particles are themselves in orbit.  Mimas sets up a resonance that doesn't allow anything to orbit at that specific distance.  Therefore, the ring particles either move to a higher orbit, or drop to a lower one.

I know about the moon of Minmus. But here's the problem with scale; all the planets in the Kerbal system are way smaller than the ones in our solar system. Mevron, the only developed moon so far, is about 75 kilometers in radius. Minmus is much bigger; its radius sits at about 200 kilometers, and it is the smallest known body in hydrostatic equilibrium in our solar system. My point: If you want a shepherd moon, Mevron is allready good enough.

17 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

Heidon is not inclined.

There is a potential sub-kerbin that would be, and it would be orbiting beyond Kerbin.

Even if Heidon's orbit's inclination is just 0.8 degrees, it will cause considerable changes on Kerbin due to its proximity. Also, by its mere existence, it will guarantee chaos of the Kerbin climate. I'm not sure if the Kerbals could ever evolve on such planet where eccentricity swings wildly.

Edited by Hypercosmic

Hey guys, I just updated Mevron. I didn't think that the green and white moon would be very representative of a moon that got smashed to bits and left debris behind, or one that has been cooking close to Kerbol. Here is the new picture of Mevron:

Also, Asteroids do spawn in orbit around this world. These are debris that remained in orbit from the relatively recent impact that Blew the moon to pieces; then the moon reformed similar to Uranus's moon Miranda.

There is, for the record, no atmosphere around this moon.

The next moon that is being worked on is Bulldur, a small shepherd sattlite, not unlike the inner ring moons of Sarnus.

Release will be in early April.

INTRODUCING BULLDUR:

Bulldur is the innermost moon of Heidon. It is believed to be a remnant of the impactor that stuck Mevron and created the rings. It is a shepherd satellite, and it is the only known force keeping the rings together

Also, since the rings are gonna be made of rocks, there is no point in making them super bright. Now, they are bland, and look different from Saturn's, and they are differentiated with dark and bright material.

Also, I am now beginning work on the next moon of Heidon: Jakis. This moon will be, essentially, a hot Duna. If you have any suggestions for this moon, please leave a comment below.

Introducing Jakis!

Jakis is the largest moon of Heidon. It is similar in size to our Mun, with the exception of its thin atmosphere, which is similar to Duna's.

And because you guys are so interested in realism, a plausible explanation for the atmosphere of Jakis has been included.

" When it orbited farther out in the solar system, it retained a larger atmospher. However, millions of years of cooking close to Kerbol have stripped it of most of its atmosphere, leaving a weak atmosphere that may not slow your ship down in time."

BUG DETECTED:

Sorry guys, but there's a problem with the Scaled Space for Jakis. If you don't know Kopernicus lingo, it means that the textures are no working right. Some of you may have noticed the seam; that's just the beginning of the problems. Once you reach the space-altitude threshold, the Scaled Space diverts to the scaled space of the template and the one given in the Vertex Simplex Absolute. This is a problem only with Jakis; Mevron and Bulldur work fine. Please forgive me for the inconvience, as I will likely have to rebuild Jakis as a result of this.

4 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

Ab5cOwy.png

Made a nice texture using GiMP and SpaceEngine

You can use it if you want!

That texture is very neat. I never got around to using SpaceEngine because I usually use a mac for developing my code. So, my moon textures were all created with KittopiaTexh coding and some effects were created in GiMP.

Heidon's color texture was made solely with GiMP, but I admit that your texture looks way better. When the mod is updated enough, I may use a computer running with Windows to make a more detailed texture.

4 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

I am completely fine with you using it though. You can put it in the next update if you want! Just remember to do a mention for me making the texture!

Can you make terrestrial planet textures in SpaceEngine too?

Everybody, the version 0.2 of this mod was just released! It should be within a day that the moderators at curse approve it. Version 0.2 included Kirus, Hydros, and Vetrum. Special thanks to AR3S_TGL for making the texture for Hydros and his contributions to this mod!

In version 0.3, I may bring back Takloth. I will add in a moon for Kirus, and one for Eeloo. Among the other features will be upgrade atmospheres, biomes for every object except for Mevron and Bulldur, and several Kuiper Built Objects!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.