[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

Mr. @Galileo , and forums folk.

Most of my KSP game play has been in the 'stock' work and when I attempted to step out of that little comfort zone, there was much support.  Thank you, what might seem obvious to some and overly redundant to other, it new to us.  [lol]

For the most part, installing mods is pretty easy and straight forward and there was nothing hard about installing the mods that @Galileo, laid out.  It was pretty easy and I was able to get SSRSS to work just fine, but I wanted clouds.   This is something that I had in the stock game, at first using EVE and then I swapped over to using SVE.

I got the clouds to work!!  [ yea for me and my little stock mind] and I knew it had to be something simple.  Turns out, that when I went back to install all of the mods needed for SSRSS, there is a folder in the SSRSS folder called, "Clouds (optional)".  [Yes... I know , still I thought that EVE did it all] and when I added that folder

Mwsqv4x.jpg

I got this:

OACEoxE.png

Again, I really want to thank @Galileo  for helping out, supporting this mod.

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

Mr. @Galileo , and forums folk.

Most of my KSP game play has been in the 'stock' work and when I attempted to step out of that little comfort zone, there was much support.  Thank you, what might seem obvious to some and overly redundant to other, it new to us.  [lol]

Well, you're in good luck, buddy.

Nobody ever bothered to answer me.

49 minutes ago, Supermarine said:

Well, you're in good luck, buddy.

Nobody ever bothered to answer me.

So, you are annoyed that somebody hasn't answered your question that you could have answered yourself? From what I read, you just had questions about compatibility with other mods. Just try the mod with the other mods you want. If they work, great. If not, oh well. Anything that works with RSS should work with SSRSS.

Look, mod devs don't get paid to do this and we have lives outside of KSP, believe it or not. I have a wife, kid, school, a job and have been extremely busy. I am not obligated to answer anybody's questions and if I wanted to, I could pull support of this mod and wouldn't have to give an explanation. I understand people have questions, and I do my best to answer them when I have time. I don't need people coming here and complaining about the service times of a free mod. 

For anyone wondering, I am in the Army and I am taking part in an exercise over the next 3-4 weeks. I can't provide much troubleshooting besides looking at logs. So, expect longer than normal wait times when asking for help. 

9 hours ago, HiThere!2 said:

Good good

This is incorrect once again. If you have a boulderco folder in your game, it is disabled by SSRSS, so you can delete it. Also, if you have a boulderco folder, that means you have cfgs and textures that aren't being used that are just adding more work to your CPU for no reason. 

Even after me explaining this to you multiple times, you still continue to tell him you need the boulderco folder. 

Don't mind me though, I'm only the developer. 

BoulderCo is not needed. If you accidentally install it, it is disabled by SSRSS to avoid conflicts between cloud configs. 

I can't make it any clearer than that.

Edited by Galileo

On 5/12/2017 at 6:35 AM, Galileo said:

This is incorrect once again. If you have a boulderco folder in your game, it is disabled by SSRSS, so you can delete it. Also, if you have a boulderco folder, that means you have cfgs and textures that aren't being used that are just adding more work to your CPU for no reason. 

Even after me explaining this to you multiple times, you still continue to tell him you need the boulderco folder. 

Don't mind me though, I'm only the developer. 

BoulderCo is not needed. If you accidentally install it, it is disabled by SSRSS to avoid conflicts between cloud configs. 

I can't make it any clearer than that.

I realized my mistake and was replying "good" because he/she got it working with the install that only has the plugins.

And to note, I just glanced at it and didn't see the BuilderCo folder there.

Edited by HiThere!2

4 hours ago, CptZurich said:

Can someone confirm if Mars and the other planets have ore on them in SSRSS. I performed a scan on the moon and found ore, but my scan overt Mars has come up with nothing.

SSRSS doesn't touch resources. If there is any discrepancy with the resources, you are better off asking in the RSS thread.

Edited by Galileo

• 2 weeks later...

Update for 1.3 is up

download in the OP

*Note: Scatterer is not quite compatible with 1.3 and is causing the floating terrain tile bug. If you come across it, DO NOT report it to the scatterer thread. The dev already knows about the issue and it will be fixed when it updates for 1.3.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

*Note: Scatterer is not quite compatible with 1.3 and is causing the floating terrain tile bug

When I turned off the ocean shaders in scatterer's main menu I had none of the floating tiles. (on stock planet with SVE for 1.3 and SVT for 1.2.2 anyways. Scatterer ver 0.0300 running DX9)

Edited by SkyKaptn

First of all thanks for that wonderful mod, really like it.

But I found that since you changed the ScanSAT altitude in 0.0.2.6 I always get the "Too high" message for the ScanSAT parts.

When I switch the setting back to 1 (@scanAltitude = 1), I get these values for the moon that seem reasonable for me:

< 23.500 m: sub-optimal, 23.500 to 47.000 Ideal, >47.000 Too High

With value 0.1 I am always too high for scanning.

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of a problem that I can't seem to resolve. I've read every page of this thread, followed every instruction to the letter three times; but have failed to get any of it to work. I hate being that guy, but I'm pretty new to the game as far as mods go. Installing this doesn't seem difficult at all, so I'm sure I'm just missing something simple (as usual). Here's a screen shot of what I have installed. I have started a fresh install specifically for this mod. Any help would be most appreciated.  -PF

Edited by PF45
Resolved on the newbie thread :D Mod plz delete? Thanks!

So here is my dilima, I like RSS just that the textures are not as good as SSRSS, also even with RSVE, it lacks things like dust storms. Then SSRSS has the stuff I like, it just lacks the lovely view the size of RSS gives. Galileos is great and I would love to play, I was in fact, but it does cause lag problems. I lack a main KSP career playthough and have done more in B list playthroughs and side quests.