[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

I realised this morning that packing parachutes onto a Mars lander is basically pointless... Might have some effect IRL, but the in-game atmosphere will never be thick enough to make them deploy xD

On 2017-6-28 at 11:50 PM, Galileo said:

And a little extra, cool stuff for everyone:

Use this to get high detail terrain with SSRSS.

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! (I even included pictures)
High Detail Preset

Thanks for this :)  Is Image2 correct? I feel like it's a bracket too high...

(Also confusingly, the SSRSS update caused some of my active contracts to go away and credited me for a world first of attaining orbit... all crew/funds/vessels seem to be present so... no biggie?)

Edited by eddiew

@eddiew SSRSS doesn't touch contracts so that maybe either something RSS or perhaps the change to the high and low orbit setting that I had make causes it? I dunno. 

As for the settings yes it's one bracket too high.. I'll fix it lol

@eddiew I fixed it. Sorry for the flub :) 

Edited by Galileo

26 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@eddiew SSRSS doesn't touch contracts so that maybe either something RSS or perhaps the change to the high and low orbit setting that I had make causes it? I dunno. 

Yeah, I didn't think it was meant to, but I lost a science data from the surface of Mars. Nevermind, maybe another one will appear in the next 180 game days :) 

*edit* There's one now!

Edited by eddiew

Trying to wrap my brainbox around the maths of the sizes of the Sun vs Moon as seen from Earth... The sun is less conspicuously huge now, but the moon seems rather petite. Is the Earth-Moon distance relatively larger, or is there some funny perspective trickery that I haven't worked out?

22 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Trying to wrap my brainbox around the maths of the sizes of the Sun vs Moon as seen from Earth... The sun is less conspicuously huge now, but the moon seems rather petite. Is the Earth-Moon distance relatively larger, or is there some funny perspective trickery that I haven't worked out?

That's just how it looks. The moon has the correct radius and SMA. 

19 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That's just how it looks. The moon has the correct radius and SMA. 

Interesting... I'd work out why, but I have a feeling the answer involves mathematics beyond the capacity of my puny mind :P  I think the short version is that doubling the distance to an object is probably not a linear function that simply halves its apparent size.

Which really makes it seem improbable that human civilisation has arisen at the particular point in time when our specific moon and our specific sun are the same size in the sky, thus allowing us to observe the solar corona during eclipses. Few million years either way and the Moon is too big or too small to give the same effect. Screw you, serendipity, undermining atheism at every turn :/  (Unless exposure to solar eclipses makes you smarter by the magic of magic. In which case all is clear.)

Edited by eddiew

I took the lazy approach this time and let CKAN update my SSRSS install, and now Phobos and Deimos are completely missing from my game. Is this a bug in the new update or a CKAN mess up?

16 minutes ago, Dafni said:

I took the lazy approach this time and let CKAN update my SSRSS install, and now Phobos and Deimos are completely missing from my game. Is this a bug in the new update or a CKAN mess up?

CKAN problem more than likely. SSRSS for 1.3 has gone through some changes. safe bet is to install manually 

Very interesting mod! Kinda weird that this is already updated with 1.3, but normal RSS is not.

Anyways, very nice mod. Might play with it.

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Very interesting mod! Kinda weird that this is already updated with 1.3, but normal RSS is not.

Anyways, very nice mod. Might play with it.

I mean RSS works in 1.3 for the most part. The small issues RSS has in 1.3 I have fixed in this mod. Last I checked, the RSS devs have merged my fixes into RSS are going to be using them in the next release of RSS, so RSS is updated through this mod in a way. I'm sure they will make more changes though. 

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I mean RSS works in 1.3 for the most part. The small issues RSS has in 1.3 I have fixed in this mod. Last I checked, the RSS devs have merged my fixes into RSS are going to be using them in the next release of RSS, so RSS is updated through this mod in a way. I'm sure they will make more changes though. 

Cool indeed, awesome!

Hi. I am having a little trouble with clouds on this mod. Just downloaded and installed this and now there are no clouds and scatterer doesn't pop up at the start menu. I am also getting an error message when starting up KSP, "1 error related to gamedata/stockvisualenhancements/sve_configs/scatterer_setting.cfg". Any ideas or help? Thanks. 

Edit: I just reinstalled everything and it seems to be working fine now. Love the mod. Thanks!

Edited by chimpbone

Ok, hope I do this right.  It appears that some experiments do not show properly in the R&D Archives.  Makes it hard for me to tell where I've gathered science from.  I tested with a fresh 1.3 stock install and verified that it worked properly.  Then I added the basic SSRSS stuff and get the screen shot linked.  The screen shots show the issue and my gamedata folder.  Does this make any sense to anyone?

http://imgur.com/2K6iBTK

http://imgur.com/PzI7ROh

1 hour ago, Joker58th said:

Ok, hope I do this right.  It appears that some experiments do not show properly in the R&D Archives.  Makes it hard for me to tell where I've gathered science from.  I tested with a fresh 1.3 stock install and verified that it worked properly.  Then I added the basic SSRSS stuff and get the screen shot linked.  The screen shots show the issue and my gamedata folder.  Does this make any sense to anyone?

http://imgur.com/2K6iBTK

http://imgur.com/PzI7ROh

Not an SSRSS issue. It's RSS and the fact that it's not updated for 1.3 and localization.