[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:39 PM, Qwarkk said:

Are the days in SSRSS supposed to be 8 hours long?

That was done on purpose because it makes orbital periods and travel times closer to their real life values.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, DocRockwell said:

Is it complicated to increase the scale a touch, to like 2x stock size? Trying to find a nice balance between difficulty and historically accurate rockets (built with SSTU low part count solutions, in my case) being able to fulfill their missions.

There's already a half-size RSS, and it's creator told me he's working on a quarter-size RSS (2.65x SSRSS).  Perhaps you could inquire about the status of that.

(EDIT)

And right on cue, this was released just minutes ago...

Of course we'd like you to continue using SSRSS, but if you really want an upscaled version, you might consider trying out QSRSS.

Edited by OhioBob

If you don't want the added challenge, use this config to unincline the moons

@Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]{ @Body[Phobos] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 1.093  } } @Body[Deimos] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 0.93  } } @Body[Moon] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 5.145  } } @Body[Io] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 0.05  } } @Body[Europa] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 0.470  } } @Body[Ganymede] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 2.214  } } @Body[Callisto] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 2.017  } } @Body[Triton] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 129.812  } }}

Sorry about the messed-up appearance.

Edited by Adstriduum

18 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

If you don't want the added challenge, use this config to unincline the moons

@Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]{ @Body[Phobos] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 1.093  } } @Body[Deimos] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 0.93  } } @Body[Moon] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 5.145  } } @Body[Io] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 0.05  } } @Body[Europa] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 0.470  } } @Body[Ganymede] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 2.214  } } @Body[Callisto] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 2.017  } } @Body[Triton] {  @Orbit  {   @inclination = 129.812  } }}

Sorry about the messed-up appearance.

Thanks, but what about Saturn's moons?

3 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Thanks, but what about Saturn's moons?

They are already uninclined to match the plane of the rings. This might have changed but if they have I will fix it ASAP.

29 minutes ago, Adstriduum said:

They are already uninclined to match the plane of the rings. This might have changed but if they have I will fix it ASAP.

That makes sense, but there is still something not quite right with the inclinations given in the RSS configs.  The rings orbit in Saturn's equatorial plane, and in RSS both the equator and the rings have an inclination of zero.  Therefore the orbital inclinations of the moons should equal their real-life inclinations relative to Saturn's equator.  But they don't, or at least not in all cases.  For example, Titan's inclination relative to Saturn's equator is 0.3485°, but in RSS its inclination is 6.46049267977552 degrees.  Iapetus is another one that is far off, having a RL inclination of 15.47° and a RSS inclination of 7.489°.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

That makes sense, but there is still something not quite right with the inclinations given in the RSS configs.  The rings orbit in Saturn's equatorial plane, and in RSS both the equator and the rings have an inclination of zero.  Therefore the orbital inclinations of the moons should equal their real-life inclinations relative to Saturn's equator.  But they don't, or at least not in all cases.  For example, Titan's inclination relative to Saturn's equator is 0.3485°, but in RSS its inclination is 6.46049267977552 degrees.  Iapetus is another one that is far off, having a RL inclination of 15.47° and a RSS inclination of 7.489°.

True. I MIGHT make a seperate one that fixes the inclinations of the moons AND rings.

Edited by Adstriduum

Chears @Galileo. I have a noob question. I'm trying this mod for the first time and i noticed something, when i install SSRSS it disables, in the Scatterer Gui, the integrate effects with EVE clouds, Godrays and Activates the Draw atmo on top of EVE clouds (the old shading). Is this on purpose? Or am I doing something wrong? Do you need logs, etc? :blush:

P.S. 
Congratulations on this great mod. :wink:

7 hours ago, PmThay said:

Chears @Galileo. I have a noob question. I'm trying this mod for the first time and i noticed something, when i install SSRSS it disables, in the Scatterer Gui, the integrate effects with EVE clouds, Godrays and Activates the Draw atmo on top of EVE clouds (the old shading). Is this on purpose? Or am I doing something wrong? Do you need logs, etc? :blush:

P.S. 
Congratulations on this great mod. :wink:

All of that is on purpose. I highly recommend you do not touch the settings 

I got the freshest install of my game I can get and I followed the instructions given exactly, but when I put scatterer into my gamedata the ocean disappears as well as the sky and I get .4 fps

This is my GameData folder: http://imgur.com/a/dfnzs

Great mod, wanted to get back into ksp with ssrss after looking at jupiter's clouds and saturn's rings with my telescope, just can't stand the looks of ksp without scatterer and eve.

Edit: without the SSRSS folder it boots up with scatterer perfectly and saturn doesn't have any glitches, but with SSRSS things get wonky with saturn..

ALSO I know why some mac users were getting those big yellow lines in the map view, it's because the textures are .dds files and mac doesn't like those too much but they should still work in game. I got that when i used OPM or some other planet mods but it doesn't always happen. 

Edited by Not Sure

Hey loving the mod.

For some reason though, Titan appears to me totally black. Only happens with the clouds settings.

Some screenshots. Also added a ss of the mods I'm currently using, which is only SSRSS and its requirements.

Installed all via ckan, also I'm running the game in x64 if that helps. I've tried both the low and high res clouds.

I have a couple of entry level questions.

1.) Is there a dV cheat sheet? or will the normal 1.2 one work since this is stock sized?  I was reading about the inclination issue and didn't know if something had perhaps changed?
2.) Is there a SVE that works with SSRSS?  Again, since this is stock sized will the normal work? 

again, thank you

1 minute ago, gamerscircle said:

I have a couple of entry level questions.

1.) Is there a dV cheat sheet? or will the normal 1.2 one work since this is stock sized?  I was reading about the inclination issue and didn't know if something had perhaps changed?
2.) Is there a SVE that works with SSRSS?  Again, since this is stock sized will the normal work? 

again, thank you

1) no DV map yet

2) configs fro Eve, Scatterer and so on are included in the download.

11 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

1) no DV map yet

2) configs fro Eve, Scatterer and so on are included in the download.

So, not SVE, but download them separately and using the ssrss configs, I haven't downloaded yet and wanted to ask before I attempted.  Thanks again. 

16 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

So, not SVE, but download them separately and using the ssrss configs, I haven't downloaded yet and wanted to ask before I attempted.  Thanks again. 

Just download EVE (not the cfgs) and Scatterer separately. Install like normal and run the game. SVE will not work with ssrss

I've been waiting for this mod since I joined the forum. The disappointment was great when I discovered the closed topic. I was hoping that @Galileo would be this unnamed person. And it really has come so.

And then I overslept the release.:confused:

I'll play this next, real planets - incredible.

But now it's really time to build a new computer.

Greetings

Is it kopernicus or ssrss that is causing this?

O2KMsRB.jpg

I checked everything for the most recent version including kopernicus, module manager, sigma, and rss. I believe the same bug is why scatterer refuses to run. The rings DO load without ssrss installed. 

Awesome mod!

Everthing is working, except my Earth's atmosphere ends at 140,000m. I understand it should be stock-sized (70km), i.e. my Earth is twice as big, making it much harder to get to orbit using stock parts.

How do I fix this? I'm not really able (read: competent) to edit the cfg files...

Edited by CptZurich

6 hours ago, CptZurich said:

Awesome mod!

Everthing is working, except my Earth's atmosphere ends at 140,000m. I understand it should be stock-sized (70km), i.e. my Earth is twice as big, making it much harder to get to orbit using stock parts.

How do I fix this? I'm not really able (read: competent) to edit the cfg files...

Sounds like you didn't install sigma dimensions. 

I did, but perhaps incorrectly.

I solved the problem (that is, if the Earth/space boundary is supposed to be around 87km).

I just reinstalled all the mods and also found and installed the SSRSS folder (for some reason not included in the OP's post).

NEW PROBLEM:

My escape velocity for Earth is still 11km/s... That's not stock-size. Any solutions?

EDIT:

Problem solved and I am a noob... I missed the big, obvious DOWNLOAD link in the OP's post (meaning I had the wrong version of SSRSS). I have no more problems. Thanks for the help!

Edited by CptZurich
I'm a noob

Ohh boy... this is fantastic.

Today I was considering at last trying an alternate Solar System and here it is. Originally I was going for the OPM, but I fell for the shaded rings of Saturn.

I've got some questions though. I have over 60 mods installed and running perfectly fine. I want a smooth transition.

• Is the SSRSS Earth's axis tilted?
  • Is the Moon's orbit perfectly aligned with the ecliptic plane? Is it tidally locked? (I know I will lose Minmus... :()
  • Where is the KSC located? Do you launch from the equator?
  • Is it compatible with the Community Resource pack, stock ore, etc.?
  • Will Transfer Window Planner and K Engineer Redux have any issues in SSRSS?
  • How does the DSN and KerbNet work here? Do you have ground stations in SSRSS Earth? 
Edited by Supermarine
typos corrected

On 5/8/2017 at 7:08 AM, Galileo said:

Just download EVE (not the cfgs) and Scatterer separately. Install like normal and run the game. SVE will not work with ssrss

Thank you @Galileo , I read down further and it seems that scatter is having problems?  Is that only with RSS and not SSRSS?