[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

1 minute ago, DocRockwell said:

Has KSC Switcher been updated for 1.3?

There isn't an update on the official page (https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher/releases) and I don't know where @eddiew got their version (they might still be in 1.2.2) but I recompiled KSCSwitcher for GPP and the dll is available to download (https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/raw/master/Optional Mods/GPP_KSCSwitcher/GameData/KSCSwitcher/Plugins/KSCSwitcher.dll). Just download the 1.2.2 version and replace the dll.

7 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

There isn't an update on the official page (https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher/releases) and I don't know where @eddiew got their version (they might still be in 1.2.2) but I recompiled KSCSwitcher for GPP and the dll is available to download (https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/raw/master/Optional Mods/GPP_KSCSwitcher/GameData/KSCSwitcher/Plugins/KSCSwitcher.dll). Just download the 1.2.2 version and replace the dll.

Sweet! Thanks! Works like a charm.

7 minutes ago, Ciko said:

Hi Galileo. I`m carefully install your mod on latest KSP version with no other mods. Nothing happened. I think it is becuse I play on russian text localisation. Can you please make patch to play your mod with russian KSP text?

Привет! You might have installed it incorrectly. Could you post a link to your output_log.txt and picture of your /GameData folder please?

@Ciko can you post your output_log.txt

The Logs
These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Hey @Galileo,

Few things I've noticed from my early career. Not sure how many of these are problems from SSRSS but figured it was worth reporting :)

1. "High" altitude over Earth is really high - like I took it up to 10,000km before it considered me high enough. That's like a quarter the way to the Moon :S
  2. Navball is switching to orbit mode at just 10km. Seems the navballSwitchRadiusMult property (in RSS/Earth.cfg) needs overriding. 0.05 results in a nice 30km handover.
  3. My clock is stuck in 24 hour mode but the planet rotates several (4?) times during this...

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Hey @Galileo,

Few things I've noticed from my early career. Not sure how many of these are problems from SSRSS but figured it was worth reporting :)

1. "High" altitude over Earth is really high - like I took it up to 10,000km before it considered me high enough. That's like a quarter the way to the Moon :S
  2. Navball is switching to orbit mode at just 10km. Seems the navballSwitchRadiusMult property (in RSS/Earth.cfg) needs overriding. 0.05 results in a nice 30km handover.
  3. My clock is stuck in 24 hour mode but the planet rotates several (4?) times during this...

Thanks!

I can fix the first two, but the third issue, you will have to fix. Delete the plugin inside the plugins folder in RSS. It's a time formatter. Kopernicus used to have a thing called kopernicus time that would override that plugin, but was removed in a later version. :/ 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I can fix the first two, but the third issue, you will have to fix. Delete the plugin inside the plugins folder in RSS. It's a time formatter. Kopernicus used to have a thing called kopernicus time that would override that plugin, but was removed in a later version. :/ 

As long as there's a way I'm happy :) 

Meanwhile, I've noticed a disturbing parallel with my first Moon probe during its voyage home...

xAhIfvb.png

Edited by eddiew

Sorry @Galileo, another bug. In the Sigma config, you have:

@scanAltitude = 0.1

but scan altitudes are multiplied by (@resize * @scanAltitude), so this makes them 1% of normal. I suspect you actually want them to be the same as stock so I suggest

@scanAltitude = 10.618333333333336685187222222223

which cancels out the @resize and sets everything back to stock altitudes :) 

Edited by eddiew

On 6/20/2017 at 0:25 PM, eddiew said:

They actually appear to be fine - maybe SigmaDimensions is handling that now? Either way I'd suggest you can add KSC Switcher to the list of compatible mods, because there's plenty of launch site options here :)  Naturally none are equatorial :P 

Cape Canaveral can appear in the sea on first load, but switch away and back and it's on land. One of them is on a peninsula that forces the runway out into the ocean, but most look fairly legit, minus some ground colour issues.

8XazvVo.png

...also I don't know how or why, but my game is using only 3gb of memory. It needed 5 yesterday, so this is very odd :huh:

where is this? It looks beautiful

Proper this time

10 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

where is this? It looks beautiful

I believe that's the launch site in Iraq, or the north of Egypt. Early launches you can pretty much do from anywhere so I moved around a bit.

Later on I'll probably end up launching either from Brazil, because it's closest to the equator, or Cape Canaveral because you can launch into plane with the moon. Which probably explains why Cape Canaveral was built where it was :o 

34 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'll be updating this tonight and fixing all of the issues that have been brought up. 

Does that include the vast sun of doom that threatens to engulf the Earth? :D 

Just now, Galileo said:

Yeah I will adjust that as well.

Nice, thank you. Not that I'm averse to seeing the sun in a red giant phase, but I didn't think that was your plan :) 

UPDATE

V0.0.2.8
Change Log:

• New aurora texture
  • Lightning on Venus and Jupiter
  • Added Kopernicus Expansion footprint support
  • Disabled Scatterer's ocean shaders to avoid the floating tile bug
  • Fixed super-sized sun when scatterer isn't installed
  • Earth is no longer called Kerbin in some instances (Distant Objects, etc.)
  • Fixed ScanSat scan altitude
  • Fixed "High/Low Orbit" altitude
  • Added Kronometer support: changes date/time format
    • Earth has a 8 hour day like before
    • Kronometer must be installed for this to work

DOWNLOAD

Install instructions in the OP

UPDATE (Let's pretend 0.0.2.8 never happened :))
v0.0.2.9
Change Log:

• New aurora texture
  • Lightning on Venus and Jupiter
  • Added very light clouds on Mars
  • Added Kopernicus Expansion footprint support
  • Fixed super-sized sun when scatterer isn't installed
  • Earth is no longer called Kerbin in some instances (Distant Objects, etc.)
  • Fixed ScanSat scan altitude
  • Fixed "High/Low Orbit" altitude
  • Fixed KSCSwitcher
    • Cape Canaveral does not spawn in the ocean anymore
  • Added Kronometer support
    • Earth has a 8 hour day
    • Kronometer must be installed for this to work

DOWNLOAD

Install instructions in the OP