[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

I have no idea how squad determines the pressure for each part. For all I know, it could be a global thing that's hard coded? All I have seen around the forums lately regarding Venus, is that the pressure curve is over powered and makes it impossible to land on with anything.

51 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I have no idea how squad determines the pressure for each part. For all I know, it could be a global thing that's hard coded? All I have seen around the forums lately regarding Venus, is that the pressure curve is over powered and makes it impossible to land on with anything.

True, its impossible it seems.

From what I gather so far, the common part pressure limit is 4000. Dont know if this goes for all parts, nor what units it uses.

There seems to be a patch floating around somewhere on here to fix this whole issue. Our dear @gamerscircle just provided me with a patch config thing via stream that looks like it changes the pressure limit of parts to 20000. But I just noted down a few lines of half cryptic text that I am stuck to implement into the game myself.

looks a lot like this:      (but it has the fancy brackets, plus that wavy line instead of -)

@PART(*):HAS(-maxPressure(<4000)):NEEDS(RealSolarSystem)(%maxPressure=20000)

sounds like a good fix, but of course changing the pressure curve of Venus would work too. Or like you guys said just disable the setting. Dont see why we need it anyway, and it can be terrifying when parts just expode seemingly out of the blue.

And yeah, please excuse my ignorance when it come to writing configs etc

many thanks for your help in advance.

(edit: I´m throwing this out here to contribute to the understanding of the issue, rather than getting help writing configs. Guess its hopeless when I dont even find that wavy line on my keyboard:rolleyes:)

Edited by Dafni

Pressure limits could be interesting if parts were differentiated by heavier / more advanced parts with higher pressure limits. In a system where all parts have the same pressure limit it's probably better to decide whether a body is meant to be landed on or not and then adjust the planet's pressure curve to be survivable.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:48 PM, Galileo said:

I haven't changed it, so the problem still exists. You can either change the pressure curve values or just remove the curve for the time being. Maybe @OhioBob can cook up a new pressure curve for SSRSS, with his knowledge of all things curves :) 

Why don`t Add The Overheating From The Overheating from the cursed planet

On 7/20/2017 at 0:30 PM, Tyko said:

UPDATE: 0.0.3.0 changed the ground height of the Brazil location I created. The two Brazil configs have been updated to put the KSC back on the ground.

• SSRSS_Sigma2.5x24Hour_Tyko.cfg - Scales the system to 2.5x (approx 1/4 size of real solar system) to make it more challenging and bring the Delta-V requirements more in alignment with the capabilities of Stock parts - it's much more difficult to SSTO. To use this, replace the SSRSS_Sigma.cfg file in SSRSS/Configs.
  • KSC_Brazil_1x.cfg - relocates the KSC to Northern Brazil. If you want your Kerbals to speak Portuguese and launch with 0.0 inclination, this change is for you
  • KSC_Brazil_Sigma2.5x.cfg does the same move, but is designed to work with the Sigma2.5x config above.
  • Stockalike_Inclinations_Tyko.cfg - builds on @Galileo's changes. His adjusted the planets to stockalike inclinations. Mine also adjusts the moons to be much closer to co-planar with the system by using real world inclinations for them. This replaces Galileo's version. I might change it so that it's just an add-on mod and doesn't require the other to be disabled.

The files can be downloaded below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v6iw9qvwqs12mgu/AAB7pzxmhQBO4KGxBZvkiuBka?dl=0

Any feedback is welcome :)

Thanks to @Dafni for catching the change!

Edited by Tyko

2 hours ago, Kerbal Tween said:

Why Does The Scatter Effects Go Away From Less Then Lunar Orbital height for earth and other planets 

Because you need to use an older version of sigma dimensions. SSRSS has not been updated to work with the latest version.

Edited by Galileo

16 hours ago, Kerbal Tween said:

Why Does The Scatter Effects Go Away From Less Then Lunar Orbital height for earth and other planets 

I have reuploaded SSRSS v0.0.3.0 with the fix for scatterer and the latest SD. Just redownload and install and things should work fine now

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 9:54 AM, Dafni said:

install I built around @Tyko´s 2.5x rescale config

@Dafni and/or @Tyko, have you guys considered making a 2.5RSS mod/thread? There's alot of us who feel 2.5 is perfect for stock-like rockets.
Also what is this Install for the config? I can't seem to find it.

Edited by JedTech

1 hour ago, JedTech said:

@Dafni and/or @Tyko, have you guys considered making a 2.5RSS mod/thread? There's alot of us who feel 2.5 is perfect for stock-like rockets.

I agree with you there. But I am just a user though, no idea myself about writing mods or configs.

The install I was talking about is just that, a stock KSP install where I added the lovely SSRSS mod and its dependencies, and then went ahead and added Tykos configs that he posted here.

All the different iterations of KSP on my drive I call "installs", sorry for the confusion. Like I have an RSS install, a SSRSS install etc.

Hi, and thanks for that beautiful mod.

I played in the past SSRSS, without any issues. I restarted a game with Kerbalism & SSRSS. and now SOI of Earth is weird.

Limit is around half way between Moon and Earth. Is there something to tweak?

Gamedata cleared, problem solved !

Thanks

dyiM3sN.png

Edited by Psycopyro
Solved

Hi

thanks a lot for your work ! it's awesome. Just a question : how to have proper missions ? because instead of going to mun I have going to mercury

edit : is that normal that game says me that RSS is can't work with 1.3 ? thanks

thanks a lot

Edited by dureiken

On 9/23/2017 at 11:49 PM, JedTech said:

@JedTech glad you like the changes I made. the install is pretty straightforward, but not as easy as it could be. I'll provide you the steps below and take a look at making changes to simplify it in the future.

1. find GameData/SSRSS/configs/SSRSS_Sigma.cfg and rename it to SSRSS_Sigma.txt    - this disables that config.
  2. Create a folder in GameData and name it SSRSS_2.5x (you can name it anything you want to or even just throw the configs directly in GameData. This is just a convenient way to keep track of the new configs in case you need to make changes later)
  3. Download the files from: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v6iw9qvwqs12mgu/AAB7pzxmhQBO4KGxBZvkiuBka?dl=0
  4. Copy SSRSS_Sigma2.5x24Hour_Tyko.cfg into your new GameData/SSRSS_2.5x folder. 
  5. That's all you have to do to scale SSRSS to 2.5x.

There are two optional additions that make changes to SSRSS.

1. Change moon inclinations to (close to) real world equivalents. - RSS and SSRSS have the planets and moons on highly inclined orbits to try to make up for the fact the KSP doesn't let you tilt planets. SSRSS comes with a stockalike inclinations that shifts the planets to be closer to real life, but doesn't touch the moons. Mine also adjusts the moons.
    1. Don't install (or delete if already installed) the Stockalike Inclinations file that is provided with SSRSS
    2. Instead copy my Stockalike_Inclinations_Tyko.cfg into the GameData/SSRSS_2.5x folder you created in Step 2 above
  2. Move the KSC to the equator. There's a handy island in Northern Brazil, right at the mouth of the Amazon, that's exactly on the equator. Launching from there will put you in an equatorial orbit without having to execute a plane change. In Stock KSP the KSC is on the equator. So if you're just moving over to non-stock systems this will ease your transition a bit, but it does make SSRSS less "realistic" because there aren't any launch facilities on the equator in the real world. 
    1. copy KSC_Brazil_Sigma2.5x.cfg into the same GameData/SSRSS_2.5x folder you created for Step 2 above

Edited by Tyko

1 minute ago, Likasombodee said:

Is there a calculator for going to other planets for this?

Here are two ways...

1. The Transfer Window Planner mod will provide accurate calculations for you
  2. Use a real world DeltaV chart and multiply by 0.5.
    1. the rule of thumb is that you use the square root of the scalar. An SSRSS 2.5x system works out to roughly a 1/4 scale real solar system (0.25 scalar). Square Root of 0.25 = 0.5  (keep me honest here guys, but that's how I understand it)

4 hours ago, Tyko said:

Use a real world DeltaV chart and multiply by 0.5...  Square Root of 0.25 = 0.5  (keep me honest here guys, but that's how I understand it)

Yup can confirm, I've used this equation for Quater-sized-RSS and it works great! I use this and divide the numbers in half according to your fancier math above.AAGJvD1.png 

12 hours ago, Melaconda said:

KSC_Brazil_Sigma2.5x.cfg does it work with KSC Switcher?

I'm not sure. This mod forcibly moves the default KSC location to the equator. It doesn't add another location. Have you tried it?

Yes, I tried it but it did not work, Searching here in the forum, I discovered a post from 2015 that encapsulates how to add extra KSC in the KSC Switcher, I'm modifying some line to create a separate .CFG file in RSS, which adds the Alcantara base in Brazil , it lacks an adjustment in the rotation of the base, as soon as it repairs, I put the file here, the Alcantara base is not exactly at the equator, but it is close.

3 hours ago, Melaconda said:

Yes, I tried it but it did not work, Searching here in the forum, I discovered a post from 2015 that encapsulates how to add extra KSC in the KSC Switcher, I'm modifying some line to create a separate .CFG file in RSS, which adds the Alcantara base in Brazil , it lacks an adjustment in the rotation of the base, as soon as it repairs, I put the file here, the Alcantara base is not exactly at the equator, but it is close.

Glad you found a solution. I don't switch launch centers during play, so I went with the most direct solution of just moving the KSC.

Here is the .cfg, for those who use KSC Switcher just unpack the contents in the folder GameData, that a file called LaunchSites_Alcantara.cfg, will appear inside the folder RealSolarSystem, adding the KSC BR - Alcântara to the others already existent. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffr0d0nxsknhhgv/RSS KSC Switcher BR-Alcântara.rar?dl=0

The proximity of the base to the equator (2 degrees and 18 minutes south latitude).

Feel free to modify!

@KSCSWITCHER:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]
{
	@LaunchSites
	{
		Site
		{
			name = br_alcantara
			displayName = BR - Alcântara
			description = The Alcântara Launch Center (Portuguese: Centro de Lançamento de Alcântara (CLA)) is a satellite launching base of the Brazilian Space Agency in the city of Alcântara, located on Brazil's northern Atlantic coast, in the state of Maranhão. It is operated by the Brazilian Air Force (Comando da Aeronáutica). The CLA is the closest launching base to the equator. This gives the launch site a significant advantage in launching geosynchronous satellites, an attribute shared by the Guiana Space Centre. Construction of the base began in 1982. The first launch occurred on February 21, 1990, when the sounding rocket Sonda 2 XV-53 was launched. So far,[when?] only sounding rockets and VLS rockets have been launched from Alcântara. On August 22, 2003, the explosion of the third VLS-1 (XV-03) killed 21 people.
			PQSCity
			{
				KEYname = KSC
				latitude = -2.303380
				longitude = -44.453715
				repositionRadiusOffset = 98
				repositionToSphereSurface = false
				lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
				reorientFinalAngle = -44.800000
			}
			PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
			{
				radius = 20000
				heightMapDeformity = 80
				absoluteOffset = 45
				absolute = true
				latitude = -2.303380
				longitude = -44.453715
			}
		}

}
}

Read too ! 

Edited by Melaconda

51 minutes ago, dureiken said:

Hi,

Thanks for this mod, I have a question :

is that normal that in game texture are awful, specially clouds :

and in map texture wonderful  :

Thanks

It was an oversight by me. When Sigma Dimensions started changing EVE settings natively, I forgot to set the clouds up for it. I'll make a hot fix soon.