[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

2 hours ago, Aelios said:

Some contract packs ask for orbits outside the SOI Earth's moon, so I've been using this to increase the SOI of everything. This may be a workaroud you could try. (I put this in a file I created 'GameData/MyCustoms/SSRSS.cfg')

```

@SigmaDimensions
{
    CustomSoISize = 1.5
}

```

Are you sure that's working?  According to the Sigma Dimension definitions:

CustomSoISize, <double>, default value = 0, Enabled if set to any positive number.

ENABLED:  Sphere of Influence is multiplyed by this parameter.
DISABLED: Sphere of Influence is multiplyed by the "Rescale" parameter.

Affects only bodies with the Sphere of Influence defined in their config file.

That last sentence is important...  CustomSoISize factors the SOI radius only when the parameter sphereOfInfluence is defined in the body's config.  It's pretty rare that the SOI radius is defined by the mod developer.  That's usually only done in special cases.  The only body is SSRSS that I know of to use the sphereOfInfluence parameter is Phobos.

When sphereOfInfluence is not defined, KSP computes the SOI radius using the equation,

SOI = d * (m / M)0.4

where d is the distance between the bodies (KSP uses semimajor axis), m is the mass of the smaller body, and M is the mass of the larger body.

In a rescaled system the ratio of the masses stays the same, so SOI changes proportional to "d".  Since d is the semimajor axis, and the semimajor axis is factored by the parameter Rescale, then the SOI changes proportionally to Rescale.

Edited by OhioBob

On 08/05/2017 at 1:05 AM, Frizzon said:

Hey loving the mod.

For some reason though, Titan appears to me totally black. Only happens with the clouds settings.

Some screenshots. Also added a ss of the mods I'm currently using, which is only SSRSS and its requirements.

Installed all via ckan, also I'm running the game in x64 if that helps. I've tried both the low and high res clouds.

I have exactly the same problem...

Any idea ?

26 minutes ago, Nathangun said:

I'm not sure what files are the configs. There are DLL files in the Plugin folder and the button PNG file & Bundle file.

Here are the EVE releases:  https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

You want the download the file named "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.2.2.1.zip", not the one named "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip".

Thanks @OhioBob so I did it correct first time, I am however having that problem with Titian been black and KSC is shaded.

Output Log

Modlist 

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
Kopernicus - 1.3.1.3
Kronometer - 1.3.1.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
RealSolarSystem - 12.0
Sigma Dimensions-v0.9.6
SSRSS - 0.0.3.1
Sigma LoadingScreens

HN8uZqf.jpg

Titan??

cbtyhlX.jpg

tVOO3Mu.jpg

Edited by Nathangun

3 hours ago, Nathangun said:

Thanks @OhioBob so I did it correct first time, I am however having that problem with Titian been black and KSC is shaded.

That's because SSRSS hasn't been updated yet to be fully compatible with the lastest Kopernicus.  While you're waiting for an update, just delete the following file and it should work OK:

SSRSS/configs/SunCurve.cfg

Am I supposed to have two kopernicus folders?

one is in: ksp/Gamedata/Gamedata

the other is in:ksp/Gamedata

When I open ksp it informs me this message:Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. 

1 hour ago, Bearmaster said:

Am I supposed to have two kopernicus folders?

No, you want one Kopernicus folder.  There shouldn't be anything in KSP/GameData/GameData.  In the Kopernicus download is a folder GameData, inside of which are two folders - Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator.  Copy those two folders to your KSP/GameData folder.  You also need ModuleManager, but the one in the Kopernicus download is outdated.  You should download and install ModuleManager.3.0.1.dll, which should also be placed inside KSP/GameData.

Also make sure you followed the SSRSS install instructions exactly.  There are several components that you have to download and install separately:  SSRSS, RSS, RSS Textures, Sigma Dimensions, and Kopernicus.  If you're getting that Kopernicus error, then you didn't install something correctly.  For instance, omitting the textures will trigger that error message.

Edited by OhioBob

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

That's because SSRSS hasn't been updated yet to be fully compatible with the lastest Kopernicus.  While you're waiting for an update, just delete the following file and it should work OK:

SSRSS/configs/SunCurve.cfg

Thank you for your advice and your time.

That sorted out the KSC glitch, any advice on the Titan problem? 

I'm in no hurry, busy working like everyone else. 

Just now, Nathangun said:

That sorted out the KSC glitch, any advice on the Titan problem? 

I don't know what the Titan issue is, but I recall reading something about it several pages back.  I don't know if a solution was given or not.  I suggest you start reading backward through the thread and maybe you'll find something.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:02 PM, OhioBob said:

I don't know what the Titan issue is, but I recall reading something about it several pages back.  I don't know if a solution was given or not.  I suggest you start reading backward through the thread and maybe you'll find something.

This was the only solution I found (below), but my imaging program doesn't recognize the file format :( 

On 10/4/2017 at 6:28 PM, Melaconda said:

I think I've figured out a temporary solution to the Titan problem staying in the dark all the time, it looks like it has some problem in Titan's EVE / SSRSS cloud texture, I just resized the orange texture from 20x20 to 64x64. Can anyone tell me if Titan with original texture 20x20 looks like this?

Reveal hidden contents

qIEW454.png

lack any atmosphere effect?

I'm having an issue installing rss via ckan. I get an error that mentions something like my ksp version isn't compatible. I'm on the very latest 1.3.1890 I think...? When I install it manually with the rss download and textures it isn't applying. Will need to do some further install research but I was hoping to install via ckan since that's noob proof. Anyone have a fix for it? Maybe a ckan setting?

35 minutes ago, Philaphlous said:

I'm having an issue installing rss via ckan. I get an error that mentions something like my ksp version isn't compatible. I'm on the very latest 1.3.1890 I think...? When I install it manually with the rss download and textures it isn't applying. Will need to do some further install research but I was hoping to install via ckan since that's noob proof. Anyone have a fix for it? Maybe a ckan setting?

Technically RSS is not updated for 1.3.1, but SSRSS has a patch within it that makes it work. It does not get rid of the incompatibility message though. Also, for any more support I will need output logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. If you need help finding your logs, see the “how to get support” button in my signature.

Edited by Galileo

23 hours ago, Galileo said:

Technically RSS is not updated for 1.3.1, but SSRSS has a patch within it that makes it work. It does not get rid of the incompatibility message though. Also, for any more support I will need output logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. If you need help finding your logs, see the “how to get support” button in my signature.

Thanks for the quick response. I have 2 builds of ksp on my laptop. 1 is a fresh install and the other is the 1.3.0 patched to 1.3.1. The patched version works great except for environmental visual effects which isn't working correctly...not sure why and I don't get an error. I do get the error for rss but it works perfectly! Earth is freaking huge which I think I've got an issue there...like no rockets can reach an orbit for me. Lol and there's no clouds on earth which is probably a EVE error. I know earth(kerbin) isn't the correct size because when I go to map video I start inside kerbin...lol. I'll have to play around with it this weekend. 

After thinking about it and taking a 2nd look....I think I installed RSS and not SSRSS.... Im at work but I only see "realsolarsystem" in my mod folder...yea it's the wrong one. Lol whops....

Edited by Philaphlous

OK got it working! I'll have to post some screenshots soon. Ran into a few issues and basically had to download a new game and restart on my mods....

Previous build I had no stars/clouds on Mars...earth was good but Mars was bugged. Haven't checked it this build yet but will soon. Also noticed at night on earth there's no night light glow...what could be causing that? No city lights I mean..

I have been having a problem similar to the Titan-Blacking, except this problem is with earth. UsnblEy.png

I am not sure what has been causing the problem. Replacing the RSS textures didn't work.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Game data:blEd4WZ.png

am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Thoukydides said:

I have been having a problem similar to the Titan-Blacking, except this problem is with earth. UsnblEy.png

I am not sure what has been causing the problem. Replacing the RSS textures didn't work.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Game data:blEd4WZ.png

am I missing something?

I´m having the same problem!!

Got the clouds back and ground now. Everything looks great on Kerbin/Earth...however, when I journey to mars....

SSRSS error3

I take it, in the SVE/SVE_Configs/SVE_Clouds, I need to rename:

name = Duna-DustStorms
		body = Duna

to

name = Duna-DustStorms
		body = Mars

????

It also seems im having compaability issues... If I remove the SVE folder EVE reverts to SSRSS...if I include the SVE folder, it looks to SVE but not all the time. Either way I get the Duna/Mars issue. Earth has clouds and it working great...

Edited by Philaphlous

4 hours ago, Philaphlous said:

Got the clouds back and ground now. Everything looks great on Kerbin/Earth...however, when I journey to mars....

SSRSS error3

I take it, in the SVE/SVE_Configs/SVE_Clouds, I need to rename:

name = Duna-DustStorms
		body = Duna

to

name = Duna-DustStorms
		body = Mars

????

It also seems im having compaability issues... If I remove the SVE folder EVE reverts to SSRSS...if I include the SVE folder, it looks to SVE but not all the time. Either way I get the Duna/Mars issue. Earth has clouds and it working great...

Where in the install instructions does it say to install SVE? Or BoulderCo?

SSRSS comes with its own clouds. You just need to install the clouds in the optional folder.

the reason you are having issues is because you are mixing visual mods.. SVE is for Stock. Only works with stock. 

Remove SVE and only use the clouds cfg that comes with SSRSS.

To those having issues with black bodies:

this is due to a change in Kopernicus and I do know how to fix it, I just haven’t had the time or the motivation to fix this mod recently. I will get to it when I have the chance. You can roll back to a version of Kopernicus that works with it or you can wait until I update.

Edited by Galileo