[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

6 minutes ago, sylneo said:

Sorry I not understand for the advanced settings. I'm not so good in english and I not understantd if I have to select them in Settings or not ? If yes, where can I do that ?

An other thing I not understand in the advanced settings, you set variables for body with the real name or the planet but not for the Earth. You keep the name of "Kerbin". Why ? Just to understand how the mod work in KSP.

For Dafni, my sunflare with the version 0.0.3.0 is like this. With a clean install of KSP.

UDZWfpX.jpg

Earth is Kerbin retextured and renamed. It has to be for mods to work and for the game to load.  

Also your sun flare is way too big. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Now its too big, eh? What a life :rolleyes: I get the same flare here I believe, just in case you missed my post above. Suddenly the threat lights up too :)

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Earth is Kerbin retextured and renamed. It has to be for mods to work and for the game to load.  

For the Sunflare I just have the sunflare of your last version. Before I had a GSF mod that I remove. Do you think I need to reinstall KSP ?

For the struts bug, what can I do in your opinion ?

Yes but in your Advanced settings, you keep name of Kerbin instead of Earth. So the both name are working ? In my settings, I can see that and when i select defautl or high, it always revert back to "New Text"

xGhUyAg.png

13 minutes ago, sylneo said:

For the Sunflare I just have the sunflare of your last version. Before I had a GSF mod that I remove. Do you think I need to reinstall KSP ?

For the struts bug, what can I do in your opinion ?

Yes but in your Advanced settings, you keep name of Kerbin instead of Earth. So the both name are working ? In my settings, I can see that and when i select defautl or high, it always revert back to "New Text"

xGhUyAg.png

you can select "new text", yes, but you don't have to. KSP wont let me rename the preset.  for the struts bug, you have to be more precise on how you place struts. And yes, Earth is Kerbin. You will see the name Earth on the surface, but in the code, Earth is technically Kerbin.

GSF isn't compatible with SSRSS anymore unless you change the values like i posted in a previous post. You may have to reinstall, just to be sure

To test and show you what it should look like; I went with a basic install of SSRSS with only the visual mods.
1jSYEqy.png
Make sure you are using:
Scatterer v0.0320b
EVE v1.2.2.1
Sigma Dimensions v0.9.1 (v0.9.2 just released and works too)

What your sun flare should look like:uEmBnkF.png

Edited by Galileo

19 minutes ago, Galileo said:

you can select "new text", yes, but you don't have to. KSP wont let me rename the preset.  for the struts bug, you have to be more precise on how you place struts. And yes, Earth is Kerbin. You will see the name Earth on the surface, but in the code, Earth is technically Kerbin.

GSF isn't compatible with SSRSS anymore unless you change the values like i posted in a previous post. You may have to reinstall, just to be sure

OK I will try to reinstall tomorrow. 00:16 here now in France. :wink:

For the struts, I will look with the shuttle designer.

Last point for the advanced settings to understand KSP's working,

If I put :

PRESET
    {
        name = SSRSS
        PLANET
        {
            name = Kerbin
            minDistance = 8
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 10
        }
        PLANET
        {
            name = Moon
            minDistance = 8
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 9
        }
        PLANET
        {
            name = Murcury
            minDistance = 8
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 9
        }

It's like :

PRESET
    {
        name = SSRSS
        PLANET
        {
            name = Earth
            minDistance = 8
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 10
        }
        PLANET
        {
            name = Moon
            minDistance = 8
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 9
        }
        PLANET
        {
            name = Murcury
            minDistance = 8
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 9
        }

*edit* Didn't realise there was another page of discussion :P 

I suspect the massive sunflare will be related to pre-existing installs of EVE, Scatterer or Dimensions... I'll clean all mine out and start fresh with them, see what happens :)

Edited by eddiew

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

@styckx but what does your sun flare look like? :wink: Glad to see you still enjoying it

My sun flare? Oh yeah.. Reading up noticed that's the hot topic huh? Yeah.. It's fine.. Following instructions isn't hard. :wink:

TZD1k70.jpg

It's really amazing when you think about what Kerbal started out as graphics wise..

Then...  We're up to this...  Developers don't get enough credit for their hard work.. Which is a hobby. They take an insane amount of abuse, an insane amount of unwarranted self importance, insane demands, and dealing with people who don't read.  So.. The few times I do post on here..  It's to say thanks and not poodle and complain... Because unfortunately..  80% poodle and demand, 20% just say thank you.

My own recording using SSRSS and a few other mods...  When you read, and follow instructions.. You can dream the day away in a false reality of perfection..   This is what Kerbal is and always will be about.. Escaping... And dreaming...  

Edited by styckx

1 hour ago, styckx said:

It's really amazing when you think about what Kerbal started out as graphics wise..

Then...  We're up to this...  Developers don't get enough credit for their hard work.. Which is a hobby. They take an insane amount of abuse, an insane amount of unwarranted self importance, insane demands, and dealing with people who don't read.  So.. The few times I do post on here..  It's to say thanks and not poodle and complain... Because unfortunately..  80% poodle and demand, 20% just say thank you.

I absolutely love the video, and the kind words.

I always get this guilty feeling when I receive any kind of praise. I stand on the shoulders of others, and while I did put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into mods, Nothing I have created would be possible without them. Blackrack/Waz/Rbray/Thomas P...etc etc. They are the real MVP's.  They definitely don't get the love they deserve. 

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I absolutely love the video, and the kind words.

I always get this guilty feeling when I receive any kind of praise. I stand on the shoulders of others, and while I did put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into mods, Nothing I have created would be possible without them. Blackrack/Waz/Rbray/Thomas P...etc etc. They are the real MVP's.  They definitely don't get the love they deserve. 

Oh I know.. Believe me.. Just didn't feel like writing a tl;dr post. :)  But yes.. Most modders are modders because they're modding other peoples mods and took guidance from other modders.. Rinse repeat.  Trickle down affect.. etc..   

4 hours ago, Dafni said:

I got it now. Sigma was the culprit. I was pretty convinced I downloaded a fresh version when 0.0.3.0 dropped, like I did for all other dependencies on that day. Thanks for the help everybody.

I must have missed this. I'm really glad you got it working! Yeah, that can be confusing. As of SD v0.9.2, It now handles the task of scaling of sun flares its self. Because SSRSS is unlike most scaled system, as it shrinks instead of grows, I had to make the scale of the sunflare REALLY big so SD would scale it correctly. Not having the correct version of SD would cause it to be HUGE like you saw. Well, this is a learning experience for me and now I know what the solution could be if someone else reports this issue. So thanks for being the guinea pig! :D 

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

I must have missed this. I'm really glad you got it working! Yeah, that can be confusing. As of SD v0.9.2, It now handles the task of scaling of sun flares its self. Because SSRSS is unlike most scaled system, as it shrinks instead of grows, I had to make the scale of the sunflare REALLY big so SD would scale it correctly. Not having the correct version of SD would cause it to be HUGE like you saw. Well, this is a learning experience for me and now I know what the solution could be if someone else reports this issue. So thanks for being the guinea pig! :D 

You are welcome! :D

Again many thanks for the help and for all the work on this lovely mod, I appreciate it a lot. It really is an amazing mod, big kudos to all, you, dependency devs etc.

Hey @Galileo, I have not been to Venus in the latest 2 ssrss patches, and now I am wondering if we still have this pressure problem? (venus surface pressure exceeds the pressure limit of the stock KSP parts) I´m just asking to spare me the frustration of going there and finding out the hard way again.

And if the problem still persists, do you see an easy fix? I understand Venus is hard, and it should be, but not impossible please. At least for probes.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

Hey @Galileo, I have not been to Venus in the latest 2 ssrss patches, and now I am wondering if we still have this pressure problem? (venus surface pressure exceeds the pressure limit of the stock KSP parts) I´m just asking to spare me the frustration of going there and finding out the hard way again.

And if the problem still persists, do you see an easy fix? I understand Venus is hard, and it should be, but not impossible please. At least for probes.

Thanks in advance

I haven't changed it, so the problem still exists. You can either change the pressure curve values or just remove the curve for the time being. Maybe @OhioBob can cook up a new pressure curve for SSRSS, with his knowledge of all things curves :) 

28 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I would be easy enough to reduce the surface pressure and redo the curves.  I didn't know parts had a pressure limit.  What is it?

I think it's depends on the part, and not a global value. You can turn off or on the parts failing from pressure in the advanced difficulty settings.

Edited by Galileo

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I think it's depends on the part, and into a global value. You can turn off or on the parts failing from pressure in the advanced difficulty settings.

I can change Venus' surface pressure, but then it wouldn't be Venus anymore.  If that's what we want to do, I need somebody to tell me what to change the pressure to because I don't have the time to figure that out.

Alternatively, maybe we could mod the parts to increase their max setting.  Of course I have no idea what I'm looking for.  I don't see anything in the cfgs that indicates part pressure limits.

Of course the easiest thing to so if somebody doesn't want their parts to implode is just turn off the setting.  Seems like a good enough solution to me.