KSP MOCR (Mission Operations Control Room)

Tunefix

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f72

A standalone program that connects to a kRPC-server, and displays spacecraft/flight/orbital data.
There are several screen with different types of information on them, i.e. Engine data or Resources data.
There are also several screens that displays graphs of data, i.e. Altitude vs. Inertial speed, G-force and Dynamic pressure, Roll-Pitch-Yaw graphs, and more.
A resize-able map view shows the current position of the spacecraft with ground-track history.

Releases:
https://github.com/Tunefix/KSP_MOCR/releases/

Documentation: (The little that exists)
https://github.com/Tunefix/KSP_MOCR/blob/master/README.md

KO8Et8M.png

All the best,
  Tunefix.

Spoiler

B264SSs.png

gN6omSr.png

1xZmDIl.png

vBOetv3.png

ETKtzwT.png

8JDbStT.png

Edited by Tunefix
new version released

• 2 weeks later...

Current screen for FIDO calculations:

U8lwVSS.png

This is not using the games maneuver node-system. Istead it calculates the orbit resultant from burn parameters. It can also iterate through an orbit in steps of either 5 seconds of 1 second.
First use the [Iterate 5] to get close, and then the [Iterate 1] (witch takes a looong time to run) to get closer.
The result can then be relayed to the pilot, who can then set up his FDAI to show the correct burn attitude.

Then after the burn, you can see the new orbit-data from the game in the left column. Then it's time to calculate a mid-course correction!

A bit old-school, but thats half the fun.

It uses point-burns, so the person manning the Booster-position will have to calculate how long the burn needs to be to achieve the total deltaV, and when to start the burn. (Nominally FIDO TIG - (burntime / 2))
And the burn-angles are in a inertial reference frame.

Edited by Tunefix

@MeCripp,
Yes it does look like Telemachus. That was how i started this project, me wanting something more 1960's Apollo-style stuff. And more numbers, in addition to the graphs.
And then I found that kRPC was better suited to my use. And I tought i could share it also!
:-)

Oh, and with our own PySSMQ-server for inter-ksp_mocr-clients-data-exchange, you can have this (For those GO/NO-GO rounds):
227P8Ak.pngwjxdKNB.png

Edited by Tunefix

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30.7.2017 at 3:14 AM, Uace24 said:

Does this work with RSS/RO?

Have not tried, just used it with vanilla so far.

Status Update:
Not much have happend in a long time, because, you know, life, summer, and everything.
When fall comes, and the nights again get dark, I should get more time to move this forwards.

:)

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

great work.

many thanks for updates and keeping this alive.

Cheers.

Yeah, I got stuck in a kind of rut. Turns out; Rocket Science is HARD. And orbital mechanics; EVEN HARDER!
Who would have thunk!
:D

So I am now dealing with more low-level issues, like graphs.
Will brush up some of the map-stuff next, like a button to turn the "tail" on/off, turn fading of the tail on/off, and setting tail length.

Suggestions are also highly appreciated.

Alpha 4 now available.

Changes:
* Added H/Hdot-graph (screen 55)
* Added some controls to map-view (sceen 8), show/hide tail, set tail length, fade tail

t2WDsTQ.png

A badly managed launch. :P (But orbit acheived 117km by 75km)
The red line is a rough ballpark guideline. The target apoapse can be set in screen 1 (Ascent), and the max HDOT then adjusted if necessary.

K9Rsnhw.png

Edited by Tunefix
typo

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

How does this send/receive data from/to KSP, can you enlighten me?

I loved Telemachus which was a bit alike this, but it had big time performance issues for me (mainly RAM) so I was sorta forced to remove it.

This sends/receives data from KSP via the kRPC-plugin.

Alpha 5 is out.

Biggest changes are new look of some panels/screens.
Also I have added an Event Indicator panel for FIDO, and one Event Indicator panel (out of 4) for EECOM.
The layout of these panels are as they were during Apollo 15. They have no functionality in KSP_MOCR,
but are  more a display of possibilities.

2NTiZXO.png4A0sIK5.pngP70kG5W.pngOLrIJK7.pngmqHKc92.png

JwPQ2tp.pngrs6lifh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alpha 6 is out!

The biggest change is the look of the telemetry-screens. They are now more in a CRT-style, and with a 4:3 aspect ratio. I also found while doing research a specification for the charactron that generated these screens during Apollo, so i have made font-sizes of the CRT-screens as close to this spec as possible, in terms of number of chars pr. line, and number of lines.

Changelist:
 * Pilot-screen (#100) diabled. (So many things were wrong there, and it did bad things)
 * New screen for FDAI (#101)
 * Added error needles and roll rates to the FDAI
 * New screen for DSKY (#102) (Not wery functional, but the look of it)
 * Started rewrite of AGC, and added button on main form for starting/stopping it. The AGC should only be running on one instance of KSP_MOCR, preferably the same that will use the DSKY. The state of the AGC is then transmitted to other instances via PySSSMQ.
 * New screen: Temperature (#7). Shows the hottest parts, parts with ablator resource, and radiators.
 * New screen: Consumables (#3). Show parts that contains either liquid fuel, oxydizer or monopropellant.
 * New screen: Electrical system (#6). Show parts that either uses, generates or stores electricity.
 * Redone screen: Booster (#2). The booster screen is completly redone.
 * Redone screen: Orbit View (#4). Removed the old FIDO-screen (whitch did'nt work), and replaced with simple orbit-view. (Inclination not included)

And now, many pictures to show off the new screens.

8JDbStT.pngB264SSs.pnggN6omSr.pngvBOetv3.png1xZmDIl.pngETKtzwT.png

Edited by Tunefix
Imgur albums don't work...

Sweet mod... :wink: Good job

I was just wondering, and I assume so, but we kno how assuming can end up.. but will this work alongside Telemachus?
I like the ability to use some of the touch control button screens of Telemachus...

10 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Sweet mod... :wink: Good job

I was just wondering, and I assume so, but we kno how assuming can end up.. but will this work alongside Telemachus?
I like the ability to use some of the touch control button screens of Telemachus...

I can confirm with you in 1.4.1 Telemachus\Krpc and this seems to be working ok with each other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.