Neuralink

Spaceception

SpaceX is to deliver beings and stuff to Mars.

Tesla is to make solar panels and vehicles (stuff) for Mars.

The Boring Company is to dig habitats and transit (places for stuff) on Mars.

Neuralink is to make the beings...

Starship with crew:

Spoiler

Pigsinspace218.jpg

Edited by tater

3 hours ago, tater said:

Sadly, it turns out this way (channeling @kerbiloid here):

Reveal hidden contents

Demon2.png

This whole Neuralink thing reminded me strongly of another game:

Spoiler

Prey (2017).prey_splash-1200x600.jpg

It has Neuromods that you install into your brain. They rewire the connectome to instantly learn new skills such as speaking foreign languages, playing the piano like a world-known maestro, and potentially much more. It also has some of the most stylish art I’ve seen in games:

Spoiler

Neuromod_Poster_1470345885.jpg

Edited by sh1pman

7 hours ago, sh1pman said:

This whole Neuralink thing reminded me strongly of another game

It reminds me of countless SF stories.

One of them that seems most relevant is Rats, Bats, and Vats, where some aliens show up and offer a brain-boosting implant to some humans. Most of the humans decline, but it is is used on a woman who was profoundly disabled. They also use the technology to uplift to sentience the "rats" and "bats" of the title. Funny thing, though, it turns out that anyone who has one of these chips in their brain is automatically unable to disobey commands from or act against the interests of the aliens who provided the technology.....

22 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

Funny thing, though, it turns out that anyone who has one of these chips in their brain is automatically unable to disobey commands from or act against the interests of the aliens who provided the technology.....

Nationalism-driven sycophancy for the data-collection-driven corporations "on you side" does it perfectly well without any brain implants.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/26/2020 at 9:14 AM, kerbiloid said:

TV + neuralink + blockchain → all of them are sitting at home and watching TV, while their brains permanently calculate random numbers and checksum and generate bitcoins for the sake of all thinking humanity,

Compute power for the Ultimate AI! Next in line is an implant that will rebuild your body and mind from the cloud backup every time you die.

On 8/26/2020 at 7:02 PM, cubinator said:

Anyway, I have the feeling this presentation could make Elon seem even more like a supervillain depending on what's in it.

If he starts up teleportation research using mini black holes in Kyiv I'm gonna oust myself from this planet!

• 10 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 10:01 AM, tater said:

Soon we can post here with our minds and get rewarded by banana smoothie

... Or will you only think you've had a banana smoothie and be satisfied?

Edit - new thought: remember when they discovered that heretofore unknown connection between the stomach and the brain?  Nuralink that pipeline for weight loss without the dire side effects of the current medicinal cure. 

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Edit - new thought: remember when they discovered that heretofore unknown connection between the stomach and the brain?  Nuralink that pipeline for weight loss without the dire side effects of the current medicinal cure. 

Kinda brilliant. Once they are common, make the app ;)

18 hours ago, darthgently said:

If you can't afford the implant you can pay over time by allowing targeted advertisements direct to your brain for 5 years

Meh, that's peanuts to your true economic potential. Rent out your spare brain data processing capacity to the AI technocore for real profits.

On 10/16/2023 at 3:00 AM, monophonic said:

Meh, that's peanuts to your true economic potential. Rent out your spare brain data processing capacity to the AI technocore for real profits.

Reminded me of that meme that asked what if we used 100% of the brain, and then the "we are not the same" meme right after. I didn't bother trying to edit text onto the picture, but here's my janky version.

Spoiler

You use 100% of your brain because your body needs it to function.

5qiuqp.jpg?a471456

I use 10% of my brain because I'm traning AI. We are not the same.

Edited by Spaceception
It's brain, not bran